Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Last album you've listened to?

SilyGeny

As a music lover I listen to a lot of different albums every week, and I'd love to know what was the last album you guys listened to!

And so:

How would you rate it from 1 to 10?

What did you think of it?

Your favorite song from it?

Which track you liked the least/hated the most?

Was it from an artist which you were familiar with?

Are you looking forward into listening more music from that particular artist?

Let us know !  :P

Edited by SilyGeny
  • Brohoof 1

Secrets by Toni Braxton

10/10 - Loved this album from when I was little. Missed it through my teen and late childhood, and finally my dad brings it back out

Toni Braxton has this elegant voice and this album right here is the definitive love album. If you want great break-up songs about coming back together, look no more. 

Toni Braxton is old school, she is still producing but not as often as she was before. Secrets is by far her best album. 

• Brohoof 3

Once by Nightwish

10, without any hesitation. 

It is most likely my favorite album of all time and I have listed to it many, many times. 

That would be Ghost Love Score.

I love every track on the album but if I had to pick a least favorite, it is Creek Mary''s Blood.

Yup.

Of course. :3 Any and all Nightwish, I am always excited for.

• Brohoof 2

Set to Stun and The Desperado Undead

Rate: 10/10

Favorite song: Doomsday or Dreamcatchers/Bodysnatchers

Least favorite song: Probably... Darkest Night

Familiar with the artist: Oh yeah. Been a fan of them almost since they formed.

Looking forward to new music from them: Hell yes!

• Brohoof 1

Eminem's first album, Infinite. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4s9epKCKbec

I can't get over how chill it is compared to how angry everything following was. The first song (Infinite) is definitely my favourite. Listen and relax.  :proud:      

Edit: Okay, I forgot about all the angry songs after, haha.

Edited by Celestial Sloth
  • Brohoof 1

"This Is Acting" (leaked version) by Sia

I'd give this album a strong 8/10

I liked this album a lot, the songs have kind of a similar style and aspect but overall the songs are really different. Some of the lyrics are really good but there's like two songs which I don't really like that much due to the poor lyrics they have. Since they're more poppy and radio friendly I feel like they were written simply on purpose, but they're still better than most pop songs.

My favorite songs from this album are definitely:

House On Fire, Summer Rain and Sweet Design

The track I liked the least probably was Move Your Body, I love it though, it's a really good catchy kinda song.

I own all Sia's albums so yeah I am familiar with her, nonetheless I had pre ordered the album on iTunes way before before listening to the leak of it.

And heck yes, I'm really hoping she'll have more time in the spotlight as a solo artist.

My favourite album ''bad'' from Michael Jackson.

''How would you rate it from 1 to 10?''- 9/10

''Your favourite song from it?''- Even though it is not perfect, Smooth criminal (And who does not love the lean!)

And yes Michael Jackson is my favourite artist.

Nobody makes music this good any more... :adorkable: 

lean.jpg

• Brohoof 3

Sentinel by d.notive:

Absolute 9/10 greatness;

I think the combination of modern synthwave with that of the 80s is truly ingenious;

My favorite track I guess would have to be Back in the Saddle;

I honestly can't find a track I hate or really dislike in general;

and oh yes, am I familiar with him.  If it weren't for Aviators, I'd probably never bother to listen to this incredibility;

and hell yes, am I looking forward to more from this prodigy!

• Brohoof 1

The last album I listened to was "Death of a Bachelor." By Panic! At The Disco. 

i will give it a 10 because I really liked this one.

It was...interesting to say the least, considering Brendan Urie did the whole album. I'm not complaining. I loved his vocals.

Emperor's new clothes. I also really enjoyed the music video. 

Wow...can't say I hated any of the tracks. 

Yes, I am very familiar with Panic! At The Disco. 

YES!  :wub:  :pinkie:  ^_^  :D  ;)  :lie:

• Brohoof 1

I'll admit that, in this age of digital music, I don't often listen to entire albums.  I have the luxury of being able to pick and choose; dumping precisely what tracks I want into my virtual shopping cart.  Though, technically, the last "album" I listened to was the soundtrack for Yoshi's Woolly World, as uploaded to Youtube. xD  I liked it at least as much as the excellent soundtrack to Kirby's Epic Yarn.

• Brohoof 2

I've been obsessed with the Indie band Foster the People recently. Not usually my type of music but this is an incredible album, I can't find many faults, and the songs are all quality. Their most well known song is Pumped up Kicks, they're really getting popular and I'm looking forward to hopefully seeing them live.

• Brohoof 1

I don't typically listen to whole albums at a time. I put them on my MP3 player and wait for songs to come up in shuffle.

