Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Applegeeks YouTube videos got blocked

snapart

12 hours ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but I simply don't understand the appeal of "Reaction" videos. I have never felt the desire to watch someone watch something. A review, yes, but I have never wanted to watch a video with someone talking over it. I should amend that. If someone decided to give it the MST3K treatment, I might watch if it's a premeditated attempt at comedy. If it's just "Oh, that was cool!" or "Hey, that character looks great!" I'm not interested.

It's just like watching the show with somebody. 

I'm not a fan of the guy's content as reaction content is not my thing. HOWEVER, that is just my unrelated opinion since I can see that this topic is about the way he's been treated by Youtube and Hasbro right now, which is unacceptable. It truly does sadden me how it seems that Hasbro is never going to get with the times. Oh, and don't even get me started on Youtube. I abandoned hope for that doomed ship a long time ago. :mellow:

• Brohoof 2

Applegeek is one of my favorite reactors. I have spent a lot of time listening to his comments after the actual blind commentary, which usually takes almost the same tame as the episode itself. His first react was when CMC got their cutiemarks, so very late into Season 5. That means he actually makes real blind reacts, and not the fake ones that you see from Bronies React. He doesn't go back to the old episodes he has already watched, since that would not be entertaining according to him.
His quick response towards something happening in an episode is, slightly too good, so it could be questionable. But he seems genuine. And he is strong and can deal with trolls (YouTube is full of them).

• Brohoof 3

Posting your opinion on this content creator is fine, whether it’s negative or positive.
Posting here does not mean your thoughts on him must be upstanding.

However,

Steering the discussion toward someone being rude or not fair because of that view is not a acceptable.
Let’s keep posts on topic.

10 hours ago, Splashee said:

Applegeek is one of my favorite reactors. I have spent a lot of time listening to his comments after the actual blind commentary, which usually takes almost the same tame as the episode itself. His first react was when CMC got their cutiemarks, so very late into Season 5. That means he actually makes real blind reacts, and not the fake ones that you see from Bronies React. He doesn't go back to the old episodes he has already watched, since that would not be entertaining according to him.
His quick response towards something happening in an episode is, slightly too good, so it could be questionable. But he seems genuine. And he is strong and can deal with trolls (YouTube is full of them).

That is why I enjoyed his content. I watched a good amount of his videos. I am sad they are gone.

• Brohoof 3

2 minutes ago, Splashee said:

@snapart

Please, keep posts on topic as previous said.

I'll be right back on topic. Do you think it was wrong to point out the insult?

But yes, back to my topic. I have now started downloading the reactions videos, as I am not sure if Hasbro might also block the old ones at some point. Does anyone know if the old ones have been blocked before or if this is a problem especially with season 9?

• 2 months later...

I never heard of this guy actually XD looks cool tho feels like I missed something out lol I watch like mlp review videos however. Yeah yt has been pretty unfair on creators lately.