Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why I Believe That Cell Phones In MLP G5 Make Sense!

GatebreakerGT

I saw a lot of people talking about why they did not like the fact that G5 was introducing Cell Phones into the world of MLP, I for one really didn't understand why they think that Cell Phones in MLP are bad for the series and don't make any sense. Well in this video, I try my best to explain why Cell Phones in MLP G5 makes sense in the best way that I can.

(Granted this is my first time making a discussion or analysis video like this, so I may have tried to elaborate on a couple things that I may or may not have too much knowledge on. But I tried my best and I'm 100% open to criticism :BrightMacContent:

Edited by GatebreakerGT
  • Brohoof 1

When I first saw this, I totally thought “heck no! Cell phones?” But now, I understand how they brought a little reality into the movie. Still, I think it’s a little, you know, out there. But I totally understand why you, and some other people agree. My vote would have to be no-no I’m still very open to the idea… If that makes sense. Thanks! -Dawn

• Brohoof 1

After spending time in the human world in Equestria Girls I could easily believe that Twilight would want to make the pony world more technologically advance.

There's a lot of things about G5 that worry me, and the ponies having cell phones is not one of them.

You partially changed my mind on this, me being someone who was never too bothered by the phone inclusion as I remembered EqG, Pony Life, and of course, the fact that G4 had modern technology too. Discord having a smartphone though, good catch, can't believe I forgot that one. Aside from some fast talking, that was a good video and I'm glad you are one of those fans who does not just go with the "popular opinion" when people are complaining. :coco: 

Oh yeah, also glad that you like Dragon Ball too. Rock on, bro. B)

• 3 months later...

I'm more of a "Wait and See" person. We don't know for sure whether cell phone will take over the entire run of the show or not. Could literally just be a hobby that has a little to no effect on the actual overall series. 

Heck when I saw the trailer for Onward from Pixar I thought it was going to turn into a "Magic is automatically superior to Technology or Technology is automatically better than Magic" argument. But thankfully, it never does. By the end of the movie, a mixture of using both magic and technology is able to coexist with each other. There are some things magic can do that technology can't and there are some things technology can do that magic can't do.