Your most and least favorite EG outfits?

Gaines

There have been a ton of outfits designed for most EG characters, so I wonder... what are the best and worst canon designs? :wacko: In y'all's opinions, or course :mlp_ooh:

Edited by Gaines
  • Brohoof 1

i loooooooove rarity's crystal guardian outfit, i think it's so pretty

full.gif

in terms of least favorite, i just kinda hate celestia's and luna's outfits (i don't really like their equestria girls designs in general though lol)

• Brohoof 5

My favorite outfit design is probably Sunset Shimmer in the shorts that aired before Rainbow Rocks.

6FD01400-BF14-4949-BDB5-A2857F1A3DAE.png

Thats a surprisingly modern look that most of the other characters do not have. Well, maybe Starlight Glimmer did. The jacket is streamlined from the older leather jacket with studs and almost has the same style as Wolverine. The dual layer shirt feels like a sundress and the yellow allows for a pleasant color separation between the top layer and the leggings. Her boots are also more normal than what we have seen before. 

My least favorite is easy. Pinkie Pie second default outfit. 

E9C98732-C955-4A38-BB62-F36EA7CDE5E4.png

So the general outfit is okay for Pinkie. The colors combination and layered shirt fit the character well. The tank top needs some contrast though. What absolutely makes this horrible is the legwear / footwear combination choice. You do not wear tights with wedge platform sandals. Ever! 

• Brohoof 6

My most favorite Equestria Girls designs are Sci-Twi's Crystal Prep Academy uniform, Rarity's Equestria Girls Youtube shorts outfit and

Applejack's archery gear.  I don't think I have a least favorite outfit. 

image.png.7f5df2fa11050eb85d271251edcfc390.pngimage.thumb.png.7c27d7cf5d4887d9790de240caf04fae.pngimage.jpeg.7a7e330bbd0adde46f99ac5c94c8eaee.jpeg

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

Favorites are Sunset and Rainbow's second outfits and Starlight Glimmer

1106309.png

1376172.png

1657499.png

I guess it's because I like pants but they all stood out in a good way from what the girls would normally have in the series

Honorable mentions would be the girl's winter outfits and the "School Spirit" outfits

large.png

1393400.jpg

They wore these once for one minor scene and I still don't know why they never brought them back

Least favorites...I have quite a few. Not a fan of the second transformation outfits from Forgotten Friendship.

2508460.png

Heck During Holidays Unwrapped it comes off like even AJ prefers her original outfits given she imagines her self like a badass with it

2133772.jpg

Not a fan of the cornucopia costumes, though I'm 90% they were meant to look ridiculous

large.png

And lastly, the original outfits just....weren't good

238985.jpg

I think only Twilight's outfit grew on me, but the rest still look not good, especially with the boots

Edited by Megas
  • Brohoof 1

Sunset's outfit from Friendship Games has always been my favourite of her outfits. There's just something about it that I can't explain which draws me to it. It's a shame that it got replaced with other outfits but I suppose it was because of needing those toy sales. A guilty pleasure would be Sunset's swimsuit which is pretty tame despite fanartists taking things to their usual extremes.

Least favourite? The outfits worn by Crystal Prep. I was never a fan of school uniforms. I should know as I used to wear them all the time back in England during my childhood school years. Guess you can call this a bias opinion.

• Brohoof 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 2022-10-08 at 5:27 AM, Ganondorf8 said:

Least favourite? The outfits worn by Crystal Prep. I was never a fan of school uniforms. I should know as I used to wear them all the time back in England during my childhood school years. Guess you can call this a bias opinion.

Oh nuts, I was just about to mention them as among my favourites :rarity:

I also like the modern Sunset Shimmer mentioned above.

• 1 month later...

I like these outfits that AJ wears. They're some of the few outfits that are somewhat suitable for hard work. They put EQG Applejack in skirts a lot, which really irks me because firstly, AJ wouldn't wear a skirt, and secondly, they're not practical for farm life. So I guess my least favorite outfits are AJ's skirt fits.

image_2022-12-20_093837115.png

1534355.png

• Brohoof 1