Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

will twilight sparkle be like Celestia? nerfed?

Evil Pink One

12 hours ago, Kujamih said:

I have a feeling she won't be OP  in gen 5....

I wonder if Sunny is OP now when she is an alicorn? They kinda promoted her after .... how long was the movie now?

As for Twilight, if she returns, and she isn't just some spirit ghost thing who can't interact with the world, then.... did Twilight even have power to begin with? :huh: Her lasers were like half as strong as Starlight Glimmer's? Wasn't she already nerfed in G4?

Twilight already did not fight much or use her magic powers offensively that much in the show, so I don't see why her being nerfed would be an issue, granted she wouldn't just come back Star Wars force ghost style. Even if she was some kind of Dragon Ball style god, I do not think she'd want to flaunt her powers much, focusing on teaching Sunny what needs to be passed down before she returns to her realm beyond. 

• Brohoof 1

On 2022-01-11 at 6:38 AM, CloudMistDragon said:

Twilight already did not fight much or use her magic powers offensively that much in the show, so I don't see why her being nerfed would be an issue, granted she wouldn't just come back Star Wars force ghost style. Even if she was some kind of Dragon Ball style god, I do not think she'd want to flaunt her powers much, focusing on teaching Sunny what needs to be passed down before she returns to her realm beyond. 

....... starlight fight. season 9 ending. 

tirekfight?... not counted.

Ursa minor.

trixie part 2 fight. 

Sombra second fight.

discord.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 2022-01-10 at 1:47 PM, Splashee said:

As for Twilight, if she returns, and she isn't just some spirit ghost thing who can't interact with the world, then.... did Twilight even have power to begin with? :huh: Her lasers were like half as strong as Starlight Glimmer's? Wasn't she already nerfed in G4?

I’m sure it’ll be in lines of what you wrote. A spirit or whatever preventing her to directly be involved, but nevertheless help the Mane 5. Just like the original Optimus Prime and Megatron did in Beast Wars

If Twilight were to appear, honestly I can't see it being much different from the projection of her that the Tree of Harmony used in FIM. Like a Force Ghost from Star Wars, providing guidance but never fighting. Might not even be the real Twilight... or it could be, but she'd hold back because she knows Sunny and co. won't grow if she defeats enemies for them.

G5 seems to be distancing itself so much from the Mane 6 (while remaining in the same universe) that there's no need for excessive interference by either living or ghostly G4 characters.

• Brohoof 2

I hope that Twilight and the rest of the Mane 6 remain as historical memories and don't get directly involved in G5. I would hate to see any part of their character get ruined if they were to carry over to the next gen. Not only that, but it's time for those characters to rest.

(edited)
On 2022-01-10 at 8:09 AM, TheGleaner said:

Well the toy seems to lean it one way...

If it was for the official merch, we also would have had at least 3 more alicorns in G4 and didn't happen either and we also had Sunny's dad depicted alive in the blindbag advent calender despite being depicted to play after the movie, yet he is still gone.

Edited by ichigomomomya