Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Last album you've listened to?

SilyGeny

• 3 months later...

The Marshall Mathers LP by... Eminem, obviously. Wowie I forgot how dark this album is. Not in the production or anything just lyrically, it's a very angry album. Which makes sense considering the context of what Eminem was going through at the time. Part of it is just pure shock value as well in response to how people reacted to the Slim Shady EP. Sort of a "Oh you think that was bad? You're throwing a fit over that? Well here's something even more offensive and vulgar!" thing.

Edited by Iforgotmybrain
EP not LP

• 2 weeks later...

American Idiot by Green Day.

I re-listened to this because Anthony Fantano only gave it a C grade when ranking all of Green Day's albums. Which I thought was ridiculous but I also hadn't listened to it in full in a while so... I wanted to make sure. And yeah putting this at C is a joke, it's one of Green Day's best albums and paved the way for other concept albums like The Black Parade (which is also very very good). It's absolutely a classic. A tier at the very least if not S to me.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

The Mix - Kraftwerk

It’s a 1991 compilation album of hit Kraftwerk songs but with modern takes, The Robots, which is song from The Man-Machine (1978) is probably my favourite compared to the original version, same with the remix of Autobahn which was from their first album also titled as Autobahn (1974).

The Palest Grey by Scarlet's Remains. There were a couple of songs I could see myself tiring of eventually, but overall I really enjoy it. The production is really enticing in my opinion and I love the lead's voice. I do not listen to nearly enough gothic rock!

• 4 weeks later...

I listened to Green Day’s new album, Saviors. It’s decent. Sounds a lot like American Idiot for better or worse. Definitely wish they would’ve tried to deviate a bit more from that usual pop punk sound but honestly given how bad their last album was maybe this what they needed to get back on track. I’d give it a 7/10.

• Brohoof 1

On 1/19/2024 at 9:49 PM, Iforgotmybrain said:

I listened to Green Day’s new album, Saviors. It’s decent. Sounds a lot like American Idiot for better or worse. Definitely wish they would’ve tried to deviate a bit more from that usual pop punk sound but honestly given how bad their last album was maybe this what they needed to get back on track. I’d give it a 7/10.

Yeah I’m thankful Saviors is miles better than Father Of All…. I think I only liked two songs off that whole album. Sugar Youth and Stab You in the Heart. They scared me when they dropped Father Of All….Like what have you done with Green Day. What is this lol. If they do decide to try to deviate again I hope it goes better. 

Saviors is also the last full album I listened to.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...