Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Applejack or Rarity

Dreadmallon

Which pony do you prefer?  

85 users have voted

1. 1. Applejack or Rarity?

• Applejack
    • Rarity

I love Rarity (she's my favourite) because I find her to be the most realistic of the Mane Six.

Applejack is a close second though ;)

Rarity for certain. AJ just has the "country girl" personality and ethics, and I just don't care for them. I meet more enough of those types where I live. :P

I'm gonna have to say Rarity. I can't really order the six, but if I could then Rarity would probably come before Applejack. After seeing "A Dog and a Pony Show" or whatever it was called, my opinion on Rarity changed completely. I like her voice better, and her purple mane goes nicely with her white coat.

That's not to say I don't like AJ though :P

• Brohoof 1

Applejack. Applejack is strong, practical, and usually knows what she's talking about, or prefers to stay silent otherwise. (Zecora's case excluded)

Rarity on the other hand, is a fashionista, or whatever. I dislike fashion, I'm a practical guy, all my clothes and just about everything I own has some practical use to it. I have few items I have no reason for having other than "they are cool." This goes against everything fashion is. So obviously to Rarity, "They are cool" is reason enough to spend hours working on something. That in the end, will have no practical benefit for anypony.

Although I will admit I would like to own a suit, it would need pockets, and would be used to impress someone to get something. So still useful. But being fashionable in everything one does is just, bleh. People and ponies who feel the need to be fashionable always strike me as attention starved.

Oh, and Rarity is a drama queen, I hate drama queens. I cringe whenever Rarity starts to raise her voice.

Applejack, because she's down-to-earth, hardworking, and a simpleton I could take advantage of quite good-natured.

Tough one (but which choice isnt?), though I guess I have to go with AJ

I just wanted to break that 4th wall and help her during Applebucking Season

Maybe I also just like a bit of a stubborn person or one who can get things done.

When I don't do something I don't mind when someone pushes me so hard that i eventualy do said thing/job. But knowing myself it has to be done by somepony strong and capable of withstanding me.

Plenty of reasons to like either of them though heh. but I guess when I have to choose, Spikey Wikey can have his Rarity.

Rarity, because she is the most beautiful pony!

Something wrong with the southern US?

Yes, warning, i just finished a union campaign in a civil war mod in empire total war.

Got to be honest here, I actually never managed to really see her as a Southern US American. I just see her as another ponyville inhabitant :)

Doesn't really help that I first heard her in the Dutch Southern equivalent.

I don't even compare any other pony to their supposedly real-world counterparts though, ... not that I mind!

This one's tough, but I think I have to go with Rarity. I just find her more interesting and enjoy when she's on screen more than Applejack, I dunno why, I just don't find Applejack as interesting. I like how Rarity comes off as this cliche' fashion-obsessed damsel-in-distress drama queen type, but she knows how to get out of a tight situation (intentionally being a whiny bitch while enslaved by the diamond dogs so that they'd release her when they couldn't take it anymore) and how she is perfectly willing to get her hands dirty when necessary (she was the first to attack the manticore in Friendship is Magic Part 2, and threaten the teenage dragon's that she'd "rip them to pieces" if they hurt spike).

I find her much more complex than Applejack, her element is generosity yet we don't see many obvious examples, and one usually has to really think about things she says or does to see her generosity (such as how she refused to babysit the cakes newborn foals in a way that came off as rude and selfish, but if you think about it her home is extremely unsafe for a child since she runs a tailoring business from her home, and running a business also means she could've been way too busy to babysit), and her few obvious moments of generosity truly shine, two examples being how she cut off a piece of her own tail to repair the sea serpents mustache in The Return of Harmony Part 2, and how she was so clearly torn between being generous to her friend Twilight by making a dress for her birthday party and attending it, and living the good life as a popular socialite in Canterlot, and how in the end, she chose her friends over them (though that's more a moment of loyalty than generosity, still she was being generous as she could by trying to attend both Twilight's birthday party and Fancy Pants' party).

Basically I just find Rarity more complex and interesting than Applejack, that and her voice actress is amazing, I love british accents, and I love art myself and I can appreciate fashion on an artistic level to some degree, I prefer my clothing, hair, skin, and beard to match than to have the colors clash.

• Brohoof 1

I think for me anyways, the vote will go for Applejack. I value Rarity's kind heart and generous spirit. I also value the honesty and integrity of Applejack just as much. Though in terms of personality, I could see myself hanging around Applejack more often than I would Rarity. Rarity is cool, but she's way to upper crust for some one like me. It's a world I just don't fit in, but a world that Rarity pines for. Applejack has no care for that sort of thing. So for me Applejack will get this vote.