Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What did you think of bronies before you became one yourself?

jacibobsthebrony

I did not know about bronies as much upon me becoming one whell... I only have few friends upon who are bronies and introduced me to it knowing that it was odd of them presenting me with the show of My little pony because I was thinking of the old one till I saw they had shirts stickers customize mats that had mlp FiM on it. They are my friends they were kewl I played yugioh with them lol. So they told me about mlp and I got into it little by little then became a brony. So what did I think before, older guys and women who like ponies. Thats what I think. Too long of a talk I guess among what I think haha well... yeah..

I sorta thought of it as how people think of "The Room" :lol:. The one's who really like it, like it because of how godawful it is. Well. I thought the reason people liked ponies is because MLP:FiM was godawful. Then, I realized by word-of-mouth that it was actually because the show was good, and I was like "Really?". So yah, after that, I started to get heavily interested in it (I also really like the eye design) and soon enough, here I am today :)

• Brohoof 1

Very negative.

I thought it was stupid that men liked My Little Pony, and I had assumed it was like G3, and that they couldn't like it.

I was the same way, I thought all of it was G1-3 so... I thought they liked that, which I don't even like. :3

Edited by F-22brony

Ok. I'll be honest. I didn't know they existed at first. Someone actually posted about FiM on another message board, and I didn't think much of it at first, until everyone started saying they liked the show. Eventually, it got me to watch a few clips, because I just 'had to know'. And that's where it all started.

Edited by SBaby

Well at first i was like "Boys liking ponies?..what happend?" but after a while i started to get lured into the idea of becoming one then when i watched the pilot i was instantly hooked on and became a Brony.

I think I was actually worse than any hater, before I started watching the show myself, I have to say I didn't even know there were bronies. I didn't even know of the show, come to think of it now, I don't even remember how I found out about MLP (meaning other than the show)

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't question why people liked it, I just questioned why it was EVERYWHERE. I'm not the kind of person that judges someone by their likes or dislikes.

So one day at like 4:30 in the morning I was like "You know what? If it's this popular then it must be good" so I looked up one of the episodes and watched it. At the time "The Last Roundup" was the newest one. Through that episode I didn't see what was so "amazing" about it.Then I clicked a second one and I was like "Hey this is a pretty cute show". Then the third I was like "I LOVE THIS SO MUCH". I watched like every episode that day and then found the term Brony and used it on myself.

Though, the pony stuff has it's limits and it gets too much for me sometimes. :/

Honestly, i had no idea they existed up until the moment before i became one myself after losing a bet (i bet $20 with a mate that i would win if i didnt like the show, well we all see how that turned out. Money well spent)

I was like "really? ponies" I thought it was the most stupid thing ive ever heard. One of my buddies were ALWAYS talking about ponies and "oh a new episode is out" kinda stuff, so i was making fun of him for it, and then, i realized it was animated. This certainly peeked my intrest. Then I saw it was all done in flash. I had been using flash for almost close to 4 years, and once i saw the AMAZING animation i was intrested. Then i saw the awesome spoofs and thought they were really funny and wanted to watch the real thing. After that, well, look at me now.

Ive actually been able to make 3 of my SUPER HATING FRIENDS, like you dont even know how much they hated on it, to become bronies. The worst one of them is now a collector of all things MLP, has watched every episode mulitple times, has his computer room FULL of posters, and talks about it whenever he can. The other two, are closet bronies for now, but we'll get them eventually. The rest, leads all the way up to now.

I really didn't have a strong opinion on the matter..... Before I was a brony I still wasn't a very judgmental person... So to me they were just people who watched a show for little girls.... And granted I thought that was a little weird.... but I never thought less of them for it.... I just sort of thought... eh whatever... thats what they like.... they can go be weird all they want as long as they dont shove it in my face and im fine with that.

I was playing TF2 and kept seeing all these pony pictures everywhere. I thought that it was kind of weird that these people were going through all this trouble just to show off that they liked a cartoon for girls. I didn't see anything wrong with it though, since I watched cartoons and stuff that was meant for kids before I became a brony.

I didn't find it that bizarre at all, people are into all kinda of stuff. So seeing this wasn't to much of a shock. I didn't think I would like it at all, but I was sold as soon as I heard and saw Rainbow Dash :3 and all the singing and cuteness

I honestly did not care if someone was a brony before I was, I did not watch it tell June 21st which was 3 months after I knew my friend Lauren(Wicked Wickz) was a brony(pegasister but I call her a brony cause she likes it better) and that's pretty much it...

Edited by Zootycooner

I didn't even know bronies existed until after I watched the show. I only found out about the show when a guy who runs a web comic linked to a clip of Pinkie playing the trombone as an ending gag for his comic. I didn't even know what I was looking at until I saw the tags. I only knew of MLP from my youth and I didn't know it was even still around. A google search told me Lauren Faust worked on the show, that she'd worked on Foster's and the show was airing the Hub. I checked the tv schedual and found out the latest episode (Over a Barrel )was airing the next morning. So I recorded it out of curiosity. It wasn't till a Wikipedia search after I watched it that I found out about the rapidly growing fanbase.

Me being an anime fan in the past, I won't ever turn down a popular show.

I was all about checking it out, and was ready to accept if I really lured it that much. But it took some time to get to like.