Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

resolved Brohoofs for level up?

Shiny Silvermoon
Go to solution Solved by Splashee,

Greetings, everypony! I hope you are all having a wonderful day! :Rara:

It's not a big deal but I've realized that was rarely using brohoofs when reacting to a post! I'm mostly using hugs and from what I saw, it's the case of many ponies here. Misfortunately, it causes level up to be extra long to achieve since you can get ranks only with brohoofs on your posts. I don't really care about ranks to be honest but I wanted to start up a discussion! Also, don't change anything about it! I love this website the way it is! :bedeyes:

So what do you think about it? Feel free to express yourself on the topic! :)

Edited by The Wife of Law
  • Brohoof 3

Did something change with how ranks work? :mlp_huh: I thought brohooves don't affect your rank, only your post number does. But then I saw people with one or two posts who are already muffins, and now I'm not sure.

• Brohoof 2

@Shiny Silvermoon

Your thread has been moved to Site Questions.

7 hours ago, Shiny Silvermoon said:

Misfortunately, it causes level up to be extra long to achieve since you can get ranks only with brohoofs on your posts.

The rank you see on the side of your posts is not connected to brohoofs, but instead connected to a points system. One way to get a point is to post a reply in any of the sections where your post count is increased. You should be able to see how many points you have left until your next rank by looking in the top right drop down menu.

As for brohoofs, what can I say? All forums have these reputation systems. YouTube has the Thumbs Up which is similar. Like, share and subscribe = Brohoof, share and follow/befriend.

• Brohoof 2

@Shiny Silvermoon

Like Splashee explained, your rank is not determined by the number of reactions you give/receive.
Your rank is decided by how many posts you have made.

Here is a list of all of the ranks achievable by users:

0-4 posts = Blank flank

5 posts = Muffin

40 posts = Cupcake

100 posts = Parasprite

200 posts = Butterfly

300 posts = Squirrel

400 posts = Bunny

600 posts = Bird

750 = Kirin

800 posts = Phoenix

1,000 posts = Dragon

1,200 posts = Changeling

1,500 posts = Reformed changeling

1,750 posts = Sea pony

2,000 posts = Zebra

2,500 posts = Griffin

3,000 posts = Yak

4,000 posts = Earth Pony

5,000 posts = Bat pony

6,000 posts = Crystal Pony

7,000 posts = Pegasus

8,000 posts = Unicorn

10,000 posts = Elements of Harmony

You can view your post count whenever you’d like by visiting your own profile and looking in the top right corner under the POSTS text:

30126E7C-94A6-4DFF-9960-E80999E6AD66.jpeg

Please note that, in order to actually increase your post count, you have to stick to posting in areas that actually do so. Areas that do not do this display a GREEN TEXT:

04F57C31-232C-448B-9463-E5B964345120.png

Edited by The Wife of Law
  • Brohoof 1

Yep, reactions don't have any impact on user ranks, but I'd also like to mention, that with the recent forum upgrades, user rank is no longer strictly based on post count, but rather, the new points system:darling:

You gain those points by posting in areas, where post count increases, so in theory, the functionality of the post count is retained, but for various reasons these two values may desynchronize at some point and I can already tell you, that you have more points than what your post count shows. ;)

Therefore, the only reliable information regarding your points is displayed in the account drop-down menu in the upper right corner like @Splashee mentioned.

Also, let me mention, that hugs do increase reputation (reputation - not to be confused with points) at the moment, just like brohooves, so make sure to hug everyone! :D 

Now that I look at it, the book also needs to be updated ;-;

Book of Ranks.png

• Brohoof 2

• The topic was locked

It’s not post it’s points. This is a massive distinction because some things that never caused you to rank up now do 

• Brohoof 1