Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you think of Tell Your Tale?

CastletonSnob

Tell Your Tale is really becoming a standout, imo. While not every joke is gonna hit, I really appreciate just how the show stays grounded and concentrates on developing the Mane 5. Not to mention the continuity with Make Your Make is extremely appreciated!

• Brohoof 3

• 4 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I *really* feel like Zipp and Pipp are the stars of Tell Your Tale. :eager:

Yup for real! They've gotten the most screen time out of all of them! :laugh:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
37 minutes ago, Savygriffs said:

Yup for real! They've gotten the most screen time out of all of them! :laugh:

It's like Hasbro were upset that Pipp didn't speak enough in the Netflix movie so they decided to give her a Youtube series featuring

Pipps' friends. It should be called "Pipp Petals: Tells Her Tale". :mlp_icwudt:

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 3

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't really enjoy it. It very much reminds me of Pony Life and other modern show for kids like PAW Patrol. Regarding the artstyle, I hated it, it doesn't look appealing to me at all. I found it really boring to watch and the absence of general plot doesn't make it better for me

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I wish that they made the ponies' mouth shapes smaller and their snouts more sculpted like Zipp's. They would have already been improvements even if they still hadn't been drawn or animated like real snouts. The hooves are still an issue because ponies in MLP always had thick legs, and TYT's skinny hooves continue to remind me of deer hooves more than pony hooves. For me, the issues with both the faces and hooves make watching TYT painful to look at for more than its runtime. Also, the backgrounds are pretty, but the character designs really clash against them, like funny permanent marker drawings over nature-themed watercolor paintings.

Edited by Rosy Moonlight

• 4 months later...

There's over three hours if Tell Your Tale now. They've had a lot more hits than misses. :BrightMacContent:

I do wish there was a playlist playing them from beginning to end, rather than them putting out these thirty minute videos that play them in reverse order.

• Brohoof 1

The Pony Hip Hop was my ringtone for a steady two months lol, that slaps idec, but the ending of Sunny Day Dinners makes me genuinely happy, they've had some pretty rough ones, but they've had a lot more that were good than bad imo...

• 3 months later...

I feel like TYT's animation suffers from the costs of MYM's 3D animation. Like, things could've been more cost-effective if MYM was 2D animation and TYT was 3D animation.

Sometimes, I feel like the higher-ups had planned 3D animation to affect the plot writing, giving a reason for G5 to not thrive towards standards similar to those of the previous installments, particularly those of G4.

Edited by Rosy Moonlight