Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why hasn't the school board or the government close down the school?

FlareGun45

Look, really, if this were real life - the government would be surrounding the school, closing it down, and hiring scientists to find out the source of the magical anomaly. Really, Equestria would be in danger right now if the magic problem is gonna expand. The magic already revealed itself at the mall, on a cruise ship, in a theme park.... and after all that, no government agents in sight.

This would be an interesting potential story, if the series was still on.

• Brohoof 1

Nah, I'm glad it's a thing they just accept. Honestly getting the government involved is a good way to diminish my interest in these things

• Brohoof 2

22 minutes ago, Megas said:

Nah, I'm glad it's a thing they just accept. Honestly getting the government involved is a good way to diminish my interest in these things

Even if not the government, the longer the portal stays open, the more the human world gets endangered by magic anomalies. Someday, the problem could be too big for the girls to handle.

• Brohoof 1

This is why cartoons are better than live action. If this were a live action movie then the military would get involved (Sonic, Transformers) and the movie would go off the rails and end up in the same place that gritty, live action reboots go. As a cartoon, you can accept the necessary things and enjoy the story.

• Brohoof 2

11 hours ago, Califorum said:

I would like this to happen...they send in Superintendent Tirek or Grogar.

Now THAT I would definitely love to see. I don't know much about EQG, but sending superintendent Tirek or Grogar to close down the school only for them to find a dragon or something would be the funniest thing.

Literally the whole plot-

safe_image.jpeg.7b04fe519bd09450e7be8d312f8f1231.jpeg

• Brohoof 1

One simple explenation is the government doesn't know... Or they don't believe it.

Imean look at america handling corona vurus before!? They don't believe in it until it starts infecting and killing them off.... Even up till now some don't believe in it.

Government: sure they're magical, we believe all our children and future of our country magical.

• 1 year later...

My personal theory is that whatever government exists there is aware of what's happening at CHS and is secretly studying it from afar in order to figure out how to harness Equestrian magic for commercial or military purposes.

This also includes Sci-Twi secretly being a government scientist whose primary assignment was to figure out how to build devices capable of using magic. She went rogue after the Friendship Games.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going to assume that the majority of people in the Equestria Girls world are oblivious to the magic that exists all around them. They either pretend it isn't happening and focus on their daily lives, or they think it's some kind of stunt with some very good special effects. Sunset and the others have done a very good job of keeping the magic from getting too noticed, but it has been a difficult one seeing as some magic has managed to slip through the proverbial cracks as it were.