Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are you attracted to ponies? (platonic attraction)

Lady Rarity Pony

355 users have voted

1. 1. Are you attracted to ponies? (platonic)

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Sure

Yes.

I remember reading a long article about a guy called Dragon-wolfe Dolphinn that loves dolphins, can't link it due to it's sexual content.

Basically he fell in love with a dolphin at the age of 12 (who was later killed, he never forgave the killer) and has dedicated his entire life to dolphins.

Edited by Legit101

Yes.

I remember reading a long article about a guy called Dragon-wolfe Dolphinn that loves dolphins, can't link it due to it's sexual content.

Basically he fell in love with a dolphin at the age of 12 (who was later killed, he never forgave the killer) and has dedicated his entire life to dolphins.

As much as I may find the implications of that . . . unsettling. I can't help but admire him for taking tragedy and grief and doing something good with it. (Instead of becoming Dolphin Dude, in the vein of Batman.)

Its kind of hard for me to say yes or no. Looking just at the personalities, yes. They are attributes that I would find attractive in humans. Looking at the appearance is another story. They are wonderfully designed, they look beautiful and I find them pleasing to look at in the same way as you would a work of art.

Not that long ago people wouldn't consider humans attractive because they were of a different ethnicity and looked different. But we are past that now, is it such a stretch for it to be able to extend one step further?

Ponies have human personalities. That's the only thing I see as attractive.

Overall, I think I'll vote yes.

• Brohoof 1

When it comes to platonic attraction yes, I find Rarity, Twilight, and Pinkie's personalities attractive.

Its kind of hard for me to say yes or no. Looking just at the personalities, yes. They are attributes that I would find attractive in humans. Looking at the appearance is another story. They are wonderfully designed, they look beautiful and I find them pleasing to look at in the same way as you would a work of art.

Not that long ago people wouldn't consider humans attractive because they were of a different ethnicity and looked different. But we are past that now, is it such a stretch for it to be able to extend one step further?

Ponies have human personalities. That's the only thing I see as attractive.

Overall, I think I'll vote yes.

If you haven't already. Check out my thread for "Pony Romance" I have a theory, that extends to both their appearance and personality.

Posted Image

How can you not like her? She's adorable.

Twilight is very cute. ("Cute" in THAT sense. I feel the need to specify that here.) I have very much in common with her and wouldn't mind someone like her as a girlfriend. (Plus did you see her in her gala dress? Wow! And let's not forget that she sure can rock those glasses and hair bun!)

I just love how people who don't like it automaticly classify it as "wrong" and "weird".

Just because you don't like it, dosen't mean it is the WORST POSSIBLE THING EVER.

And yes, I discovered I did last night.

I KNOW! This is the least judgmental internet group ever! We're all totally live and let live.

Would you say you're attracted to the ponies themselves? Let's take it to the philosophical level and ask ourselves "Is it the ponies themselves we're attracted to, or the thought of the ponies we are attracted to?"

I posted a thread about just that. (Pony Romance, if you are wondering.) Give it a look, I'm not an expert, but I think my stance is at least sound.

I'm not attracted to ponies in equine form, but when physically anthropomorphised? Oooooh yes.

That said. For me it can be hit or miss. There's a fine line between completely humanizing them and actually removing the features that make them who they are, and retaining their attractive qualities across species. One who's particularly easy to do this with is Rarity.

Compare:

Posted Image

and this one.

Posted Image

The second picture is obviously an exaggeration of what a human being looks like, but that actually makes it closer to Rarity than the first picture. The ponies we know have pronounced human qualities to make them identifiable with the human audience. If you make a perfect human translation, they loose their charm and uniqueness. (Oh! And your welcome! ;))

Luna, Fluttershy, Rainbow, & Rarity. They may be ponies, but if it's a platonic attraction, it wouldn't matter, their physical form wouldn't come before their who they are personality wise. So yes, I would be Platonically attracted to any of preceding 4. Especially Luna.

