Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are you looking forward to the Make Your Mark series?

CastletonSnob

I dunno honestly. I enjoyed what I saw of TYT but I haven't been keeping up after episode 5 mostly out of laziness, and the first episode of MYM was....okay, it was average at best. I loved the movie but nothing's really felt like capitalized on the heights of the movie

Edited by Megas
  • Brohoof 4

Yes. The Make Your Mark opener has been sinking in more for me lately, I like it better now. Even if that wasn't the case, I am definitely going to be giving a reportedly more adventure-focused MLP series a fair shot at the very least. 

• Brohoof 3

Surprisingly enough I must actually say, yes. It's not just that I'm desperate for new things pony especially that of which carrying us over into my favorite time of the year, the fall months...(especially October), But in regards to the actual show and the characters in it, I am actually really starting to like them, not nearly as much as our beloved gen.4 roster, but hopefully Make Your Mark will give us so much more to love about ponies I actually think they are trying their hardest to make relatable on a surface level, everyone has these kind of defectives, and they have a really "modern flare" to them... I love Izzy, and I really love Pipps design and songs. I'll get used to Sunny being a special Earth Pony Alicorn eventually, I'm sure they will play that into the story well when the time comes, I do love her design though, it's to bad that the characters VA is changing through out all these different interpretations of the 5th gen though.. anyways, I have high hopes for it, well see next month:ooh:

• Brohoof 3

I am; actually! Both the comics and Tell Your Tale have seriously whetted my appetite for new pony and have done extremely well to keep me engaged in the long term, so yeah, I'm excited and ready. XD

• Brohoof 2

Looking forward for it? More like desperate :scoots:. ANG introduced a new world, but no plans after. We got TYT which is mostly filler, and MYM is taking forever to exploit what they have to offer :scoots:

• Brohoof 1

I am excited for it considering it is the official G5 series. It's a big deal.

I have not loved everything G5 has given us so far. The movie was great, the MyM special was okay but boring, and TyT is awful. I really hope the this series ends up being good.

• Brohoof 4

Absolutely! It's the main event, so to speak. I genuinely hope it's really good, but even if it's just pretty good, at least it'll be a lot more substance (hopefully) and new scenes, jokes, etc. I'm very curious to see if

Spoiler

Discord

makes an appearance due to the comics

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking forward to the potential that the Make your Mark series has, though I am also very skeptical given my current content of G5. Most of what this generation has been in my opinion is in the range from bad to decent, which isn't very promising. In addition to that, the world and characters are very lacking as of now, and don't leave me very interested in their story. However, if MYM is able to be well written, then it could give the generation as a whole some much-needed substance. This first batch of episodes of MYM will be very important for the franchise, because it will likely be the deciding factor for many people on whether this generation is worth any further investment of their time. For that reason, I am interested to see if this series can redeem the lackluster generation. 

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Orchid_Fiore said:

Free hype/fanservice for the old fans, that's the graphic description.

That may be the case, but I doubt I would have given a chance to G5 without it. Now that Twi will actually appear and not be left as cameos in A New Generation makes the investment of time worthwhile 

• Brohoof 1