Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Computer or Phone to access MLP Forums?

Vinyl Scratch.

Which one do you use more often to access the forums? 

When I was active here when I was younger I accessed the forums pretty much exclusively from my PC, but now I find myself accessing it pretty much exclusively on my phone. 

Has the way you access the forums changed over time? :huh:

Edited by The Wife of Law
  • Brohoof 2

10 minutes ago, Vinyl Scratch. said:

Which one do you use more often to access the forums? 

When I was active here when I was younger I accessed the forums pretty much exclusively from my PC, but now I find myself accessing it pretty much exclusively on my phone. 

Has the way you access the forums changed over time? :huh:

Nope, I was a mobile user of this site and I still am. I just find it more convenient.

• Brohoof 2

4 minutes ago, Jade Horse said:

Nope, I was a mobile user of this site and I still am. I just find it more convenient.

That makes sense. I didn't like the old mobile layout that they used. It's miles better now than it once was though! :D

• Brohoof 1

15 minutes ago, Vinyl Scratch. said:

That makes sense. I didn't like the old mobile layout that they used. It's miles better now than it once was though! :D

I think for a time they had it where this site only had a desktop version. Or maybe I'm remembering it wrongly. 

Either it way it was inconvinient. 

Thank goodness, sites like Omniglot are starting to think about the opressed mobile underdogs. 

• Brohoof 1

Computer. Computers are already better than phones, already better than phones for the internet, and far better than phones for an internet forum site like this. I only use my phone for the internet for stuff I need to check on the go. 

• Brohoof 1

It's interesting to see how many people still primarily use a computer to assess the forums, especially with a world that's going more and more mobile.

I have to admit, the fact that the mobile site doesn't display people's sigs is a little disappointing. But I can always jump into the desktop site if I wanna look around :yay:

• Brohoof 3

21 minutes ago, Rainbowshine295 said:

In my early days I used my laptop, but after it broke down, I went on a break, and literally forgot about the forum. Later I signed in from my phone.

Good to hear you found you way back :yay: Did you ever end up getting your laptop fixed?

Phone only, I don't know why though. 

54 minutes ago, Vinyl Scratch. said:

I completely forgot about the existence of Chrome books  Do they still make new ones? 

They're very popular in the education world currently. Cheap, simple, and when kids destroy them they're cheap enough to replace. 

• Brohoof 1

i find myself doing more web browsing in general on my phone rn since i got my iPhone cause its so fast, but probably after fixing the windows install in my pc, and upgrading my laptop  (cause i bought one that was much slower than it said it would be) hopefully to a convertible laptop/tablet,

then i’ll probably do a lot on my pc and laptop

14 minutes ago, Northern Star said:

Phone only, I don't know why though. 

They're very popular in the education world currently. Cheap, simple, and when kids destroy them they're cheap enough to replace. 

yeah thats true but i’m still struggling to understand the why of *needing* a device for education

• Brohoof 1

Phone. These days I find myself mostly coming onto the forum to pass the time during breaks between class or even before I go to bed.

• Brohoof 1

Computer, my phone is not the best. And switching between the forum and a dictionary for the case that I forgot an english word while writing is much easier on the computer than the phone. 

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, Vinyl Scratch. said:

Good to hear you found you way back :yay: Did you ever end up getting your laptop fixed?

Nope. I'll get a new one once we have enough money. That thing was ancient, my dad used it like when I was barely in kindergarten, and gave it to me around the end of sixth grade. You don't fix such ancient things. You give them to museums.

• Brohoof 1

On 2022-08-12 at 2:26 AM, Vinyl Scratch. said:

I completely forgot about the existence of Chrome books  Do they still make new ones? 

I believe so! I got mine in 2020 for about 200 bucks USD. It's a pretty dinky little device, but it works for what I do. It's great for web browsing and writing, though if you want to use a lot of specialized apps and whatnot I'd suggest like... A modern macbook or something. Good for the price, I suppose.