Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Most off the voice actors is Canadian?

EryDash

Because MLP:FIM is a Canadian-American produced cartoon, as are most of the fine quality cartoons out there (though many of them are mostly just Canadian made), ie Ed, Edd 'n' Eddy, Cow and Chicken, etc.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

More or less what Wormtail said. DHX Media is located in Canada, and that is where the principal work is done on the show. There are only one or two exceptions: first, Tara Strong is located in California, requiring her to record separately from the rest of the cast; second, Hasbro is American based, so major internal discussions have to be routed through the States. I've read some speculation that this geographical set up was partly why Lauren stepped back from directly overseeing MLP; in other words, the distance made it difficult for them to rapidly communicate ideas. Whether or not this is the case, Tara is still with the show (obviously), recording her lines as Twilight in her home studio, receiving comments from the DHX Media crew, and eventually sending the recordings over for final production.

Canada generally has a strong presence in the voice recording industry. California and, to a lesser extent, Texas also have a large number of voice actors and studios. That is why you'll find a lot of professional voice actors are of Canadian nationality. Even Tara, though she lives in the United States, was born in Canada. (On a separate note, I only recently found out that John de Lancie was born in Philadelphia. The more you know!)

Edited by Thereisnospoon303
  • Brohoof 2

Because MLP:FIM is a Canadian-American produced cartoon, as are most of the fine quality cartoons out there (though many of them are mostly just Canadian made), ie Ed, Edd 'n' Eddy, Cow and Chicken, etc.

I remember Cow & Chicken. That was.. An uncomfortable show. Satan (the red guy I think we was called) walking around on his butt cheeks half the time. Though I do like Charles Adler.

I remember Cow & Chicken. That was.. An uncomfortable show. Satan (the red guy I think we was called) walking around on his butt cheeks half the time. Though I do like Charles Adler.

My parents wouldn't let me watch Cartoon Network, because they sent so much bad like Cow & Chicken. I was allowed to watch Fox Kids before my parents got divorced, in the place my mom moved we only had 2 really boring channels.

More or less what Wormtail said. DHX Media is located in Canada, and that is where the principal work is done on the show. There are only one or two exceptions: first, Tara Strong is located in California, requiring her to record separately from the rest of the cast; second, Hasbro is American based, so major internal discussions have to be routed through the States. I've read some speculation that this geographical set up was partly why Lauren stepped back from directly overseeing MLP; in other words, the distance made it difficult for them to rapidly communicate ideas. Whether or not this is the case, Tara is still with the show (obviously), recording her lines as Twilight in her home studio, receiving comments from the DHX Media crew, and eventually sending the recordings over for final production.

Canada generally has a strong presence in the voice recording industry. California and, to a lesser extent, Texas also have a large number of voice actors and studios. That is why you'll find a lot of professional voice actors are of Canadian nationality. Even Tara, though she lives in the United States, was born in Canada. (On a separate note, I only recently found out that John de Lancie was born in Philadelphia. The more you know!)

Actually Tara Strong is also a Canadian. She lives in Los Angeles to make it easier for other contract work she does in Hollywood.

My Little Pony: Part of our Proud Canadian Herritage, like our other horrifically boring but practical inventions.

Like the CanadArm

Posted Image

and International Standardized Time

Posted Image

(It's 5 o'clock somewhere. Time for a cold one! :)

Actually Tara Strong is also a Canadian. She lives in Los Angeles to make it easier for other contract work she does in Hollywood.

That is why you'll find a lot of professional voice actors are of Canadian nationality. Even Tara, though she lives in the United States, was born in Canada.

She does not, however, work for Canadian intelligence. If she did, James Bond would appear in her house to conclude Quantum of Solace.

wasn't who's line is it anyway also done in Canada?

I enjoyed some shows made in Canada, cow and chicken was one of them, The show didn't really make sense to me sometimes but I found a way to get a chuckle out of it one time or another.

I like lots of things in entertainment that Canada has a hand in, and My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is certainly one of them. I, for one, welcome our talented Canadian voice acting and animating overlords. :)

She does not, however, work for Canadian intelligence. If she did, James Bond would appear in her house to conclude Quantum of Solace.

Well, you never know... ;)

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vvTZrsMG8o

Awwwww how sweet is she? She's so random, playing with those figurine thingies. Well that's one person I would say I would like to meet.

It's sad to watch Ashleigh Ball descend into complete madness, talking to her imaginary alter egos as if they were real. The world has truly lost a tremendous talent.

It's sad to watch Ashleigh Ball descend into complete madness, talking to her imaginary alter egos as if they were real. The world has truly lost a tremendous talent.

Awwwww poor bugger, she need's to be at the funny farm. She can join me, I've got a giant rainbow outside my window.