Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Last album you've listened to?

SilyGeny

This might be a super biased response because I listen to this album on pretty much the regular, but the last album I listened to was Nirvana Unplugged in New York.

How would you rate it from 1 to 10? 10

What did you think of it? It's pretty much my favorite album. I love it so much and it has made me cry before :P

Your favorite song from it? Pennyroyal Tea...and Where Did You Sleep Last Night

Which track you liked the least/hated the most? Something in the Way. I like the song, but it's a little too slow for me. I really need to be in the right mood in order to enjoy it.

Was it from an artist which you were familiar with? Oh yes. 

Are you looking forward into listening more music from that particular artist? Unfortunately, there isn't new music from them, but I listen to all of their albums constantly :)

• Brohoof 1

Burzum - Hvis Lyset Tar Oss

How would you rate it from 1 to 10?

What did you think of it?

Good album, esp for background ambience.

Your favorite song from it?

Inn i slottet ira droemmen

Which track you liked the least/hated the most?

Nothing really stands out.

Was it from an artist which you were familiar with?

Yes.

Are you looking forward into listening more music from that particular artist?

I suppose so, although he might be going more "folky" in the future.

• Brohoof 1

"All Eyez on Me" by 2Pac.

9/10.

I thought it was great. Even though I liked "Me Against the World" more.

Favorite song?

2 of Amerikaz Most Wanted.

Least favorite song?

Probably California Love (remix), since I prefer the original one, but I'm starting to like it more after listening to it again, it'll probably grow on me.

Was it from an artist you're familiar with?

Yes it was.

Are you looking for listening to more music from that artist?

I sure am, I'm especially looking forward to listening to "The Don Killuminati: The 7 Day Theory". I'm also looking forward to the biopic named after the album I listened to that will be released in November this year.

• Brohoof 1

Panic! At The Disco - Death Of A Bachelor

How would you rate it from 1 to 10? 9!

What did you think of it? Amazing! I love each song. I really enjoy P!ATD's older stuff, too, but I think this is one of their (well, his) best albums yet.

Your favorite song from it? I adore ever song on the album, but, currently, my favourite song is Don't Threaten Me With A Good Time. :)

Which track you liked the least/hated the most? I don't dislike any of them, really, but the ones I've listened to the least are Impossible Year and LA Devotee. I'll say Impossible Year.

Was it from an artist which you were familiar with? Sort of - the first song of P!ATD's I ever listened to was from Death Of A Bachelor, but before hearing the full album I checked out some their older songs..

Are you looking forward into listening more music from that particular artist? Definitely! I love Panic! At The Disco.  :wub:

Edited by Wolves
  • Brohoof 2

CryBaby by Melanie Martinez. <3

THAT ALBUM IS MAD DOPE ISN'T I... uhm sorry

It's one of my all times favorite tbh...

The last album I listened to was Delirium by Ellie Goulding.

I'd give it a 8 out of 10.

I found it to be really good, with really good songs like Army, Love Me Like You Do, The Greatest, and Aftertaste.

I'd say a tie between Love Me Like You Do and Army.

I don't hate any songs from the album, but I'd probably say Two Years Ago.

Yes, I've known about Ellie Goulding since her big hit Lights came to the U.S in 2012.

Yes, I look forward to see what she has planned for her 4th album, and hopefully is just as good, if not better than Delirium, or Halcyon Days.

I really really need to listen to that one! I bought it but never gave it a listen yet...

Now here's my turn again hehe

The last album I gave a listen to was "Paper Gods" by Duran Duran.

I'd give that album a strong and solid 9 out of 10.

I loved loved loved this record, at first I was scared because I had no clue of who the Duran Duran's were, and boy how I regret not giving them a listen before, they have such a old 90's house vibe, it's lovely, fresh and energetic. 

My favorite songs would definitely have to be, Last Night In The City which features Kiesza, at first I was really worried about this one because I felt like Kiesza wouldn't fit on that song, but she actually fitted very well, and the song is a masterpiece, really dancey, the synths are old school and really cute to me. Now my other favorite song is the closing track, which is The Universe Alone. The voice of the lead singer, the instrumentation is actually laid back on some points and then get back to be really uplifting and entertaining. The opera outro though should've been included to the song better, I would've loved to hear some of these voices in the end a little before the end, like in the background during the chorus or something.

None, I really cannot find a song I disliked. They were all actually really good.

Nope, I had no clue of who they were, and I'm glad I found out about them.

