Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My Little Pony: Set Your Sail (IDW)

Otaku-sempai

(edited)

Cover B (by artist JustaSuta) has been revealed for the first issue of My Little Pony: Set Your Sail. Little else is known about the comic yet, though it is likely to be the next miniseries following Kenbucky Roller Derby. Pictured is Izzy Moonbow as a Seapony. 

82771403286400121.jpg

Maybe this connects to the route that seems to lead to Seaponies on the magical map to the Isle of Scaly! What do you think? Will the Mane 6 be visiting the undersea kingdom of Sequestria? Or maybe Aquastria or Coltlantis? Seaponies, Mermares and Kelpies, oh my! 

Edited by Otaku-sempai
  • Brohoof 2

MLP will never be done with "Shoo Be Doo!". :jazz-hooves-please:

I like how they're keeping up with this "X Your X" title tradition and hope that they can do something really cool involving the main characters exploring more of the world as seaponies. 

(edited)

Equestria Daily has details for MLP Set Your Sail #1:

2.JPG

Artist: Amy Mebberson
Writer:Megan Brown and Casey Gilly
Synopsis: Set your sail for the Seven Seas because the Seaponies are swimming into comics for the first time ever! See the Mane Six totally transformed. Pestering the queen into sending messages in bottles to the fabled Seapony kingdoms is just one of the many perks to having royal besties…which is exactly what Izzy has been doing ever since first reading about mythical Seaponies in Sunny's old history book. So when Queen Haven hears back from the Queen of the Sparkling Seas, Izzy is eager to dive into the adventure of a lifetime. Pipp, on the other hoof, is not excited about her princess duties or having to reschedule a new song release (plus, saltwater totally ruins her shiny mane). The voyage should be smooth sailing, but the tides are changing, a storm is brewing, and Izzy and Pipp are swimming right into it… Additional Covers Offered: B (JustaSuta)

1.JPG

Thanks to Sethisto!

In Shops: Apr 10, 2024

SRP: $3.99

Edited by Otaku-sempai

(edited)

Wait..."Queen of the Sparkling Seas"? That points pretty stongly to the picture book My Little Pony: Under the Sparkling Sea by Mary Jane Begin. That would place the undersea kingdom as Aquastria, ruled in Twilight's time by a King Leo, said in the story to be Celestia's cousin. The Queen might be Leo's wife (widow?) or a descendant!

My Little Pony: under the Sparkling Sea 9780316245593 Used / Pre-owned - image 1 of 1

Edited by Otaku-sempai
  • smile 1

• 1 month later...

My Little Pony: Set Your Sail #2 Revealed! - Synopsis, Covers, Writer

by Sethisto

2.JPG

My Little Pony: Set Your Sail #2

Artist: Amy Mebberson

Writer: Megan Brown, Casey Gilly

Release Date: May 2024

Synopsis: Pipp was totally salty about being sent to the seven seas for princess duties, so when Zipp receives an oddly chipper message from her sister, Zipp is more suspicious than a clownfish in a clamshell. She takes matters into her own hooves—er, fins and travels to the Sparkling Sea where she meets Princess Anemone. The sea princess' odd behavior and Pipp's absence make Zipp wonder if she can trust the seaponies and if their sparkles are only scale-deep. Additional Covers Offered: B (JustaSuta)

• 1 month later...

MY LITTLE PONY SET YOUR SAIL #3 CVR A GANUCHEAU

82771403306900311.jpg

IDW

APR241128

(W) Megan Brown (A) Amy Mebberson (CA) Paulina Ganucheau

Ah, another beautiful day in the Sparkling Sea-krrzzhh- Ahoy there, squids and scoundrels! Pull up a clamshell and listen to our tale of captured princ-krrzzhh-Ahem, sorry about that, everypony. It seems our solicit was interrupted by some sort of pirate radio signal... Whoever that was definitely wasn't going to say anything about a captured princess. Nope. Everything is toootally fine under the Sparkling Sea. Princess Pipp Petals is on a super-standard diplomatic mission, and any meddling princess sisters do not need to worry about her whereabouts or the crumbling coral around the palace. Please enjoy this completely not suspicious comic!

In Shops: Jul 03, 2024

SRP: $3.99

Variant Cover: 

82771403306900321.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Going into the issue, I did not expect tricky shenanigans so soon. at least not until the suspicious "invitation" was revealed! It was interesting that the comic is clearly set after the "Blockywokys" special. IDW seems to have been given the inside scoop on the special. It's too bad that we don't get to meet Queen Calla Lily right away, though she does seem to be featured on Amy Mebberson's alternate cover. 

Can we name all of the Seven Seas? We have the Celestial Sea and the Luna Ocean. From there: 

- The Sparkling Sea (My Little Pony Annual 2013My Little Pony: Under the Sparkling Sea; and Set Your Sail, issue #1)

- The Fillypine Sea (Daring Do and the Marked Thief of Marapore)

- The Crystal Sea (Friendship is Magic, issue #98)

- The Singing Sea (Tails of Equestria: Melody of the Waves)

- The Jade Sea (Tell Your Tale Special, "The Blockywokys")

- The Shining Sea (Set Your Sail, issue #1)