You know, I was thinking about this recently. I really like the way these ponies are drawn, way more than older generation ponies. their bodies are more... nubile? o__O there is something attractive about the way they are drawn, but as an above poster said, I don't see them that way in the show. Now, screenshots can be very exploitable for "sexy" photo manips and fanart, which come out very *nicely* in my opinion. >__>

• Brohoof 1

You know, I was thinking about this recently. I really like the way these ponies are drawn, way more than older generation ponies. their bodies are more... nubile? o__O there is something attractive about the way they are drawn, but as an above poster said, I don't see them that way in the show. Now, screenshots can be very exploitable for "sexy" photo manips and fanart, which come out very *nicely* in my opinion. >__>

Again. I cite Masahiro's "The Uncanny Valley" The less human something is, the more it's human qualities stand out. (Look up "Pony Romance" for my theory.) Nice use of the term "nubile" by the by, that nicely sums up what I find attractive in my top 2 "would date" ponies. In the purely physical sense.

1) Fluttershy's form could be described as "willowy." Everyone of her movements is like watching a spring breeze given shape. (See "May the best pet win" not only is Fluttershy more reveling in her full range of motion like an airborne ballerina, her flying is subdued and graceful as opposed to Dash's bursts and flips.) When she is nervous, she hides her pretty face behind her mane. An action that sends protective instincts ablaze. Speaking of her mane, it's an unnatural color for humans, but it's tonality is a calming rosey color rather than a bright eye-searing hue. It's also long and free flowing, framing her face like a heart.

Posted Image

2) Rarity. What Fluttershy has in natural grace, Rarity has in "practiced" grace. Rarity often struts with her head held high, showing both confidence in herself as a "person" and no fear in being beautiful. Indeed, her walking animations often have a swaying effect to them. Her mane is quite the statement. For those of us who love a woman's hair, Rarity's has a clean sheen to it in addition to being expertly curled but still quite malleable to her head's movements. Then her lovely blue eyes, the shining color is highlighted by her white coat and dark eyeliner. When examined closely, Rarity's body type could be described as "curvy" especially compared to the more toned AJ. Rarity has quite a figure, and appears very proud of it based on how often she poses.

Posted Image

Posted Image

This one has a strange influence on me

Posted Image

Damn those pretty purple eyes! *Lelouch immediately springs to mind.* That . . . did not come out right. :blink: Edited by Steelquill

Fluttershy would be kind of like a little sister, Twilight would be a good pal of mine since she's independent and a gifted one for that matter, Rainbow and Applejack are the types of ponies I would get along with well, Pinkie Pie would be the one I would be most attracted to platonically since she has qualities that I really like, and Rarity... well, I'm baffled by that one.

To say i wasn't very attracted to these Beautiful ponies would be the biggest lie of my life ( thus far)

To say who?

1st Pinkie Pie

2nd FlutterShy

3rd Twilight

I would actually wait for years on Pinkie because to make her my queen when i become king would be Amazing!

for me, my best GirlFriends were actually my opposites because we complemented eachothers flaws and Pinkie is now different personally i don't like to party alot which what pinkie wants to do. so thats one example, idk thats how i feel.

• Brohoof 1

To say i wasn't very attracted to these Beautiful ponies would be the biggest lie of my life ( thus far)

To say who?

1st Pinkie Pie

2nd FlutterShy

3rd Twilight

I would actually wait for years on Pinkie because to make her my queen when i become king would be Amazing!

for me, my best GirlFriends were actually my opposites because we complemented eachothers flaws and Pinkie is now different personally i don't like to party alot which what pinkie wants to do. so thats one example, idk thats how i feel.

I myself prefer girls who are a lot like me, but I get the idea. I told my former girlfriend (former, not ex) the day I DO find the woman I'll marry I would treat her like a Queen. She then corrected me by saying "Anthony, the way you were with me. You'll treat her like a goddess!" I know myself well enough to know it's true.

As for my Top 3, as stated above.

1) Fluttershy

2) Rarity

3) Twilight

Though I must admit. Pinkie does have her moments. While not my opposite, I'm not exactly a socialite and can become very rigid at times. I feel like perhaps she would help me loosen up a bit. (Hell just watching clips of her puts a smile on my face!) Lastly, I don't know why, but I get the impression she would be playfully flirty. Don't ask me why; I really don't know why I get that feeling. :huh:

As I said in the other thread I do like Applejack, Twilight and Rainbow.

I love AJs appearance, accent and simplicity

Twilight has the most moments where she looks so cute I want to hug her trough the screen in the series and her behaviour is adorable

and I like RBDs appearance and tomboyishness. Also her immature behaviour makes me smile very often

Rarity is to much lady-like for me. Iam not attracted by girls who wear lots of make-up, behave real girly and are often described as "sexy" by my friends. But in my point of view: cute>sexy xD

Fluttershy is too much like a parent to find her attractive :P

and Pinkie Pie is too hyper and her appearance is not my cup of tea^^

Edited by PonyPunk

I myself prefer girls who are a lot like me, but I get the idea. I told my former girlfriend (former, not ex) the day I DO find the woman I'll marry I would treat her like a Queen. She then corrected me by saying "Anthony, the way you were with me. You'll treat her like a goddess!" I know myself well enough to know it's true.