Heck yeah, I'm planning on listening to an album they made which is named "Pop Trash", it defines me to the bone so I'm really excited :3

Siamese Dream by The Smashing Pumpkins. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlgTPeLBL-4

I make it a point to listen to this one every now and then. :3

• This album is legendary. A simple rating scale cannot express how much I love this album.

• There are perfect albums out there. This is one of them. 

• Mayonaise. First time I ever heard it, I knew it was my favorite song. The lyrics really speak to me. "I sing a heart to all my dearies / When your life is oh, so dreary / Dream / I'm rumored to the straight and narrow / While the harlots of my perils / Scream / And I fail / But when I can / I will / Try to understand / That when I can / I will" Every time, man. 

• At first, Spaceboy and Silverfuck weren't really popular with me, but they've grown on me. I still don't care for them as much as the rest of the album, but I do like those songs. :3

• m8. r u srs? YES :love: I've been a Smashing Pumpkins for as long as I can remember. <3

• I've actually heard all their albums except Zeitgeist. I may never listen to Zeitgeist. I've heard it was pretty awful, especially for Billy Corgan's work. Personally, I thought Machina was okay. Nothing stellar, but nothing bad by any stretch. Adore is HIGHLY underrated and I think anyone who liked their first three albums should definitely give it a chance. As far as Oceania and Monuments are concerned, they're pretty strong entries, but nothing to race to the record store for. :) If you really just want the strongest Pumpkins work, just stick to Siamese Dream and Mellon Collie. If you want to go that far back, Gish is a strong album too, but even Gish can't touch Siamese Dream or Mellon Collie. c: 

Okay, I'll quit fanboying now. 

1a0895b8b08a03cef892f48264400a8a.jpg

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...
(edited)

The latest album I heard was not an album, it is in fact an E.P. by the band Gorguts that holds a single 33 minutes long piece of pure Avant-Garde Death Metal called Pleiades Dust.

10 outta 10, just Gorguts at it's finest there.

I thought that this song was just another brilliant effort by Luc Lemay. This 33 minutes long piece is the meaning of great musicianship, creative ambiances and also honest but beautiful brutality. I also loved the concept and themes of this track! The lyrics are yet to be available, so I can understand the backstory a bit more, but the sound is already so much immersive that it would be lame to say that this track isn't beautiful concept-wise. This is is why this band is one of the main representatives of our Death Metal scene, here in Quebec.

WELL DUH!? DAT ONE CALLED PLEIADES DUST DAT TAKES THE WHOLE FRIGGIN RELEASE! Seriously though, this track is like a song subdivided by inner-tracks and yet, there is only two inner-tracks that were revealed. Those inner-tracks called Wandering Times and Besieged are all good, but I prefer Wandering Times out of those two revealed ones yet.

NONE

I got familiar with this band back in 2013 during a stream on Twitch.tv. The chat was talking about Death Metal music and a link of the song Obscura was throwned and that is how I kind of heard of them for the first time. I remember about a year ago I decided to listen to their first album called Considered Dead, but after a while my interest kind of went down for them, and that lasted for a while until a gave their major sucess album, Obscura, an honest try. I loved the album and decided to listen to all of their albums, then this year in 2016 I saw the news for this new release which immediatly freakin' made me hype, since Colored Sands, their latest release was super good.

Sure! Luc Lemay's mastermind does not seem to be dead, so he could pretty much pop out another masterpiece outta nowhere, just easy as that :orly:

The whole song/E.P. is available here for streaming:

Edited by Cosmic V0rtex

(edited)

"Operation: Doomsday" By: MF DOOM

9/10.

Loved it!

Favorite song?

Stuck between Doomsday and Rhymes like Dimes

Least favorite song?

The Time We Faced Doom

Was it from an artist you're familiar with?

Yes it was.

Are you looking forward into listening to more music from that artist?

Always! I'm pretty sure I read something about him dropping something with Ghostface Killa

Edited by Mars Orbit

(edited)

Terminal Redux from one of the best modern Thrash Metal band, Vektor

10 OUTTA 10 WOULD LISTEN AGAIN and i'm serious

A Masterpiece that us mere mortals from planet earth will never understand the power of.

Anyways, I did a whole review with a song by song analysis in this blog post: https://mlpforums.com/blog/2455/entry-19940-vektor-terminal-redux-2016-album-review/

So go check it out!

They're all good, so it's though...

But songs like Charging The Void, Psychotropia, Collapse, Recharging The Void comes to mind.

Ultimate Artificer, even if there is nothing bad about it.

