Planning on making a fanfic

Mikael

Hello everypony!

I am planning to make a fanfic, I have a good idea, but I don't want to share much, so no one steals it :P Well for all of you that have already made a fanfic I have a few questions: (I am also going to upload it on fimfiction.net if it is good enough... Have a two friends that are going to read through it and I well also spend alot of time reading it through to check if it's good enough...)

1. Can I just write it on Microsoft Office Word (I have the 2007 version)?

2. It will be involving humans too (I am one of the main characters), should I include some personal info or is it better if I just keep it very non-personal?

I am sure I had more questions... But they disappeared. Ok, would have been great if you shared some personal experiences as fanfic-writers. Say anything that a new writer like should know.

(edited)

You should make an account on fimfiction.net, it should have everything everything you need. And yes, you can write the fic on microsoft office and you can just copy and paste your story from the worksheet. Also, The humans background info is completely up to you.

Edited by Strafe

strafesig.jpg

"The Gods envy us. They envy us because we’re mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we’re doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again."

You should make an account on fimfiction.net, it should have everything everything you need. And yes, you can write the fic on microsoft office and you can just copy and paste your story from office. Also, The humans background info is completely up to you.

Ok, thank you :)

Ok, thank you :)

No problem. :D

strafesig.jpg

"The Gods envy us. They envy us because we’re mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we’re doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again."

(edited)
  • FiMfiction is a good idea. I enjoy the site. You can also use DeviantArt if you want (normally for pictures, but literature works). There is also this site.
  • Just by reading your initial post, you will want to pay special attention to grammar. There are quite a few flaws in your post; it would be unfortunate if that kind of error would transfer into your story.
  • Yes, you can use Microsoft word. Or even Notepad. Just about any word-processing program (Google Documents is cool too). Keep in mind, however, that sometimes formatting your text is lost when copy/pasting into places like FiMfiction and DA.
  • Self-insertion is a very tricky literary technique to use. Oftentimes it is considered bad writing form and only a small handful of authors have been able to pull it off well. It's entirely up to you, but I would recommend against self-insertion.
Edited by Strife

• FiMfiction is a good idea. I enjoy the site. You can also use DeviantArt if you want (normally for pictures, but literature works). There is also this site.
  • Just by reading your initial post, you will want to pay special attention to grammar. There are quite a few flaws in your post; it would be unfortunate if that kind of error would transfer into your story.
  • Yes, you can use Microsoft word. Or even Notepad. Just about any word-processing program (Google Documents is cool too). Keep in mind, however, that sometimes formatting your text is lost when copy/pasting into places like FiMfiction and DA.
  • Self-insertion is a very tricky literary technique to use. Oftentimes it is considered bad writing form and only a small handful or authors have been able to pull it off well. It's entirely up to you, but I would recommend against self-insertion.
Ok, yeah, I have some grammar errors since I am norwegian, but I will try my best at correcting it. Thank you for your advices :)

I was gonna recommend fimfiction but it seems I have been beaten to it... I spend most of my days on that site.

6Cbrv.gif

Brushing your hair is for people who care and someone who cares is not I, I'll jump off a bridge and then fill up your fridge,
and best pony is Fluttershy.

Her face is still blushing and she is still eating the pasta.

"on the internet;everyone are strong"- Guy on Youtube.