Last time I actually sat down and listened to an album in full was Dream Evil's Dragonslayer though. After hearing them in shuffle I kinda wanted to hear them in proper order since the songs more or less tell a story. It's by far one of my favorite albums where I love every single song on it. It's actually my first album by Dream Evil and though I've heard a few other things I don't remember much of I'm looking forward to getting more.

These are my favorite songs on the album:

I can't say there's a song on the album that I like much less than the others. Maybe Hail to the King but I haven't really given it a good listen yet.

• Brohoof 1

The Nothing album by Meshuggah

-Can't really answer the first four on a first listen. It'll take me another to grasp it. 

-Yes. I wouldn't have if I wasn't even familiar with who they were. 

-I own a bunch of their albums already, so I should. 

• Brohoof 2

Drones by Muse is the last album i listened to

How would you rate it from 1 to 10? 9.5

What did you think of it?I thought Matt bellamy's voice is beyond fantastic and his falsettos in the entire album is beautiful

Your favorite song from it? Dead inside, Reapers or The Handle

Which track you liked the least/hated the most? honestly I had no particular least favorite I thoroughly enjoy the entire album as a whole

Was it from an artist which you were familiar with? I have been listening to muse since I was 14(about 7 years)

Are you looking forward into listening more music from that particular artist? When they come out with new stuff heck yeah!!!

• Brohoof 1

Right now im listening to Soundgarden-A-Sides.

8/10

It's a good compilation and Chris Cornel has such a strong voice

My favorite track is Loud Love

My least favorite track is Jesus Christ Pose

I've been a fan of Soundgarden's music since I was a teen.

Edited by Leave a Whisper
  • Brohoof 3

"Paradise" - The Wood Brothers

7/10

Really good album, but not as good as their previous album "The Muse"

My favorite song from it would be "Singin' to Strangers"

I don't think I can choose a least favorite track.

I love The Wood Brothers. I've seen them in concert twice, and they were some of the best shows I've seen (and I've been to a lot of concerts).

• Brohoof 1

Nigel Good - Nothing Out Here

10, definitely

I liked it. Has i really nice adventure vibe to it.

Probably "The Balance Pt.2" But they are all really good

I dont know

Yes

His newer album "Space Cadet" I also very good. I want more.

Edited by DuskRain
  • Brohoof 1

Last album I listened to was Justice - Cross. I rate it 9/10. This album is simply the best. It has an classic electronic disco funk style, which I love! It was made back in 2007, probably the best times of music, in my opinion. :)

post-36311-0-61397200-1454190211.jpg

• Brohoof 1

"In the Aeroplane Over the Sea" from Neutral Milk Hotel

Rate: 10 out of 10, would rate higher if the scale was higher.

Favorite song: "Holland, 1945"

Least favorite: All the songs are amazing, but I'd have to say "The King of Carrot Flowers, Parts 2 & 3"

Was the artist familiar?: Yes

Looking forward to new music: I wish I could say yes, but, sadly, NMH probably won't be making any new music :(

• Brohoof 2

Last album I listened to Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band by The Beatles (for the 175th time)

How would you rate it from 1 to 10? - 9.2 
What did you think of it? - I've listened to it 175 times.
Your favorite song from it? - "Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite!"
Which track you liked the least/hated the most? - "Getting Better" by default, but it's still good.
Was it from an artist which you were familiar with? - No, I totally had absolutely no idea who the Beatles were until 10 minutes ago.
Are you looking forward into listening more music from that particular artist? - Yes! I can't wait for their next album to come ou-

After their break-up in 1970, they each enjoyed successful musical careers of varying lengths. McCartney and Starr, the surviving members, remain musically active. Lennon was shot and killed in December 1980, and Harrison died of lung cancer in November 2001

....well, shit.

• Brohoof 1

The newest album of Obscura called Akroasis.

• I would rate it 9 or 9.5 out of 10
  • The newest offering by this Technical Death Metal band is absolutely stunning. 50 Minutes of beautiful riffs and fretless bass driven Tech death beauty! The contender for best Death Metal album of 2016 with no follower at this point.
  • Either the 7 minutes blasting oppener called Sermon of the Seven Suns (definitely the song who made me caught interest in this release) or the 15 minutes epic closer called Weltseele
  • I think that would be the song called Ode To The Sun, even that one is pretty neat of a song.
  • I got familiar with this band months ago.
  • HECK FUCKING YES! And it is their third of four concept albums, so the goodness isn't over everybody :ph34r:

The band just released the album today for online streaming at Soundcloud.:

https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/playlists/167310315%3Fsecret_token%3Ds-i12xk&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true

• Brohoof 1