I first heard about Vektor back in 2010 when I saw their song Black Future in the recommendations of a Voivod video, and since I thought their logo looked like a lot like the one from Voivod, I decided to gave them a chance, was not pleased at first because of the vocals, then one time I heard Cosmic Vortex out of Outer Isolation in 2011-12, then I absolutely felled in love with the song and then the rest is history.

Hell to the yes, but I hope it does not take 5 years for their next album, because this one surely had an impact on me. Let's hope they do not become the Tool of Thrash Metal.

The band made available the entire album up for streaming earlier:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6_qhP3eWX5N8fH06dMad-H6G13RZ4Wlq

Edited by Cosmic V0rtex

(edited)

I last listened to Star Trek 30 Years - A Tribute.  :twi:

I think i would rate a 2/5.

There are so many Songs that are either stupid or boring and a lot of these Songs dont make any sense.

Also i dont care about Star Trek, so...the Songs just let me cold.  :lol:

Bad.

There are like maybe 4 or 5 Good Songs and the rest is meh.

And a few of this Good Songs have nothing to do with Star Trek !

If the best Songs in your Album have nothing to do with your Album Theme...yeah, thats a failure. :wat:

I think i would say, Dune - Million Miles from Home !  :squee:

Beyond Mirrors from Yellow....eww!!!  :eww:

Its like, a Star Trek Theme, even though its not really the Star Trek Theme, with nothing going on and a Dude is talking about Star Trek...like, hes not even singing.

Might be good for Star Trek Fans, but that is not a Song for me. :nom:

Its a Compilation Album, no Artist has done all Songs.

But i bought it, because i learned from Discogs, that one of my all time favorite Bands, Edelweiss, have a Song on it, so i bought it.  :wub: 

No, because it was just a crappy Compilation Album.  :lol: 

Edited by Supergirl Rarity

• 1 month later...

I recently listened to the Twenty One Pilots album, Blurryface.

Honestly, I would give it an 8.5.

I was amazed by this. I wasn't a big fan of their older stuff. But when I first heard Tear In My Heart on Hits 1 radio, I was shocked. I really like this album, and much more than I thought I would.

I would probably say either Polarize, Tear In My Heart, or Stressed Out.

I would have to say Goner, mainly because its slow to start with and boring.

A bit. I have heard of them a few years ago with their previous album, and I wasn't impressed with them at first.

I have heard of their new single, Heathens for the Suicide Squad soundtrack, and I was disappointed. I hope their next album can hit the height that Blurryface did for me, but we shall see.

• 4 years later...

Just heard Prophecy by Soulfly

Very meh album. I'll give it a 6 out of 10. Maybe like a 6.5 out of 10

Prophecy is an incredible song that starts off the album but after that every song just has, for the most part, very bland lyrics. The instrumentation altogether is amazing, but the overall structure used in the song is just kind of mediocre. Only when those certain instrumental parts come up in the song do you get in the groove. So yea vocals kind of tanks this album, disappointing considering Max is a great vocalist. 

Prophecy

I Believe and Moses

Yes

Yes because I heard their self-titled album which is amazing and prophecy is not considered one of their best usually. 

Edited by Miss

Code:Pandorum - Art Of The Devil

Great album, although more of that C:P typical sound.

I'm really drawn to "Purpose" personally. It's worth a listen if you're into this kind of stuff :3

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...

I listened to Calibre's new shelflife album: Shelflife 8
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kplBvBMGcAB2EevKCCfXJqvEHeB2wBHJA

What did you think of it? 9.5/10

Your favorite song from it? "Chantilly" and "Don't Wonder"

Which track you liked the least/hated the most? "I Don't Care Wot U Say", still good but I didn't find myself coming back to that one much like the others. It's all pretty close though, like 8/10 at the bottom to 10/10 at the top.

Was it from an artist which you were familiar with? Yes yes yes! Love his style.

Are you looking forward into listening more music from that particular artist? I'd be crazy if I weren't

Contradictions Collapse by Meshuggah. 

Before that it was Planetary Duality by The Faceless. 

And before that it was Demanufacture, Obsolete, Archetype & Genexus by Fear Factory. 

In The Wake of Determination by Story of the Year

Before that it was Page Avenue by Story of the Year

Before that it was A Static Lullaby's self titled. 

Before that it was The Reason by Hoobastank

Before that it was The Young & The Hopeless by Good Charlotte 

Before that it was Hail The Apocalypse and Black Waltz by Avatar 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...