Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The New Commissions Section!

Twilight Sparkle ✨

You may have noticed that Octavia's Hall has a new subforum, Commissions!

As the name implies, it is a dedicated area for artists selling custom work to set up shop. Each artist who has an active topic in there pays a portion of their revenues as an advertising fee, so purchasing work from them is a great way to support both independent art and MLP Forums - not to mention that you get a sweet piece of art, too!

Each artist has agreed to a contract which protects both them and MLP Forums, so you can feel safe purchasing art there.

I hope this new addition will give these artists' business a little boost. There's a lot of talent there, and these guys deserve it. :)

If you happen to be interested in taking commissions yourself, just get in touch with me via personal convo.

• Brohoof 15

I really like this idea. there are bronies who create stuff that deserve much more then being posted on deviant art or a forum site. It could bring them together more, and encourage those to improve on their drawing skills!

Though just one question. Is there a possiblity of donating art to the site or to others in the future to come?

• Brohoof 2

This makes it a lot easier to find someone that does something you want. It can be a bit tricky looking for people on deviant at times.

It's also another way for people to be appreciated for what they can do. Can't wait to see some of the things people will be selling.

I really like this idea. there are bronies who create stuff that deserve much more then being posted on deviant art or a forum site. It could bring them together more, and encourage those to improve on their drawing skills!

Though just one question. Is there a possiblity of donating art to the site or to others in the future to come?

The current picture I have for my avatar was drawn by Ezynell, as an example. Although it was technically a free request, I did throw a few bucks his way for it. :)

What exactly do you mean by "donating art to the site or to others"?

• Brohoof 1

The current picture I have for my avatar was drawn by Ezynell, as an example. Although it was technically a free request, I did throw a few bucks his way for it. :)

What exactly do you mean by "donating art to the site or to others"?

Well what I mean is could it be possible to donate art to the site so when someone buys it the money goes to the site? Or to be able to send art to other members as a donation. Or in ways to help support others?

Such as say instead of sending money to help someone on the forums, would sending a piece of art without compensation be a viable option in the future for those who feel like sending free art?

Well what I mean is could it be possible to donate art to the site so when someone buys it the money goes to the site? Or to be able to send art to other members as a donation. Or in ways to help support others?

Such as say instead of sending money to help someone on the forums, would sending a piece of art without compensation be a viable option in the future for those who feel like sending free art?

Some of the money already goes to the site when you buy something. If an artist wants all of the money from the sale to go towards the site, that's up to them. Most commissioning artists are looking to make a buck or two for themselves, although I can certainly accommodate anyone who wishes to give everything they earn to the site.

I don't see anything stopping anyone from requesting a commissioned piece for someone other than themselves. Commissioned gift art is nothing new. As for free art where the artist receives no monetary compensation (if I understand what you mean), that's really up to the artist if they want to do that.

Some of the money already goes to the site when you buy something. If an artist wants all of the money from the sale to go towards the site, that's up to them. Most commissioning artists are looking to make a buck or two for themselves, although I can certainly accommodate anyone who wishes to give everything they earn to the site.

I don't see anything stopping anyone from requesting a commissioned piece for someone other than themselves. Commissioned gift art is nothing new. As for free art where the artist receives no monetary compensation (if I understand what you mean), that's really up to the artist if they want to do that.

Ah okay, now it's crystal clear to me. Thanks for the answers :).

This is a good idea for both artists and the forums themselves. Good idea and hopefully the artists (as well as the forums) prosper because of this. Unfortunately my parents do not approve of pony things arriving in the mail (happened before) so I will be unable to purchase anyhting :(