Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you think of Tell Your Tale?

CastletonSnob

I'm gonna say it right now... I like it a lot, love it even. It's a nice little appetizer until the main series, and tbh I think it's better than Pony Life.

I can't wait to see more episodes as they release!!

• Brohoof 6

Only saw the first episode, and it was a pretty decent start I have to say. Easier going than Pony Life's first episode, yet still brisk paced. The character animations are nice and bouncy like G4, but the rest of the art style is going to take some getting used to.

• Brohoof 4

The show's good so far, definitely better than how it could've turned out. Humor's inoffensive at worst, only sighed at one tired running gag in one episode and chuckled at everything else, I love how the characters are made to be funny while still being entirely in character, and the heartwarming moments that gave me a pleasant surprise are a very welcome inclusion. I also find this to be better than Pony Life.

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

I find that the show is slightly better than what I expected.

I think my enjoyment and judgment is still tainted by bitter feelings from my history with MLP:FIM.

But I can learn to forgive myself over and over again when I need to.

It would be quite the surprise if this show covers that lesson.

:twi:

Edited by Rosy Moonlight
  • Brohoof 4

The moral majority weighs in. 

2136650182_MLPTYTEQDPoll.jpg.cef31b96cf0a8e6363f8b31a2ad9fafc.jpg

It's not just a coincidence on this site, it does seem to be generally accepted that this is a good show so far with it garnering less divisive feedback than Pony Life. Many already know that I don't even dislike Pony Life, and I don't just enjoy the improvement in reception, but also the fair assessment by majority rule that this is a "not great, but good" show. 

• Brohoof 5

21 hours ago, Sasoriman said:

Only saw the first episode, and it was a pretty decent start I have to say. Easier going than Pony Life's first episode, yet still brisk paced. The character animations are nice and bouncy like G4, but the rest of the art style is going to take some getting used to.

It's worth watching the other three episodes; some are better than others, but even at their worst, they're at least worth a watch!

• Brohoof 1

I find the series to be slightly better than expected but it continues to feel empty and rushed.

I have some reservations about the character designs of Izzy and Hitch.

I don't like how Izzy looks in TYT.

Her mane in TYT doesn't frame her face like it did in 3D, and her face looks too round to me

She reminds me too much of a ponified Mabel (Gravity Falls).

I don't like how Hitch's chin looks in TYT.

I find it to be too exaggerated. If it was drawn softer, he would look much better. 

After posting my edited version of Izzy's hair, I realized her face already looks better in it.

I guess it really is the hair difference that irks me.

Here is my edited version of 2D Izzy.

Based on this: https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fg5mlp.fandom.com%2Fwiki%2FIzzy_Moonbow&psig=AOvVaw3fsRsQrGpLI8VNNt6gWsH0&ust=1649680336062000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAoQjRxqFwoTCPin_KbAifcCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAK

image.png.a80c3d26f21f71b21c1681c5ff203329.png

Edited by Rosy Moonlight
  • Brohoof 2

I just watched the very first episode out of curiosity, and I haven't seen the movie, yet. So, not much context to be had here.
The pace seems a little frantic, but it is five minutes long. So, hey.
I liked some of the humor. But I am not a fan of the animation style. The legs look strange, and so do their mouths. I guess the latter is done like this because it is easier to animate?
In general. I would say it is alright. Not too great, not too terrible. Which is better than I was expecting.

Even then. It is too soon to form an opinion. We will see if the series grow on me, like the black tree growing within most of the world population. It needs time.

• Brohoof 3

5 hours ago, They call me Loyalty said:

I liked some of the humor. But I am not a fan of the animation style. The legs look strange, and so do their mouths. I guess the latter is done like this because it is easier to animate?
In general. I would say it is alright. Not too great, not too terrible. Which is better than I was expecting.

I strongly suspect that, if we had a poll about TYT's strong points, most of the votes would be split between characterization and humor.  And that, if we had a poll about its weak points, animation style and (to a lesser degree) pacing would be where the votes would go.

• Brohoof 3

I heard the fans were not looking forward to the series. I'm glad everyone who gave it a chance kind of liked it.

I personally like it, but I would be disappointed if this is all G5 was going to be. It's a nice thing to watch in between the feature films.

I did have a chance to watch the first few. Overall, I could not be more middle of the road on this. The thing I enjoyed most was seeing the interactions between the characters.  The animation is not great, but passible... I guess:sealed:. There were some moments that I did find funny especially in the ep Sisters take flight. However, none of the plots were very interesting and really felt like it was aimed at a younger demographic then FIM.

I think going forward it might be something I watch again if YouTube recommends me, it but I don't think I would ever go out of my way to watch it consistently 

• Brohoof 1

Went expecting nothing, but was kind of pleasantly surprised. Nothing great, but cute shorts overall with nice character interactions (And the new voices worked for me).

• Brohoof 1

I think that about sums up my impressions so far, having seen the first six "episodes".  Then again, that's consistent with how I feel about the film, so...I guess it's adequate for what it is?

• Brohoof 1