What makes you a birthday diva?

Reecejackox

In my family we celebrate birthday months, so everyday is your birthday f9r a little while to a certain extent. It's a simple way to make someone feel extra special, while also making it easier to plan celebrations and set expectations if you can't actually do anything the day of.

I am a firm believer that your birthday should be treated as a holiday, and to that extent, I try to schedule a day off on my birthday whenever I need to, unless it falls on a day I have off already.  I also like to plan a special dinner for sometime during that period, usually either a teppanyaki restaurant or a Brazilian steakhouse, depending on what we can afford.  

I always try to take my birth day off. It's the one day to yourself and I feel like you should be able to do something nice for yourself

While I agree with taking the day off, my situation is a bit tricky because my birthday often falls during the week or around Thanksgiving. As a result, I either already have the day off, or my day off is scheduled before or after, which means I miss out on celebrating my birthday due to work. Sometimes my job does not want to give me the day as it would mean that I would have 4 day weekend! That’s been the case for the past year or two. Luckily, those days were typically quiet, but I recall being at the office feeling bored as clients were closed, though I did get to leave early.

My birthday is usually an occasion to...do exactly the same thing I do every other day of my life. 

I never get the day off work and I don't really care about getting a party. The party I get is more for my family's enjoyment than for me really. I do appreciate their thoughtfulness but I'm not sentimental about my birthdays as a rule.

Presents are another matter. I accept all kinds; the bigger and more expensive the better. :proud:

• Delighted Giggle 1
  • smile 1
  • Excited 1

The matter of fact that I am actually Twilight Sparkle (sort of) and like to schedule and analyse everything. Birthday for me is time to analyse my prev life and schedule upcoming so I make a party to gather friends to count them. :wacko: Also to create some heartwarming memories together. :twi:

• Brohoof 1

Oof... I'm glad I'm not alone in treating my birthday like a normal day. Thank you @Dreambiscuit :PIPPIPHURRAY: 

This is mainly because my birthday falls during the summer, when all the friends I had during my school days were on vacation. The same during my college days. I wouldn't mind treating this day as special. But I can also make any other day special if the opportunity arises.

• Brohoof 1

I don't consider anything realistic to be indicative of someone being a birthday diva, it's the only day you get to celebrate you out of 365 days. I'm not going to label it a selfish act if you do something nice for yourself for a day. Take the day off, give yourself a gift like purchasing a new set of headphones on Amazon, get something good to eat like ice cream, party like there's no tomorrow, because it's not wrong to have self-esteem.

That said, I don't like me so I don't do anything out of the ordinary for my birthday.

On 2024-08-28 at 12:20 PM, Finding_Marty said:

I can also make any other day special if the opportunity arises.

I like that idea! Unbirthdays are awesome! Lots of fun and nothing more expected of you! :discord_balloon:

• Shocked 1

I don't celebrate my birthday not that big. I normaly would try to get a day off, but usually, my birthdy is in the middle of the summer break in school and so, other co-workers with children have the priority with vacation. So, mostly, I usually left work earlier (with the ok of my boss of course).