general media Angela Lansbury passed away at 96

Will Guide

With the recent passing of a star like Angela Lansbury at age 96, who I knew best as Mrs. Potts in the animated Beauty and the Beast and as Miss Price in Bedknobs and Broomsticks, I must ask what would you do to honor her memory and what did you love the best about her work?

For me I'm planning to attend the Beauty and the Beast Sing-along in Epcot with a bit of a little twist and has Angela Lansbury being the narrator in one of her final parts

• Brohoof 1

"Murder She Wrote" is what immediately popped in my head, even though I maybe have only seen an episode or two in my life.

On 2022-10-14 at 11:11 AM, Will Guide said:

With the recent passing of a star like Angela Lansbury at age 96, who I knew best as Mrs. Potts in the animated Beauty and the Beast and as Miss Price in Bedknobs and Broomsticks, I must ask what would you do to honor her memory and what did you love the best about her work?

I didn't know she voiced the teapot. I haven't seen that movie in over 20 years, but still remember the voice.

• 3 weeks later...

I watched The Manchurian Candidate (1962 as a tribute). I had never seen it and heard that she delivered one of her best performances in it, so I gave it a look. She was the best thing about the whole movie. I was saving Beauty and the Beast for viewing on Halloween, as is my custom; otherwise I would have watched that as tribute.