Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Foods you like that everyone dislikes?

Fluttershyfan94

I like human. I can't object why it tastes so damn delicious. Although, you have to make sure you have a lean homo-sapien, if you truly want to enjoy your cooked human flavours.

(edited)

Mangoes and sugarcane. No one else in my family will eat them, which confuses me greatly. Members of my family will chew mango flavored gum, but they won't dare partake of the real thing. As for sugarcane: what's not to love? It's a walking stick and a snack.

Edited by Arretez
  • Brohoof 1

Well...all my friends seem to find tomatoes repulsive for some reason, and I like those. As if there were even anything to find repulsive about a fruit as bland as tomatoes!  :huh: 

More generally, I can say extremely hot peppers (or hot sauces/foods based with such peppers) are probably the one thing I eat that nobody else I know can seem to handle. Stuff I find mild will generally send others running to find a glass of milk.

• Brohoof 1

I love sour candies, but hardly anyone else I know loves them. They are really good.

I love black licorice which is definitely something not a lot of people I know like.

I like crabmeat and shrimp, but I'm not sure if that is something a lot of people like. It isn't too unpopular where I live, but it seems to be a common thing to post on this topic.

I like Brussels sprouts.

• Brohoof 2

Mature stilton cheese :D hmmmm nom nom. Only one of my friends likes it as I do. I don't see what's wrong with it. Just a bit of mould lol xD and I also like patr with cranberry sauce and slices of toast :)

A food that I like but everyone else hates, hmmm...

Squid I suppose. Where I live everyone seems to dislike squid. That is something I cannot understand, I mean how could you not love squid?

(edited)

I like hot sauce. Like... a LOT of hot sauce. I like it on Doritos and pizza and tortillas. I don't think there's a whole lot of others out there with the same tastes.

I also like asparagus when it's done right.

I was like "Ew das gross" Then I tried it and im like "Can I has moar?"

>The story of bronies

Edited by Sky Chaser

I'm Australian and I love Vegemite. And then I look online and see that Vegemite is non-consumable to non-Australian people...

Vegemite is more dangerous than a rabid black bear. It's a plague and needs to be destroyed.

Everyone calls me weird, but I loved that bacon milkshake at Denny's. Now I pour stuff like french fries and bacon into my milkshake and it is glorious.

I also think that fried butter is delicious. Only had it once, did not want to die. 

(edited)

Black licorice, either salty or sweet. I love Opal and Salmiakki brands the best. Tofu, beets, pickled stuff (except pickles), and rye products is what else I can think of at the moment.

Edit: I just remembered I love crepes covered in sour cream and topped with black caviar. It's so good when the crepes are buttery and warm, almost pancake like, yet still thin. :wub: I can't live without cottage cheese too.

Edited by Idyll Wisp
  • Brohoof 1

I really like tofu.  I like how it has no natural flavor so you can make it taste however you want. I also like its texture and I think it really does make a good substitute for meat.  I also like sushi which seems to be unpopular with my backwoods family and I love eel the best.

img-1671320-1-188936_316030394954_148540

SPOb3Ri.gif

HOLY MACKERAL THAT THING IS FREAKY!!! DXX

Back on topic, I adore rabbit, and calamari, and powdered hot chocolate mix. Yeah, no water or milk, just the powder. I only eat it in the winter when there's nothing else to eat in the house. Oh, and I love putting a marshmallow or two in the microwave for a few seconds, and then eating it with Club crackers. :D

• Brohoof 1

I'm not Australian, but I love Vegemite. I also like vienna sausages, but I don't eat them very often considering what they're made of. I also love green olives.

Hold onto your horse shoes, but I like...LIVER! Smother it in onions, and some bacon, and it's delicious. When I was little, my mom and I were the only ones who liked it. My dad and brother thought it was disgusting, so we hardly ever had it. 

People have mentioned duck. I've had it a few times. It tends to be very greasy, but if prepared well, is very good!

• Brohoof 3

I am a big fan of fried liver and onions. Few people seem to care for it much anymore. It's really all based on where your're from I guess aha.

I love liver and onions especially if they are deep fried. But I also love shellfish I love it like you cannot imagine i can eat oysters raw fresh crab. I love seafood.

Zomg I didn't even see your post before posting mine XD Fried liver and onions for life man. Odd that I didn't notice your post as it's right above mine lol.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

-Cilantro. I even made a thread once asking people if they liked it and alot of people don't.

-Bell Pepper, mushrooms, and Onion together. delicious.

-I LOVE sushi and uncommon asian foods.

-Crab. Seriously, you guys don't like crab? Its heaven.

-Lengua. If you don't know what that is, its cow tongue. Its delicious and tender when prepared correctly. Lengua tacos with onion, avacado, and cilantro.

Edited by crazitaco

I don't know if I like them necessarily, but I've tried snails (pretty unpopular outside of France as far as I know) and they weren't bad - mostly all you could taste was the garlic butter, then a bit of an aftertaste. The texture is similar to squid (or so I've been told). I'd probably try them again, but only to impress/gross out the other people at the table. XD

• Brohoof 1

I love liver and onions especially if they are deep fried. But I also love shellfish I love it like you cannot imagine i can eat oysters raw fresh crab. I love seafood.

I am a big fan of fried liver and onions. Few people seem to care for it much anymore. It's really all based on where your're from I guess aha.

Zomg I didn't even see your post before posting mine XD Fried liver and onions for life man. Odd that I didn't notice your post as it's right above mine lol.

Hey, I mentioned liver first you know! I love crab too. Steamed clams and mussels are fantastic, too! I'm not overly fond of lobster though. I think crab meat is far more flavorful.

:lol:

• 1 year later...

I absolutely LOVE blue cheese. People ask me how I can like that stuff, since it has such a strong taste. I've grown up eating strong tasting foods, so I guess I'm used to it :P

Edited by SnowyLaces