Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who do you think is the most hated character?

DiscordPerson

10 hours ago, DiscordPerson said:

There are lots of options! This character may be forgotten but I think she is the worst. Presenting...

Zesty Gourmand. She's just annoying!

Screenshot 2024-01-25 220548.png

I like her. The one who I don't like at all is Sparky in G5

On 2024-01-26 at 5:44 PM, DiscordPerson said:

How do you like ZESTY GOURMAND. There are just snob alerts going off of her from all sides.:zipp-wut:

I like her because I like almost all mares. Mares are cute!

• 2 weeks later...

I HATE Lightning Dust from FIM with a burning passion. She was self-centered, arrogant and cocky, but not in a lovable way like Rainbow Dash-I mean cocky in an annoying way. And she didn't care about getting her fellow cadets hurt in order to be the best, which seemed to her to be the most important thing ever above anypony else's well-being.

• Brohoof 1

Regarding FiM, either Flash Sentry or Twilight Sparkle. I love Twilight but I've seen more hate for these two characters than any other character, perhaps I'm just not deep enough in the community to see more character hate yet.

Hi @DiscordPerson :)

I've moved your thread over to FiM Canon Discussion. The Pony Life section is solely for discussion about the spin-off with the same name. Thanks!

Of the characters that are something more than an episodic character(like sven or zephyr) which people would remember for more than the duration of said episode + 1 week, i'd probably say flurry heart. Shame as it is by no fault of the character itself.

On 2024-01-29 at 11:02 PM, Octavia Heartstrings said:

Out of all the characters from the franchise... probably Sludge from "Father Knows Beast". I don't know a single person who likes him or the episode he was in.

I like that episode. Not 5/5 but a solid 4/5 with almost 4.5/5 towards the end(around where ember comes in). It drags out in the middle a bit but that's honestly common. So now you do.

I'm curious, why is Flurry Heart hated? She's cute and acts just like any other baby character from any audiovisual production for me, is that the reason for the hate? Google didn't gave me consistent results.

45 minutes ago, Rafa Stary said:

I'm curious, why is Flurry Heart hated? She's cute and acts just like any other baby character from any audiovisual production for me, is that the reason for the hate? Google didn't gave me consistent results.

Hm....it may be because she's not a major character in the series and doesn't appear later on in the series as an adult, so she doesn't really do anything. I don't know; that's just a guess. She doesn't show up in the series at all except as a baby, and as an adult later she doesn't show up at all. However since she was an alicorn I suspect that as to G5 she and Cadence might still be alive.

On 2024-01-26 at 11:45 AM, Props Valroa said:

I like her. The one who I don't like at all is Sparky in G5

Why? He's so cute! :wub:

On 2024-01-29 at 4:02 PM, Octavia Heartstrings said:

Out of all the characters from the franchise... probably Sludge from "Father Knows Beast". I don't know a single person who likes him or the episode he was in.

Yeah I didn't like him either. He was really self-centered. I think he was a character that you were meant to hate, though. Certainly wasn't a good role model for Spike.

• Brohoof 1

Most hated in the community would definitely be Flurry. As for me... I don't really hate anypony. I didn't like Cozy Glow very much but that's mostly just cause she was really under written.

7 hours ago, Rafa Stary said:

I think (one of) the main reason(s) is because the sheer existence of an alicorn who was born that way really screws with the lore and kind of cheapens Twilight's transformation arc. At least, that's why I dislike her, and I've seen other people say the same thing. Though I will say, with how little she appears, some of the wrath is kind of over-the-top XP

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
11 hours ago, Nightlight1313 said:

Most hated in the community would definitely be Flurry. As for me... I don't really hate anypony. I didn't like Cozy Glow very much but that's mostly just cause she was really under written.

I think (one of) the main reason(s) is because the sheer existence of an alicorn who was born that way really screws with the lore and kind of cheapens Twilight's transformation arc. At least, that's why I dislike her, and I've seen other people say the same thing. Though I will say, with how little she appears, some of the wrath is kind of over-the-top XP

Yeah, that makes sense. Still feel kind of sorry for her in that regard though. Cozy Glow I REALLY hate by the way. She was so self-centered, and she'd manipulate others to get her way. She was pure evil, although as a villain she wasn't a very good one. One of the things I hated about Cozy Glow was how she would use her child innocence and cute looks to manipulate the adult ponies. 

Edited by Princess Sunny
  • Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Princess Sunny said:

Yeah, that makes sense. Still feel kind of sorry for her in that regard though. Cozy Glow I REALLY hate by the way. She was so self-centered, and she'd manipulate others to get her way. She was pure evil, although as a villain she wasn't a very good one. One of the things I hated about Cozy Glow was how she would use her child innocence and cute looks to manipulate the adult ponies. 

I wanted a reason for why she was what she was. I imagine she was an abused filly without anyone who loved her, and developed this manner of thinking because she was never raised properly. I hope one day she can be reformed, because after all, she is just a filly, a very bad one - but all problems come from somewhere.

Why? He's so cute! :wub:

I just don't like him. I find him annoying, personally. To me the show's worst part is Sparky and the awful dragon designs. Remove those two bits and I personally think G5 would be a lot better. 

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Props Valroa said:

I wanted a reason for why she was what she was. I imagine she was an abused filly without anyone who loved her, and developed this manner of thinking because she was never raised properly. I hope one day she can be reformed, because after all, she is just a filly, a very bad one - but all problems come from somewhere.

Perhaps a topic that's a little bit too complex/involved for kids to really relate to/be interested in. On the other it leaves room for theories which i think is it's own kind of engagement.

I don't watch the series myself, though I have been seeing a lot of people hating on Flurry Heart, Because of three things:

1.  Her physical design doesn't look that great/ is "ugly"
  2. Her character design overall is pretty bad
  3. It didn't make sense for her to be born an Alicorn since every other alicorn had to earn that ability

I don't have anything against Flurry (she's literally a fucking baby), and I have heard that there is a difference between an Alicorn and a Unicorn-Pegasus Hybrid, either that or it could be from Candance's genes (since she's an alicorn), but I can see why a lot of people didn't really like her.

A lot of people also pointed out how other babies in the show didn't look like that, though those are background ponies, so not sure if it counts :P

But at the end of the day pink baby pony go brrrr :>

what-would-flurry-heart-be-the-princess-

• Brohoof 1
  • Leaves 1

5 hours ago, Props Valroa said:

Granted, I may be being a little too harsh on her since that could be the case. Or maybe her parents were evil too and taught her to be that way. I guess it really doesn't matter; she still got the punishment she deserved.