Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

S02:EP10 - Buried in a Good Book

DivineMist1000

• The title was changed to S02:EP10 - Buried in a Good Book

This was a really good episode with lots of funny moments too. It’s good to have Misty in the spotlight again and I liked the idea of this book world and the ponies doing these challenges.

I loved the “book pony’s” bored tone like she’s done this many times and it was pretty hilarious too.

Sunny completely obliterating that gingerbread house with her Alicorn abilities was so cool and Pipp making short work of the floor traps.

Also, am I the only one that thought that the big monster at the end looked like he had King Sombra’s hair style and horn?

This was a really good episode and I love when they visit new and interesting locations like the book world.

• Brohoof 4

2 hours ago, DivineMist1000 said:

Also, am I the only one that thought that the big monster at the end looked like he had King Sombra’s hair style and horn?

Not just you, lol. :PIPPIPHURRAY:

This was a decent episode, reminded me of Lavarynth, only it put the ponies in an RPG setting. It's also reminiscent of the FiM episode, Dungeons and Discord, where Big Mac and Spike were put inside their role-playing game. Not many jokes, but I do like when the ponies get to go on adventures. Intriguing too how they made Hitch a royal. And what was with that headband? Was he supposed to be a half-breed of some kind? 

Episodes Since Comet's Last Appearance: 11

If they can't even visit Comet, how can we expect them to make good on that promise to visit Zantorp? :zipp-wut:

• Brohoof 3
  • Shocked 1

I Liked the episode and had a fun watch, but man, I don't know if it's because of the 22 minutes special and now my brain can tell how strong the difference is, but for me the concept of this episode in a 5 minutes format felt such a waste, it's the typical TyT Adventure format of telling a story, characters go to a place out of nowhere in seconds, do this and do that in a fast montage of scenes, mission completed, episode ends, no wonder why this reminded me of Lavarynth, it's the exactly same pattern, don't get me wrong, again, there are cool ideas and concepts, I really liked specially the use of magic and Sunny's powers, but this episode screams for me that much more could've been done (and better) in a 22 minutes format, it felt so rushed, wasted potential, this is the only G5 animated series now, for me they really need to retire this short format, maybe I'm being too dramatic but I really think it's not doing any good for this series, some episodes really worked in this format, but now I'm feeling it's just harming it :sunny:

41 minutes ago, Misty Shadow said:

If they can't even visit Comet, how can we expect them to make good on that promise to visit Zantorp? :zipp-wut:

That's exactly what I thought when they said that :Pip-giggle:, probably only in off-screen, this whole place felt like a setting for only one episode for me, I can be sure they won't be revisiting it  :mlp_gag:

• Brohoof 3
  • Hugs 1

(edited)

Yes, the episode was super fast...  But I it seems they are exceedingly good in making deep stories in just a few frames.  For example this one: 

brave_IiHd3taHMd.thumb.png.8bac2c5c84b96b2c1bc95ddcee31eb4c.png

Did you noticed Zantrop has a pony tail, mane, and wings beside his horn? What If this is a transformed Alicorn or the child of an Alicorn and Dragon? 

brave_wnB3VYGW2D.thumb.png.8948854b055f8cbe15bad55d605e8975.png

The picture on the wall tells a lot with just a glace. He used to live with other alicorns or creatures of his own kind? Was he exiled? Is he trapped there? Is he the last of his kind? 

Someone on a discord server made the comment that he acted like a Baby. Could it be?  So many possibilities. 

Edited by GrimWolf001
  • Brohoof 4

2 hours ago, Rafa Stary said:

I Liked the episode and had a fun watch, but man, I don't know if it's because of the 22 minutes special and now my brain can tell how strong the difference is, but for me the concept of this episode in a 5 minutes format felt such a waste, it's the typical TyT Adventure format of telling a story, characters go to a place out of nowhere in seconds, do this and do that in a fast montage of scenes, mission completed, episode ends, no wonder why this reminded me of Lavarynth, it's the exactly same pattern, don't get me wrong, again, there are cool ideas and concepts, I really liked specially the use of magic and Sunny's powers, but this episode screams for me that much more could've been done (and better) in a 22 minutes format, it felt so rushed, wasted potential, this is the only G5 animated series now, for me they really need to retire this short format, maybe I'm being too dramatic but I really think it's not doing any good for this series, some episodes really worked in this format, but now I'm feeling it's just harming it :sunny:

That's exactly what I thought when they said that :Pip-giggle:, probably only in off-screen, this whole place felt like a setting for only one episode for me, I can be sure they won't be revisiting it  :mlp_gag:

Really though, going from a 22 minute episode to these shorter ones is rough. Especially since we're only getting a single 5 minute episode every two weeks atm. Which honestly is unacceptable, I can deal with TYT being the only show if episodes at least get released consistently every week. But we're not even getting that at this point.

The episode itself was decent. Concept was really cool, reminds me of The Witcher 3's Blood and Wine DLC quest where you have to go into a fairy tail book to rescue Sylvia. Loved the costumes the mane 6 got. Misty's little moment was cute for sure, definitely the highlight of the episode.

• Brohoof 2
  • Hugs 1

I really liked this episode. I really enjoyed how they went out of Maretime Bay, I wonder who the pony who set up the quests is and if they are really aware they are in a story book and if we'll see them again? I wonder who Zantorp really is, too. Maybe someday we'll find out. 

• Brohoof 3

3 hours ago, Iforgotmybrain said:

Really though, going from a 22 minute episode to these shorter ones is rough. Especially since we're only getting a single 5 minute episode every two weeks atm. Which honestly is unacceptable, I can deal with TYT being the only show if episodes at least get released consistently every week. But we're not even getting that at this point.

Agreed, for me two or more weeks with no episodes was acceptable back in 2023 and 2022, because we had MyM and that was like 28 episodes all 22 minutes long and some them were 40 minutes specials. Now all we get are these 5 minute shorts, it's such a downgrade, I keep repeating that this is the only series  now because that just doesn't do any justice for G5, the other 3 22 minutes specials neither (using the first one as a example of course).

These episodes were all made back in 2023 and the leaks showed that they've already made more than 35 episodes, you said they are being incompetents, which could be true but I refuse to believe that is the only reason for the delays, there mudt be something else going on.

• Brohoof 1