Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general media Worst business decisions ever.

CastletonSnob

Rare being sold to Microsoft who insisted on making terrible Kinect games that nobody cares about, it was a follow up to the WORST DECISION ever made once being at Microsoft to cancel Banjo X and instead create "Nuts and Bolts" trauma in video game form... If you want to call it that, I honestly don't think they could have made a worse choice... It's not possible, they made the WORST possible game imaginable and cemented the suicide of one of gaming's most iconic franchises, that was and to this day is very successful, they would have sold more copies of Banjo X than all of their crappy Kinect games combines in revenue, they were dumb, they validated themselves in ignorance "oh ppl don't play games like this anymore" LIES, Nuts and Bolts sucks.. ppl don't want to play whatever the hell that was supposed to be, a platform driver with puzzle mechanics and a crappy building feature, and if you want to platform without the crappy toy box car, it takes forever and you can't do anything, terrible game design is terrible.. go back to full Nintendo, we need Microsoft to sell Rare back to Nintendo

Edited by KingCorvus
  • Brohoof 2

Nickelodeon passing on Adventure Time, which would become the cartoon that basically revived Cartoon Network and was one of the best and most influential cartoons of the 2010s.

Nickelodeon also passed on Ed Edd n Eddy, and Phineas and Ferb, which would also become big hits for their competitors.

Nickelodeon could have had Adventure Time, Ed Edd n Eddy, AND Phineas and Ferb, some of the best cartoons of the past 23 years. Now, you can say that those shows might not have been as popular or successful if they were on Nickelodeon, but that doesn't change the fact that Nickelodeon passed on these shows, and they became HUGE hits for their competitors.

And what shows did Nickelodeon pick up instead? Fanboy and Chum-Chum, Breadwinners, Planet Sheen, Bunsen Is a Beast, and Pig Goat Banana Cricket.

• Brohoof 3

Decca Records refusing to sign The Beatles in 1962, citing that "guitar bands are on the way out." Gee, I wonder how that turned out. :Cozy:

Edited by Woohoo
  • Brohoof 2

A real shame too. Gaia online to this day was the best forum site I had ever been on. I posted on there in my teens and there was home for everybody. There were active guilds for just about everything. I had my first random online girlfriend as a teen on that site over a love of Bon Jovi lol. zOMG was addicting and fun to play with others. I remember how happy I was finally beating Papa Saw and affording Alrunas Rose. The customization options were so much fun. It’s a shame what’s happened to it and seeing it so dead now is just sad. I remember I left the site after they got rid of zOMG. That was the final nail in the coffin for me.

• Brohoof 1

Nintendo going with Philips instead of Sony, which just created one of their biggest rivals instead

Xbox One initial reveal. They've made strides righting a lot of those wrongs, but To this day MS is still feeling the effects of that trainwreck

Five-Hundred Ninety Nine US Dollars

Sega shadowdropping the expensive Saturn. Yeah it followed a string of a lot of bad decisions like all of those add ons but this was the one that really did them in

• Brohoof 3
  • Thanks 1

Everyone is spitting facts here

I would say Nickelodeon taking off Harvey Beaks, an amazing and fun show made by the creator of Chowder. I miss is dearly, as do many others, and it's cancellation was undeserved.

• Brohoof 2

@CastletonSnob I remember when Nickelodeon was airing the Adventure Time short before passing on the project. I was so confused with the channel switches.

I'm going to throw in a more personal one. My first step father thought it would be a good idea to invest in the Russian Ruble, shortly after Putin invaded Crimea back in 2014. He figured he'd jump in while the currency's value took a little dip and when the crisis blew over in a couple of months, it return to its normal value and he'd profit. I don't know what the exact value was at the time, but it's never recovered, and doesn't look like it will anytime soon.

21 hours ago, Megas said:

Nintendo going with Philips instead of Sony, which just created one of their biggest rivals instead

Xbox One initial reveal. They've made strides righting a lot of those wrongs, but To this day MS is still feeling the effects of that trainwreck

Five-Hundred Ninety Nine US Dollars

Sega shadowdropping the expensive Saturn. Yeah it followed a string of a lot of bad decisions like all of those add ons but this was the one that really did them in

The Sega Genesis was an all-round perfect console for those 16-bit games, but the CD and 32X machines really wrecked:angry: its awesome looks to turn:yuck: everyone away:dry:  We also got a portable CDX console and the Genesis handheld Nomad system sporting that small screen to bring Genesis games on the go:baconmane: just to kill the Genesis with more luggage:glimmer: and burn out more power than the Game Gear handheld.  Not helping what Sega of Japan did to bury the Genesis console and shove that unnecessary and fully flawed Saturn console down our throats:awed: to embarrass Sega of America's fully respected CEO.  Word is that attaching the 32X to the top of the Nomad handled and turning it on would wreck the small thing:blink:  

Nintendo should have gone with Sony. Speaking from my personal bias, I wish that Microsoft never bought Mojang, and that I also wish that Disney never bought Star Wars. Microsoft and Disney are just horrible.

• Brohoof 1

How's the relationship with Nintendo and Disney?  The Star Wars:  Hunters game has been again delayed to next year.  Isn't the awful relationship with them why there will never be rereleases of the Nintendo GameCube Star Wars:  Rogue Squadron sequels?  

On 2022-08-08 at 10:42 AM, ZiggWheelsManning said:

How's the relationship with Nintendo and Disney?  The Star Wars:  Hunters game has been again delayed to next year.  Isn't the awful relationship with them why there will never be rereleases of the Nintendo GameCube Star Wars:  Rogue Squadron sequels?  

That's all on Disney and whatever developers they're working with. They've been releasing other Star Wars games on the Switch, most recent being KoTOR 2 and The Force Unleashed, though Aspyr is teasing the Rogue Squadron trilogy

I don’t know much nor care about big businesses mistake but I can say for my own case here is not giving me the manger job. The CEO of the company and my manager itself didn’t bother giving me the manager position. When I asks over and over again. I think asked for it like the 5th time now. :dry:  They expected me to sale more to prove them I’m worthy, which I already have been but naaah. I stopped trying eventually.:mellow:

But if we are taking about show, I would say Nickelodeon letting go Invader Zim before it got finished. Big fucking mistake. Then again Invader Zim is too good for them anyway.

• Brohoof 1