Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general media Dora the Explorer and Fairly OddParents are getting live action reboots

Kion

https://deadline.com/2021/02/nickelodeons-dora-the-explorer-the-fairly-odd-parents-get-live-action-series-remakes-on-paramount-1234700539/amp/

So another two shows from my childhood are getting reboots but only this time live action. I can’t say that I’m that surprised considering the fact that Dora and the lost city of gold was a major success and it deserves all the Money it was a great movie and I don’t think anyone expected it to be as great as it was,  and the live action fairly OddParents tv movies did pretty well in ratings to however I’m not a fan of them of them really expect the first one.  I’m honestly not sure how a live action Dora series would work the movie is one thing but the entire series I don’t know. As for fairly OddParents well butch hartman is confirmed to be involved in the live action reboot so maybe it will be good I don’t know we’ll see but this should be interesting that’s for sure. 

Edited by Twilight Skies

1. Live Action FoP reboot - Jesus fucking Christ they learned absolutely nothing from those abysmal Drake Bell films

2. Live Action Dora reboot - Now this right here....the Live Action movie was better than it had any right to be, almost like a real acid trip. If the reboot tries to be like that movie....I might actually be up for it

Why does everything have to resort to live action versions of already successful animated properties? Oh yeah, because Disney is doing it with their classics to make a quick buck, so everyone else wants to hop on board. Thanks again Disney for continuing to push trends that are hurting media. When you take something from animation and make it live action, you lose a lot of style and possible imagination. Animation let's you run wild with whatever concepts you have and apparently these giant corporations don't care anymore. Not that I'm surprised. Disney has shown them all that capitalism is more important than creativity.

• Brohoof 2

Why does this sound like it will fall flat on its face? Not that I was interested in these things, I almost laughed when I saw the title to be entirely honest. Disney is an absolute joke of a company, they ruin everything and it disgusts me, seeing them own everything and do absolutely nothing good to show for it.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Califorum said:

Why does this sound like it will fall flat on its face? Not that I was interested in these things, I almost laughed when I saw the title to be entirely honest. Disney is an absolute joke of a company, they ruin everything and it disgusts me, seeing them own everything and do absolutely nothing good to show for it.

It's not Disney, Paramount is owned by ViacomCBS, who in turn owns these Nickelodeon franchises. :ButtercupLaugh:

Not being "that guy playing devil's advocate" for this though. Not a chance. Not only have I pretty much abandoned all hope in us one day finally getting some focus on new franchises...this really is a joke. Fairly Oddparents and Dora the Explorer...those have to be some of the most tired kid's show franchises by far. :mellow:

@CloudMistDragon

Indeed. I really don't have any hope in them though. As for Paramount, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say that literally all media these days (with some exceptions) has gone down hill so I can't point the blame to them specifically.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
11 minutes ago, CloudMistDragon said:

It's not Disney, Paramount is owned by ViacomCBS, who in turn owns these Nickelodeon franchises. :ButtercupLaugh:

Not being "that guy playing devil's advocate" for this though. Not a chance. Not only have I pretty much abandoned all hope in us one day finally getting some focus on new franchises...this really is a joke. Fairly Oddparents and Dora the Explorer...those have to be some of the most tired kid's show franchises by far. :mellow:

Yeah, i kind of agree with that I mean Dora only ended a year and a half ago 1999-2019 while fairly OddParents only ended 3 years ago 2001-2017  it kind of shows you how desperate Nickelodeon is for money when they’re reviving shows that have not even been off the air for 5 years.

Edited by Twilight Skies
  • Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, TomDaBombMLP said:

Will every company out there stop ruining our childhoods?! :angry:

I really don't see what the problem is. If you don't like it, don't watch it. I ignored the Bragon Ball movie and nothing happened :).

Let's say MLP G5 is really awful low quality show full of propaganda. It would not reduce my opinion about G4.

If you go watch a movie that you know is bad just to complain about it, well, the studio already has your money, so it doesn't care.

1 hour ago, Pentium100 said:

I really don't see what the problem is. If you don't like it, don't watch it. I ignored the Bragon Ball movie and nothing happened :).

There’s no problem. I just think it’s a shame that everything has to be remade all the time. :coco:

Edited by TomDaBombMLP

17 minutes ago, TomDaBombMLP said:

There’s no problem. I just think it’s a shame that everything has to be remade all the time. :coco:

As I understand it looks safer to the studio execs. Why risk money on something that may not be popular if you can remake something popular and be pretty much guaranteed ots of money?

As I understand it looks safer to the studio execs. Why risk money on something that may not be popular if you can remake something popular and be pretty much guaranteed ots of money?

It doesn’t mean that it’s guaranteed to be any good and quite a few attempts have been pretty appalling. Take most of those Disney remakes. :yuck:

Edited by TomDaBombMLP
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I mean Dora was Nick Jrs cash cow for quite a long time and was the biggest preschool series back in the 2000s  until paw patrol took over so yeah, and Fairly OddParents while it didn’t have nearly the amount of  merchandise and stuff Dora had  it became a milked franchise in its own way.

Edited by Twilight Skies

10 minutes ago, TomDaBombMLP said:

It doesn’t mean that it’s guaranteed to be any good and quite a few attempts have been pretty appalling. Take most of those Disney remakes. :yuck:

It will be bad most likely. However, being attached to a well-known name makes people want to go see it (especially the people who want to go see it as early as possible). If they are disappointed after buying the ticket, the studio does not care, it has the money already.

That's why they do it. It does not have to be good, just a well-known name (similar with movies based on video games and video games based on movies) and people will pay money to see it.

I have never watched the two shows mentioned in OP, but I understand they were pretty good and that's why the studio wants to milk them. 

A brand new show/movie has to be decent to earn money, a remake is pretty much guaranteed an audience, even if it's bad.

13 minutes ago, Pentium100 said:

a remake is pretty much guaranteed an audience, even if it's bad.

That’s the very reason why that pathetic excuse of a Lion King remake is now the highest grossing animated film. :worry:

Edited by TomDaBombMLP

(edited)
16 minutes ago, TomDaBombMLP said:

That’s the very reason why that pathetic excuse of a Lion King remake is now the highest grossing animated film. :worry:

Wait what I thought that frozen was the highest grossing animated film.

Edited by Twilight Skies

It seems like everything under the sun is getting a live action version and I honestly don't think it's necessary. I mean if they can make them good, sure, but why do it in the first place? The answer is pretty obvious, but there are so many other things they could dedicate time and resources to.

I was about to write a long post about how I hate reboots and studios should come up with new ideas instead of digging up old franchises.

Then I remembered that I’m on a forum dedicated to the 4th version of a TV show that started in the 80s.

3DCB91F3-1903-43C9-833D-4F0DF42A2149.jpeg.dc873f112e0c53426a1c93afea2dfb49.jpeg