Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do They Want Us to Hate Discord?

Misty Shadow

Though I did mostly enjoy Season 2 of Pony Life, and even thought that the final episodes of it were the most interesting, I don't know how I feel about the twist with Discord 

Spoiler

creating all the trouble in Ponyville, stealing every pony's wishes, and being the reason Ponyville will get messed up again at the very end

and get this weird feeling now that they want us to hate him. Not only did this feel like an homage to the controversial finale of FiM, the fact that the pre-finale episode is about them throwing him a birthday party...I wonder if this is some kind of cruel, unusual joke from Hasbro. :mlp_wat: Does anyone else who watched the last episodes feel that same way? 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I'm honestly convinced they actually find all of the stuff they do with Discord to be actually endearing(it's not) given how he almost always gets away with it , because when I think about it, it lines up with a lot of dumb bullshit they've constantly rehash despite negative responses. Like, how they actually looked at the Grogar twist and actually think it was a good idea is absolutely baffling(though with the context of the leaks its even worse because with the original plans it might have actually worked but when they changed it now it looks lazy)

I still have yet to see the finale to Pony Life, but generally with the bizarre and frantic nature of Pony Life I'd like to believe Discord's antics were more tolerable, but even this has me worried

Edited by Megas
  • Brohoof 5

As much as I detests My Little Pony Go! with every fiber of my being, I checked out the final episodes anyway out of morbid curiosity, and yeah from the looks of it, they definitely do.

I mean, Discord had made some decisions that went from incompetent to downright malicious, and I'm surprised he had been stuck around for so long and getting away with it.

To be honest, I'm still questioning on why the staff thinking that ' reforming' Discord is a good idea?

2 hours ago, Megas said:

I'm honestly convinced they actually find all of the stuff they do with Discord to be actually endearing(it's not), because when I think about it, it lines up with a lot of dumb bullshit they've constantky rehash despite negative responses. Like, how they actually looked at the Grogar twist and actually think it was a good idea is absolutely baffling(though with the context of the leaks its even worse because with the original plans it might have actually worked but when they changed it now it looks lazy)

I still have yet to see the finale to Pony Life, but generally with the bizarre and frantic nature of Pony Life I'd like to believe Discord's antics were more tolerable, but even this has me worried

What I also found interesting was the fact that his chaos realm in Pony Life looks like actual hell. And he was the root of all the chaos in Ponyville, the only antagonistic force of the series. I guess the people who disliked the topic didn't actually watch the episodes either and just assumed I'm stretching this, but the end gag is also weirdly consistent with the end joke in the third volume of the MLP Manga that explains Pony Life's creation. :mlp_huh:

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2021-05-23 at 3:55 AM, Kujamih said:

I guess gen 5 .... Discord is the villain...

I have the bad feeling that Gen 5 is going to make Twilight the villain and reveal that she was a bad ruler and the reason why Equestria is so messed up in Gen 5.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
On 2021-06-06 at 4:29 AM, Starforce Glimmer said:

The way pony life is makes us wonder if they want us to hate the actual show itself. 

18 minutes ago, LonelyYugi said:

I have the bad feeling that Gen 5 is going to make Twilight the villain and reveal that she was a bad ruler and the reason why Equestria is so messed up in Gen 5.

Maybe they want us to hate gen4 to make us like gen5...I don't mind that aslong as they make it right...which is hard...BUT IF IT WORKS. They gunna make money and records.

Edited by Kujamih
  • Brohoof 1

37 minutes ago, LonelyYugi said:

I REALLY hope not...:(

• 5 months later...

He's a lot different and doesn't have the iconic Q-like voice anymore, but if you ignore that and try not to be upset about the old Discord's demise, it's still entertaining; he still exists in the old show, at least. I didn't catch the reference you mentioned, though (but I've seen all the episodes of FIM and PL). I personally don't mind them giving him new qualities, because that means we get to experience something new instead of a rehash of something old (but I'm one to look on the bright side).

Fluttershy's personality is different, too (but not nearly as different as Discord's change). I mean, she's . . . stronger now. Rainbow Dash is a tad different (perhaps more sedentary, less arrogant, and more amiable); I think this is a consequence of her body shape and not being featured in the sky as much. Rarity's a bit more dramatic (but she was already dramatic). Yeah, Pinkie Pie is pretty much the same (but there are differences; we don't see her forelorn/sensitive side as much, and she's intense 90-something% of the time, now, instead of just 75%). Apple Jack doesn't work as much; she's a lot more into hanging out with friends and quality time. Twilight, well, I guess she's the same; a bit less realistic, maybe. Spike looks different, but he's the same; he hasn't swooned over Rarity much, if at all, though, and he had the chance at last once.

No villains, so far. Slice of life stuff; I like that, personally. Villains can be great, especially if they wend their ways.

Discord's only in like one episode anyway; I wouldn't worry about it too much. How many more seasons are on the way?

Edited by zinto