Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

S02:EP1 - Icy Prints

DivineMist1000

There's no Comet. This season is already terrible! :Angry-zip:

Actually, with that joke out of the way, I think that this is a pretty good example of how you start a season. The animation looks more polished, they're already setting up a threat, and the new Mane 6 emphasizing who they were through poetry was cool. I also love how everyone's going nuts over the Violette Rainbow cameo while I'm just sitting here like...

...Eh, I prefer the Onyx cameo. OnyxEmoteForum.png.8b6a419e60e062fe0df4228c669d5bda.png

• Brohoof 3
  • Delighted Giggle 1
  • smile 1
  • Hugs 1

1 minute ago, Misty Shadow said:

There's no Comet. This season is already terrible! :Angry-zip:

Actually, with that joke out of the way, I think that this is a pretty good example of how you start a season. The animation looks more polished, they're already setting up a threat, and the new Mane 6 emphasizing who they were through poetry was cool. I also love how everyone's going nuts over the Violette Rainbow cameo while I'm just sitting here like...

...Eh, I prefer the Onyx cameo. OnyxEmoteForum.png.8b6a419e60e062fe0df4228c669d5bda.png

I loved it,personally I'd love if MYM could continue its role as the main series whilst TYT fills in the gaps,but I wouldn't mind if tyt became the Main series,idk if I'm a bit picky but I feel like Izzys design has room for improvement,especially the mane but either way I loved this new start

• Brohoof 3
  • Hugs 1

They're back and it only took a few weeks! YAY! :PIPPIPHURRAY: I loved that their poem finally told me what their cutie marks mean! :D

7 hours ago, Misty Shadow said:

I did, too. :nom:

• Brohoof 3
  • Hugs 1

A really good season opener and I’m so surprised that it’s back so soon! Loved the new song to go along with the episode! :izzy-shine:

The New 6 explaining their cutie marks was really nice too and a good way to introduce themselves to those who are starting from this episode! :PIPPIPHURRAY:

Allura is back and I’m certain she’ll be the next big threat, but it looks like Sunny is already trying to find out ways to redeem her… We’ll see how that goes. :coolandhip:

Let’s start this new season off good and let’s have even more awesome episodes!

• Brohoof 2

Not a bad start to the season, though it does also highlight the shortcomings of TYT, particularly length.  The episode is paced as well as one can hope, I think, but five minutes just isn't enough time for a first encounter with Allura in Equestria to not feel rushed.  The opening song isn't bad, but as usual, it's done as a background song rather than a character moment, which really limits its memorability.  I guess the characters all reciting lines about what their cutie marks mean is so kids who haven't seen previous episodes can understand the characters, but it just feels awkward and forced.

Otherwise though, the first episode of the season is alright.  I wonder if Zipp will be the mane character again now that Misty's arc is over?  Perhaps she will take back my number one spot by virtue of once again becoming the most interesting of the crew, but I guess we will have to wait and see.  I also wonder what Comet's role will be?  Will he be a minor NPC, or as the case was with Misty, be prepped over time to become a new permanent mane cast member?  Only time will tell.  

• Brohoof 2

On 2024-01-12 at 3:17 PM, Rising Dusk said:

Hm, new elements?  Hope, Creativity, Heart, Bravery, Kindness and Confidence? :ooh:

So it seems! Just a slight retcon from Season 1 and Make Your Mark

Very strong opener. I really liked this episode for sure. I can tell they improved the animation so I am a lot happier with how TYT will turn out, just wish they made the episodes longer. I wonder what Allura will do now. Will they manage to redeem her? Or will she go down fighting? Time will tell. 

• Brohoof 2
  • Hugs 1

I was off these days and I only found out now that the season started, I have nothing to say that others have already said, I liked it, I thought it was really cool but also funny how just in this single episode the MLP theme was used with a stronger and awesome presence than in the entire first season lol, I'm glad they kept Benjamin Pinkerton, guy's still doing a good job. Here all the voice actors were changed and the general quality of the dub seems to have declined for me.

• Brohoof 1