As for my Top 3, as stated above.

1) Fluttershy

2) Rarity

3) Twilight

Though I must admit. Pinkie does have her moments. While not my opposite, I'm not exactly a socialite and can become very rigid at times. I feel like perhaps she would help me loosen up a bit. (Hell just watching clips of her puts a smile on my face!) Lastly, I don't know why, but I get the impression she would be playfully flirty. Don't ask me why; I really don't know why I get that feeling. :huh:

Personally seeing how my element is Kindness, you'd think that i would ussually be around kind people...

Not so! i ussually stay around friends and i ussually keep them from crossing lines as if i was a Mod in real life lol

but in Pinkie's case, and like you im not the socially oriented but when it does come to that, i'm very party like and i completely change my personalty to the new enviroment. but the thing that makes Pinkie for me is that unlike me she shows here entire kid side where as i would just sit on the throne all day. her knowing of the situation tell me if i'm on leave for buisness she can be respondsible enough to keep it together until i return and that as soon as walk in the door i'll get a welcome back party! even if i've just been gone a day. if i turned into a pony today and went to Ponyville, no i wouldn't Walk around Ponyville, no i woudn't track down Trixie and i even wouldn't even tell claim my place as Prince! the first thing the very first thing i would do is look for Pinkie. i'd make contact before i did anything else.

• Brohoof 1

Personally seeing how my element is Kindness, you'd think that i would ussually be around kind people...

Not so! i ussually stay around friends and i ussually keep them from crossing lines as if i was a Mod in real life lol

but in Pinkie's case, and like you im not the socially oriented but when it does come to that, i'm very party like and i completely change my personalty to the new enviroment. but the thing that makes Pinkie for me is that unlike me she shows here entire kid side where as i would just sit on the throne all day. her knowing of the situation tell me if i'm on leave for buisness she can be respondsible enough to keep it together until i return and that as soon as walk in the door i'll get a welcome back party! even if i've just been gone a day. if i turned into a pony today and went to Ponyville, no i wouldn't Walk around Ponyville, no i woudn't track down Trixie and i even wouldn't even tell claim my place as Prince! the first thing the very first thing i would do is look for Pinkie. i'd make contact before i did anything else.

Sounds like you know exactly what you want in a wife. I wish I was as lucky. :) Yeah, I'm sure many a brony has an "if" to do list. Oooh I should make that a topic! :lol: Edited by Steelquill
  • Brohoof 1

Am I attracted to the ponies' personality? Sure. The Mane 6 are an interesting bunch, and they each possess their own unique personality traits which I find appealing. In a hypothetical situation, it would be a lot of fun to get to know them and pick their minds on a variety of subjects---both big and small.

Am I attracted to their appearance? They're appealing in an asthetic sense: large eyes, bright colors, cute features. Without their personalities, however, I wouldn't care very much for the Mane 6 on the basis of their appearance alone. They would otherwise just be a bunch of cute cartoon ponies.

Do I find them sexually attractive? No. In spite of the occurrences in which the Mane 6 are "sexed up," for lack of a better term, by the fanbase, I don't think of them as sexual objects. While their personalities might be attractive in a human partner, they remain ponies; the physical sexual element is missing, and that is distinct.

Conclusion: sure, I'm attracted to the ponies as personalities placed in appealing cartoonish shells, but it doesn't occur to me to consider them as sexually attractive.

I find ponies nonsexually attractive, because of their personalities and how cute they are, and I find it normal for others to have the same attractiveness if using the same reasons.

• Brohoof 2

hell yea luna!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh and celestia

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xu2Bv8Y_pCs&feature=related

www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEYygtx6xVg&feature=fvst

www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_d9cqJ5k68&feature=related

www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWWd2e48g8M&feature=related

ok i think you can tell im attracted to luna

hell yea luna!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh and celestia

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xu2Bv8Y_pCs&feature=related

www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEYygtx6xVg&feature=fvst

www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_d9cqJ5k68&feature=related

www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWWd2e48g8M&feature=related