Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Post Your Desktop

SPLinux

SMF is still nice, albeit not as streamlined. Although me and my co-admin done quite a bit of work to fix that. :)

But yeah, if I had extra money outside of hosting bills, I'd definitely jump on the IPB bandwagon. xD

But I appear to be derailing this topic, sorry about that. O:

On-topic:

Anypony else got some pretty desktops to share? :D

When it comes to my desktop, I personally have a bit of OCD. I refuse to use icons because they look terrible and I downloaded an app to completely get rid of that disgusting task-bar. Anyway, here's my current desktop:

Posted Image

As you can tell by the date, the screenshot was taken a long time ago. I don't change my desktop often at all because whenever I do it's a huge process for me to get everything looking a way that I'm satisfied with.

• Brohoof 3

When it comes to my desktop, I personally have a bit of OCD. I refuse to use icons because they look terrible and I downloaded an app to completely get rid of that disgusting task-bar.

I killed the picture to save room, but that is really, really nice looking.

Just use our attachment system. It's easier, faster, and better for the forum than a free image host.

I noticed it says we have "unlimited" space. How is this possible? Doesn't it use up space on the server when we upload pics?

I noticed it says we have "unlimited" space. How is this possible? Doesn't it use up space on the server when we upload pics?

You're right - the space isn't actually unlimited. There's no such thing as an unlimited hard drive, and my server most certainly doesn't have one.

But I do have *enough* space on my server that I feel comfortable not limiting everyone's usage of it. The benefits of using attachments far outweigh the one downside of them taking space up - pages will load faster, fewer DNS lookups have to be made, images will be thumbnailed properly, the system is 100% integrated into the forums and allows for 10 uploads at a time, and the image won't randomly get deleted from imgur someday and leave a broken square in the middle of the page. This is why you you must use attachments to have more than 10 images in a post.

Attachments can be viewed and downloaded by guests, so if you post a whole lot of awesome, you're free to send the link to your post around and people will be able to download the attachments without registering. So, using attachments could also help to boost the forum's popularity if you choose to host your artwork here.

Of course, my server's hard drives do have a limit. We're quite far away from it, though, so I don't want anyone to feel "boxed in" with the attachment system (some time ago, someone on my Wii U forum uploaded about 150 MB of images to a single post - that's totally cool). The only time I might introduce a limit is if I find members repeatedly abusing it (using it as a file dump to share 8 GB games, for instance - this isn't MediaFire).

• Brohoof 4

Oh I do LOVE these kind of threads~

Gives me a chance to show off my Wallpapers~

Here's the Main Computer that I use.

I also have a secondary computer with 3 monitors to my Direct Left but I'm not taking a screen cap of that atm CBA

post-23-0-45566600-1317791123_thumb.png

• Brohoof 1

Here's mine. I have a tendency to leave everything open.

Eh. I've got a bad habit of doing the same thing, especially since I leave my computer running all the time.

Currently at twenty seven windows open... I stopped counting browser tabs when I hit fifty.

Thank God for 64bit operating systems, and the ridiculous amount of RAM they allow.

• Brohoof 3

djrgjst

Nah Dual monitors help organize things

Here's what it looks like with them all open/Visable

plus... Y'know.. 3 other monitors to my left with as many windows up as these two

post-23-0-88465100-1317792915_thumb.png

• Brohoof 1

How are you able to have so many things open at once? Don't you feel like cleaning up what you have open?

I tend to jump back and forth between things a lot, though I will admit that on more than one occasion I've noticed that I've left a chat window or two open that I haven't typed a single word into in over a week.

And yeah, multiple monitors helps quite a bit, though I reserve my secondary primarily for IRC.

• Brohoof 1