New Official IDW Comic: My Little Pony: A New Generation! Return to Canterlot!

eventyraren

I love how they look!

And I'm interested to see what happens, based on that synposis!

Spoiler

I knew Canterlot still existed! But does that mean the show won't go back there?

Edited by Toastypk
  • Brohoof 1

They've already announced G5 comics? Right on! :squee: Now Season 10's abrupt ending is somewhat more justified. :Tempest:

Also chuckling at poor Hitch getting squished in that art, but it's at least amusing. I also love the idea of them exploring parts of the G4 world, I just hope we don't have anywhere near as much confusion with continuity between the comics and the show like we had with G4

• Brohoof 2

Makes sense that they would announce this given that G4 is pretty much over at this point. I also suspect they're going to start over with Issue #1 of this new series as opposed to continuing on the number convention of the previous one. This means starting at Issue #103.

• Brohoof 3

Hate to be that guy, but given how the recent Generations mini-series was handled and how it treated something as huge as bringing two generations of MLP together(spoiler alert: it was very bad), I'm having very low expectations for this. But I'd love to be wrong

• Brohoof 1

14 hours ago, CloudMistDragon said:

Also chuckling at poor Hitch getting squished in that art, but it's at least amusing. 

I don’t know, I’d love being squished like that by cute ladies :bedeyes:

• Brohoof 1

Canterlot; you say? So, an actual city still in use, abandoned, or in ruins? Color me intrigued! :D

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)

I didn't think that there would be any more MLP IDW comics after generations was finished, so this was a surprise to hear. The synopsis doesn't seem too out of the ordinary, but the possibility of Canterlot making an appearance is very interesting. It makes me wonder what other G4 locations will be visited throughout G5 and what they are like now. That being said, my expectations aren't very high due to the terrible "Season 10" comics that came out after the series ended and ended up souring my opinion on MLP IDW comics as a whole. Hopefully these comics can surprise me in a good way.

Edited by Landi
  • Brohoof 1

What kind of makes me skeptical of this, is how the IDW comics didn't seem to really in continuity with the G-4 show:  King Sombra had a completely different comeback and resolution in the comics than he did in Season 9 of the show---the two stories were completely contradictory.  So even if they give us hints or even outright answers to what happened to old Equestria, there's a chance that the show's writers won't care about it and will contradict it.

With that context in mind, I kind of predict that, in the IDW Comic, we'll get few answers and more questions---IF they do it right

If they want to be cheap about it, then it'll turn out at the end of the story that they never made it to Canterlot at all at any point, and the title will be a deceptive cop-out to sell copies to lore nerds like me who want to know what's going on!

Heya, added more to your original post. Make sure you add a little something of your own rather than just have people rely on the title. Thanks! :)

This looks like a really great read! It may even give insight on what happened before the movie!

• Brohoof 1

Interesting! I wonder if Canterlot is still inhabited by ponies or some other creatures, or perhaps even abandoned entirely? :huh: Could be like a legendary 'lost' city that no one has seen fit to reclaim. A city frozen in time from a by-gone age. Would be pretty neat to see them explore familiar settings in a dilapidated state.

• Brohoof 1