Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

food Foods you've grown to like?

Frostgage

Was a very picky eater as a kid, and am a very picker to this day. I didn't like spicy food or condiments all that much, but I now love freshly ground black pepper, and a bit of spice to the dishes I consider it to be appropriate, but still nothing too hot or vibrant like a fresh pepper. Ketchup is fine but I rarely use it, and I like a hint of mustard and onion sometimes, and by that I don't mean a little, but as though it was there and then mostly removed, as was the case for many burgers and still is when my order is made wrong.

The only actual "food" food that I can think of learning to like is sourdough bread which I haven't had in months.

At first, I couldn't stand bitter melons in dishes. Nowadays, I've grown to like eating them, if they've been cooked right.

When I was a child, I thought that marinara sauce on pasta was vile. As I got older, I fell in love with it. Nowadays, I rarely eat pasta if it doesn’t have some sort of marination.

2 hours ago, ShadOBabe said:

Brussels sprouts! Turns out they’re actually really good when cooked by someone that knows what they’re doing!

That's WRONG! Brussels sprouts are an evil that must be stamped out....

Um, back on topic. When I was little, I could not eat shrimp. I think mostly because of what they look like. Now, I LOVE the little bug looking things!

15 minutes ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

That's WRONG! Brussels sprouts are an evil that must be stamped out....

Gotta disagree. A little salt, olive oil or maybe bacon grease, caramelized a bit on a baking sheet... mmmm... :toldya:

• Brohoof 1

Most veggies! I hated the taste of them, even when I was a teen. But as I got older and my tastebuds weren't as sensitive, there are a handful of veggies that I love now. I really love capsicum and green beans in particular, they're tasty

I don't like the same foods actually which were eggs, fish and tomatoes but I like tomatoes more now as they don't all taste the same way or maybe as I tried cherry tomatoes eventually enjoying the taste of tomatoes.

• Brohoof 1

I used to think I hated peanut butter but a few years ago I realized I just hate that sugary garbage most people use. If it's made with just peanuts, it's the best thing ever. When I have it on hand I can't stop eating it.

Marinara sauce, because I don’t like tomatoes, but I forced myself to use it on pasta for a while and now I’m okay with it.

Broccoli, because now I know how to cook it the best way. :proud:

Durian and avocado. I used to hate the bitterness taste they have but now I've grown used to them 

when i was younger i couldn't bear the idea of eating tomatoes, but now i love them on ham, cheese and tomato sandwiches

• 1 month later...