Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Filler You've Actually Liked

Castle Bleck

(edited)

Has there been a filler episode/arc you've actually liked?

E.g. - the Cursed Warrior Extermination Mission (Naruto anime) was pretty interesting, IMO.

Edited by Castle Bleck

The Driving episode from DBZ and The Baseball episode from Super need no explanation

Dragon Ball Super Épisode 70 : Revanche au Baseball !

tbf, a lot of Super's filler is actually pretty damn good(also thinking of the episodes when Vegeta takes his family out or when Gohan is working on the Great Saiyaman movie)

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

The memories... I remember watching some of the filler in naruto. But it was too much. Meanwhile, some of my friends switched to the manga. And they eventually finished the series. While I concluded my watch around the end of the pain arch. Which was more or less the logical conclusion before it got to dragon ball levels of ridiculous.

And some years later. I watched one piece, more or less until the brave new world part. I just don't remember the name. It was the time-skip where everyone got buffer and and all the women got implants, apparently. And then my interest kinda faded. But I eventually went back to watch some episodes here and there in the manga. And I avoided all the filler in the anime.

That is about it, I think. The rest of anime I've watched were without filler or I was unable to recognize it. Since most of them are short series. But naruto cured from filler. Not that there is no good filler, and telented people involved. But they are often constrained within the limations of a fixed script, and that hampers their creativity, unfortunately. But I heard there was a filler about kakashi when he was young, that was good.

Edited by They call me Loyalty

Not all of the filler in Naruto was bad, I watched almost all of the original Naruto's filler and actually enjoyed a good chunk of it. Yu-Gi-Oh!'s arc with Dartz is a good example of well-done filler, I definitely found that arc to be something when I was a kid. My favorite example of well-done filler isn't from an anime though, it's actually from an episode of Avatar: The Last Airbender, The Tales of Ba Sing Se. It may be completely skippable...but it's also not, given that it has one of Iroh's most iconic moments in the series. 

• Brohoof 1

Honestly, I quite like the filler episodes, like the one about Goku learning to drive. Maybe because I like the slice-of-life parts and am somewhat disappointed if there is no epilogue to a series.

Then again, I like Lucky Star, which is pretty much what would be considered "filler" in other series without any real plot.

19 hours ago, Castle Bleck said:

Has there been a filler arc/episode/etc. you've actually liked?

I hope this is the "right" answer but I LOVE "The Duck Knight Returns!" from the DuckTales reboot series! :pinkie:

• Brohoof 1

22 hours ago, Castle Bleck said:

Has there been a filler episode/arc you've actually liked?

E.g. - the Cursed Warrior Extermination Mission (Naruto anime) was pretty interesting, IMO.

This I have to ask.  Is it okay if we include filler from video games, music albums, comic books and other forms of media on this topic?  

4 hours ago, ZiggWheelsManning said:

This I have to ask.  Is it okay if we include filler from video games, music albums, comic books and other forms of media on this topic?

It is. That's why I gave it the General Media tag.

• Brohoof 1

On 2023-06-18 at 11:18 PM, CloudMistDragon said:

Not all of the filler in Naruto was bad, I watched almost all of the original Naruto's filler and actually enjoyed a good chunk of it. Yu-Gi-Oh!'s arc with Dartz is a good example of well-done filler, I definitely found that arc to be something when I was a kid. My favorite example of well-done filler isn't from an anime though, it's actually from an episode of Avatar: The Last Airbender, The Tales of Ba Sing Se. It may be completely skippable...but it's also not, given that it has one of Iroh's most iconic moments in the series. 

I really liked The Waking the Dragons arc of Yu-Gi-Oh. Yu-Gi-Oh for the most part had some surprisingly good filler after rewatching the show 2 years ago. I think the only one I had a problem with was the arc with Noah, but that more had to do with the fact that it was smack dab in the middle of the Battle City finals

Also I wouldn't consider Tales of Ba Sing Se filler because the ending is supposed to lead in to the Appa solo episode(but also because you should never skip Tale of Iroh)