Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What did you think of bronies before you became one yourself?

jacibobsthebrony

(edited)

I didn't really have an initial opinion on bronies. I'm not really one to judge people by the things they're interested in, so I just figured 'to each his own', like I often do. After the community started growing, though, my curiosity got the best of me, and I found myself watching an episode, then another, then half a season.

The rest is history.

Edited by Fire_Fly
  • Brohoof 3

To be honest I didn't think it was that weird. Sure I thought "what the.. Why does people like this?" But then I thought, well I guess it's just a good show. And I gave it a try after watching some fanmade videos on youtube :)

I just thought is was a group of people liking what they wanted, without fear of being brought down by it. So I think I actually envied them.

• Brohoof 2

I was neutral and thought they should have there own opinions because it is what they want to like.

My friends dad says that all Bronys should be locked up in prison im not telling him then. T_T

(edited)

I wanna say too that i wasnt against bronys when i found out and I was perfectly fine with men watching it but im sure nearly everyone was atleast a little confused or shocked or something like that when they found out. Also my dad is the same too FALCON PUNCH he thinks they are all gay little weirdos so im definatley not telling him.

Edited by jacibobsthebrony

I only knew bronies for about a week before I became one, and TBH, I didn't really find it weird in any way. The bronies that I knew first were very kind :)

I just thought the show's popularity was a strange little phenomenon, but that its fans were generally perfectly normal people with odd interests. To be fair, I didn't really have any real prejudices about liking little girl's fare-- I grew up with a little sister and kind of was fond of the toy ponies in her room.

I started out neutral but in favor of the haters. But then I decided to give the bronies' side a chance. I started watching videos on what exactly bronies were, what they do and why they do it. Then i had a good understanding of the subculture and had quite a few brony friends on the internet. Then came the faithful day I stumbled onto this video:

I've been a brony ever since.

• Brohoof 6

I thought it was just another one of those stupid viral trends the internet had adopted. Similar to Kony 2012, Rebecca Black, then 4chan users start raving over My Little Pony, you know it's just another one of those things.

Now, who HASN'T seen Kony 2012's video and who HASN'T heard Friday. Viral trends on the internet are literally impossible to avoid.

MLP alike. I'm interested in a lot of things. How life works, philosophy, anatomy, ect. Even before being a brony, I did some research into the MLP fanbase as well, and I found out that 82% of My Little Ponies fans' are MALE. This fact was by far the most devastating viral trend I'd ever witnesses. So yeah, I did the only thing I could and watched the show itself.

Again, even before I was a brony, I've never been judgemental of anyone for any reason. Gay people, lesbians, atheists, creationists, femenists (I'm a Christian BTW), and I've never once been judgemental of any of those kinds of people for who they are. In fact, I may be one of the 1% of non-judgmental teenagers in existence.

And, yeah, you know how it goes from there. Bronyhood, connections, ect. That's about it.

I hadn't an opinion on them, I was in the minecraft forums, that were packed with our species, but there wasn't anything too bad about them, they were just different people, as long as they didn't shoved me how awesome ponies are then it was all good, live and let live, now of course, I'm the one showing my little pony to people

Truth be told, I barely knew about them. I had a few people on my Steam friends list who had pony avatars, and one evening we trolled a bunch of TF2 servers with pony sprays and constantly posting "BROHOOF" in the chat when we won, but I wasn't at all familiar with the show. In retrospect, being a brony then would have made the event much more entertaining for me.

Generally, I had no set opinion. I rapidly got into MLP, so transferring into the herd came without much by way of preconceived notions regarding fans of the show.

At first I hated (4chan user here, I find myself going there less and less however), then I was neutral (I got the "to each his own" mindset), then I became one. I still don't exactly remember why, when or how I became one. Something happened that turned me, and I'm not completely sure what it was... I think my mind turned off when I got into the "THIS IS SO AWESOME" phase

I wasn't too sure what to think at first. I knew it seemed kinda sketchy that a bunch of guys my age were watching the show, but I was pretty defensive about it at first. I had heard about bronies, but never really associated myself with them. Not that I ever judged them because they're people too and I don't just go stone throwing because of people's likes and interests.

I knew the show had to be pretty good, so I went and checked it out with an open mind, but only to test the waters and see what all the hubbub was about. I watched an episode and enjoyed it, but didn't watch it again for another few months. Then I got bored one day and remembered watching that episode and I thought I'd watch a few more. Next thing I knew, I was watching it like a crack addict. Completed both seasons in three days. I still needed to do homework lol

Anyway, before becoming a brony, I thought they were strange because of all the myths that go around, especially those that revolve around R34. That's what really kept me from joining the community even after I admitted to myself that I'm a brony. I just didn't want to be associated with R34 and ponies. However, lots of legit bronies on YouTube were able to convince me that most of the fan made material isn't R34. Couldn't have been truer. Now bronies are probably the most legit people around! :D

Long live the bronies! :)

I've always been an open minded person. I'm into a lot of hobbies that are considered out of the norm, so when I heard about Bronies I was more curious than anything.

It was my curiosity that drove me to watch the show, and that's why I'm here now ^.^

If you shut something down before trying it yourself, you could be missing out on something great :)

• Brohoof 1

I've never think anything wrong about them, because I have friends who are anime and manga otakus and I've learned how to tolarate and respect them and I saw bronies the same way, they are otakus of MLP, it's the same thing, but I felt embarrasment whenever I saw videos of them singing the songs of the show in public, specially the opening.

But after I became a brony I started to think that it is really cute when they gather to sing in public or in group, you can feel the friendship coming out of the computer screen. :P

One of my friends watched a whole season of it while sick. Back when there was only one season. Later on he started calling it stupid and doesn't like it anymore. For some reason.

Anyway, I thought he watches My Little Pony? Why would he do that? That show sucks, it's just ugly, hideous creatures and tea parties!

I started to see it pop up all over the internet a week later. And figured, fine, I'll watch one episode to check it out. It blew my mind, I could emphasize with Twilight, it was a two-parter in a little girls show! Plus, Rainbow was kinda badass.

I kept denying I liked it until I hit the sixth episode. With no breaks among them. My friend thinks it's crazy and weird for guys to like this "girly" show, so I give him heck because not only did he watch it, he got me into it!