Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

thegreenpony

Considering her toxic relationship with Opaline I think its only a matter of time before she changes sides, she is just to sympathetic, usually characters like her are redeemed. Now, either she betrays Opaline at a crucial moment or Opaline will throw Misty away first is to be determined. And I'm not sure if she will join the main 5, its not a sure thing the series will keep going after they deal with Opaline and if it does (I think it will) than Misty can become just a side character (so far all the antagonists became background characters later on) instead of joining them as a sixth. 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...
On 2022-09-16 at 9:46 PM, Orchid_Fiore said:

Nooo!, it would be very cliché, hence my biggest fear for this generation! I am REALLY afraid that they will decide to do this typical twist that I dislike because of its exploitation. So I prefer Misty as another villian over a new ally, although, she will most likely be redeemed, sadly.

Honestly I don't care if it's cliché her relationship with Opaline is very abusive it would be best for her to reform and join the mane 5 and by that point it being cliché doesn't even matter any more considering what a toll Opaline is on her mental health.

• Brohoof 1

My prediction is, she will stay evil for as long as possible. Meaning, she will only get redeemed for the final photograph for the final episode's end credits.

Opaline can't work alone. She has no connection to the outside world, and doesn't seem to want to go and hang out with the Mane 5, while Misty is made to be a sidekick for her, it has been proven she can interact with the Mane 5 on an episode basis.

Yes, she will cry on her bed, saying how unfair it is that she won't get her cutie mark. Yes, she will say that Opaline is cold and evil. But that's as far as it goes for her betraying Opaline. That's my prediction, and I hope it is false. I really do. Also, a one sided single cutie mark that no one of the other ponies seem to even care about, what kind of life goal is there to get one???

• Brohoof 2

Based on everything we've seen so far, I'd be surprised if she wasn't reformed. A lot of people already mentioned the lack of another unicorn in the mane cast. She has already shown some regret for trying to steal Sparky, since the Mane 5 have been so friendly to her. The main reason why she's helping Opaline seems to be her lack of a cutie mark – if she ended up getting one in some other way or realizing that's possible, that could easily lead to her reformation.

• Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...

I figure Misty will switch sides at some point, just like the Cutie Mark Crusaders had to get their cutie marks at some point---the setup needs a payoff.

So far, Opaline hasn't been seen outside her castle, and she's sent Misty to do her dirty work each time---the implication is that she can't leave, though one of the video games is bringing that into doubt.  So if Misty left, that would change Opaline's dynamic as a villain quite a bit; she'd need something else that would let her have influence outside of the castle if Misty left her.  But then again, the writers can introduce a new character or set of characters (giving her a new lackey actually seems like it'd be great for narrative, character development, and maybe even merchandising), or they can give Opaline a power boost in-story that lets her no longer need Misty to be a threat.

Heck:  they could have Opaline get desperate enough to invite Nightmare Creatures into her heart, just so she's got a way out of her castle---turning her into as much a victim as Luna was.  It'd be an interesting way to possibly redeem Opaline, having her on the receiving end of abuse, instead.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to Do you think Misty will betray Opaline?
  • 6 months later...