Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you think about before you fall asleep?

Paianis

I make an effort to avoid thinking about anything creative or productive; that always gets me interested and I end up being awake all night. The best thing I can do is think about peaceful images and settings, like being aboard a sailing ship like the ones in Treasure Planet, flying through deep space (the pretty kind of deep space, with nebulae, strange worlds and snowfall. Yes, that’s right, snowfall in space!) and that usually has me drifting off to sleep fairly quickly.

• 2 weeks later...

I usually don't have any trouble falling asleep. I fall asleep often in my recliner chair later at night while I'm watching something on Netflix or YouTube on my TV, so I'm kind just watching and taking it in, usually not really "thinking".

If it's past 1AM and feel that I'm falling asleep I go to bed and think about nothing and usually fall asleep in a couple minutes.

On the rare night that I am having trouble falling asleep I usually think about nothing and just count. I never remember even roughly where I stopped counting. ^_^

Edited by Cirrus.
  • Brohoof 1

19 hours ago, ExplosionMare said:

I think about all the things that have caused me worry or I just think about fun things I did throughout the day

Using your bed time to think about things that caused you to worry might not be so good. Try thinking only positive stuff when trying to sleep

• Brohoof 1

Just before I fall asleep, I somehow remember what I dreamed about the night before. That's why I know you cannot dream the same dream twice when trying to (at least for me)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I just think about my plans for the following day. I also try thinking about comfortable things, like having my dreams come true. It's actually quite helpful. :adorkable:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...