Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Thoughts on a Re-Release of the G5 Movie

Misty Shadow

According to a release schedule for upcoming projects being shown by Universal Pictures, My Little Pony: A New Generation will be re-released. 

aHR0cHM6Ly9wYnMudHdpbWcuY29tL21lZGlhL0dJVWxJc2ZYUUFZelJJND9mb3JtYXQ9anBnJm5hbWU9bGFyZ2U

Would you see the movie again in theaters? Although I'm quite displeased with what has come out about the original voice actor for Hitch lately (the details will not be disclosed or discussed in this thread for obvious reasons, the information about the unfortunate recent revelation about James Marsden is readily available online if you wish to know) and would be in support of a redubbing despite the unlikelihood of that happening, I'd like to watch the movie on the big screen as someone who was disappointed back in the day at not being able to watch it in theaters. 

• Brohoof 3

I could do it and get all concessions if available. I used to settle for at least one per series back when the G4 movie was released, instead of collecting everything (I was short on money back then). I MIGHT consider watching ANG in theaters. 

I’m just curious on why they are planning it at this point. It could be their sought chance to gain audience for G5. I hope it gets successful 

• Brohoof 1

13 hours ago, Misty Shadow said:

According to a release schedule for upcoming projects being shown by Universal Pictures, My Little Pony: A New Generation will be re-released. 

aHR0cHM6Ly9wYnMudHdpbWcuY29tL21lZGlhL0dJVWxJc2ZYUUFZelJJND9mb3JtYXQ9anBnJm5hbWU9bGFyZ2U

Would you see the movie again in theaters? Although I'm quite displeased with what has come out about the original voice actor for Hitch lately (the details will not be disclosed or discussed in this thread for obvious reasons, the information about the unfortunate recent revelation about James Marsden is readily available online if you wish to know) and would be in support of a redubbing despite the unlikelihood of that happening, I'd like to watch the movie on the big screen as someone who was disappointed back in the day at not being able to watch it in theaters. 

one of the best MLP movies of all the gens in the cinemas? 

2886205.jpg

I hadn't heard about the drama with James - he gave a character reference alongside numerous others in a trial it seems. Not that something like that would affect my appreciation of an artist's work generally (most of the historical folk we like also had different values to us after all), giving such a reference might just mean he believed the guy's story. Abusers take a lot of people in - friends massively included. (Just like a lot of people still root for Depp). I am totally not going to look up any more of this drama though... maybe.

• Brohoof 2

I might not watch it again, it's very good but right now I'm not into many movies yet. Also I'm assuming that list of animated release schedule is organized from earliest released movie to latest, and MLP Movie is bottom of the list. :(

It stops at 2026 and just goes into the "to be announced" category after that.