Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you think about school?

Whtttheflip

I have a love-hate relationship with school. Classes are boring and I would much rather have the opportunity to stay home, but if it weren't for school I wouldn't have met my friends. I can't say what it is, but there's something important about going to school. If I hadn't gone to school, I wouldn't be the same person. I still don't enjoy doing schoolwork, though.

At the very least, my classes ended last month, so I won't have to think about school too much until August.

15 hours ago, Stone Cold Steve Tuna said:

I used to be just like you. I hated school with a fiery passion. Wait until you get into the real world. You will beg to go back to school. Life hasn't even begun to kick your ass yet.

That's what I'm worried about.

Oh my goodness, I adore school! Especially College! I love learning, I love acedemics and I believe humanity thrives and grows on education and knowledge! Bring on teaching me new things all day every day! I love to read and expand my view on the world at large!

While at school, you do get an education, but it destroys the family. Kids come home at around 4. After that, they got 2 hours of homework. After dinner, how much more time is there to spend with their family? They barely have time for themselves at home and can't fully enagage with their favorite activities. They will have zero time as well if they are on a sports team and need to practice for hours. Back at school, you stay 7 hours over there. You get in trouble because you've got stupid classmates. You stress yourself over the limit to do well on the test because of everyone... Yes, that's how I define school.

On 6/2/2018 at 10:02 AM, BlackPony said:

Meanwhile I still have to suffer through High School. I hate it. It’s stressful and it’s making me anxious and miserable.

Really? Because I'm entering high school as well this year.

You're obviously still very young and naive. The point of school is to not teach you the subjects that you are taking, it is to teach you how to handle a workload, how to organize yourself to study for something, discovering your strengths and weaknesses. Let me put this in a way that's easy to understand.

Math - Supposed to help you solve problems methodically, trains your brain to think mathematically. Also very helpful for things like accounting, science, and a bunch of trade jobs. 

English - strengthens your vocabulary, grammar, and your understanding of the English language in general, I could think of numerous situations and jobs you would need this for.

History - Teaches you how to research things using resources that are at your disposal, also teaches you how to reference your work properly, which you'll use a lot if you're planning on going to college/university.

Science - Teaches how to document things. Teaches you how to be safe when around certain chemicals, and teaches you to be clean in the workplace.

Physical Education - keeps you fit, good for socializing with peers in an outside environment instead of you just sitting around on a phone all day.

friends in school, you'll have heaps of contacts because you'll be constantly around people your age. The school system is great at the moment, really effective, and really helpful for when you leave school too.

• Brohoof 1

I find school pretty boring. I do well in it, but I don't find any of the work engaging and I'll usually do other things to distract myself. It doesn't really help that I still have no idea on what I want to pursue.

I was homeschooled and later went to community college. Both experiences were...a very mixed bag. Early in my homeschooling, I absolutely hated it because I had...those kinds of parents who would abuse me if I wasn't up to their high standards (anything lower than a B on a test, instant belting and/or grounding). Later on though, that thankfully stopped and I got to do my work at my own pace, which I absolutely loved. At community college, I had a lot of fun at my writing, math, and computer classes, which I aced, but couldn't stand certain courses that were poorly run and practically had me sitting and waiting to get D's and F's. Whether school's cool for you or not always comes down to personal experience, how you were brought up and where you're at, but the fact will always remain that no matter what the form school and learning takes, it will always be essential.

(edited)
1 hour ago, Sondash Studios said:

Really? Because I'm entering high school as well this year.

This may not apply to you, but I’m just having stress problems in general. So for me, yes.

Edited by BlackPony

I graduated high school last week on a Saturday, so school was great for me only when I'm in public school. :love: I continuously study hard in school, relentlessly, to make good grades and even straight A's— I made all A's (90 or above) during my senior year in high school as I expected! :love:

Also, I don't like making trouble in school which I'm angered with physical aggression matters against staff when I make trouble. :okiedokieloki:

(edited)
11 hours ago, Rawzy said:

You're obviously still very young and naive. The point of school is to not teach you the subjects that you are taking, it is to teach you how to handle a workload, how to organize yourself to study for something, discovering your strengths and weaknesses. Let me put this in a way that's easy to understand.

Math - Supposed to help you solve problems methodically, trains your brain to think mathematically. Also very helpful for things like accounting, science, and a bunch of trade jobs. 

English - strengthens your vocabulary, grammar, and your understanding of the English language in general, I could think of numerous situations and jobs you would need this for.

History - Teaches you how to research things using resources that are at your disposal, also teaches you how to reference your work properly, which you'll use a lot if you're planning on going to college/university.

Science - Teaches how to document things. Teaches you how to be safe when around certain chemicals, and teaches you to be clean in the workplace.

Physical Education - keeps you fit, good for socializing with peers in an outside environment instead of you just sitting around on a phone all day.

friends in school, you'll have heaps of contacts because you'll be constantly around people your age. The school system is great at the moment, really effective, and really helpful for when you leave school too.

yes. But still ,not much time left for spending with the family. I've been to school. I know how it is. I barely had ANY time for myself.

Edited by Sondash Studios

I absolutely hated school. 

but not for the reason most people would expect.
I love to learn new things, and I liked some of my classes.

The reason I hate it is because I was abused by various teacher and staff all the way from second grade to seventh. I couldn't prove it because [several] teachers said I was lying and that I made it up to try and get out of school. I would come home with bruises and they'd say I'd been roughhousing or gotten into a fight with a student.
I was also bullied by just about everyone. I was the one you were supposed to avoid. if you were caught with me, you were bullied too.

The only place I felt safe was the library. but of course, in middle school, I got banned from the library because one of the teachers said I was going to the library to get out of her class.
If you don't know me, I love to read. I used to go through 2 to 4 books a day in middle school [granted, they were books like conspiracy 365, The 39 clues, Guardians of Ga'hool, ect.]
So, I was in there a lot.

I got banned and lost my safe place.

when I got to high school, I was no longer physical abused, but some staff had no problem letting me know how stupid I was.
My high school library was almost always closed because they could never keep a librarian for more than a week [for 4 years, y'all]

Again, I hated school. I hated the people in it.

I got through it. I graduated. I showed those fuckers they couldn't stop me after they tried so many times to make me quit.

Hopefully I'll be going to collage soon. hopefully it'll be better.

It depends on the classes I have. I really do love some classes, but I absolutely hate others. For me High School has always been that way, though even for classes I don't like, I still like the teachers teaching them, I don't think there's a single teacher I've ever had that I really truly didn't like. OK, well, there is one, but I'll be a Senior this next year and after that I'll never have to see that dumb teachers stupid face ever again. :okiedokieloki:

I liked Elementary School, it was fun because we did a lot of craft projects and we got to play outside on the playground, which as a little kid is always really fun, especially when my best friend was there. I feel indifferent about Middle School, it was OK, but God am I glad that's over :sunshower:

Oh well i liked this post XD

First yeah I really hate school and I know that shit will give me a job and I can just conform my self and try to learn at least enough to not be a completely dumb 

And well school only teache  how to get a job, and do it badly. It doesn't really prepares you for the important things in life 

I was a delinquent in school. I got failed to graduate middle school so i got kicked out. I barely graduated high school. Now i'm in college, oh boy... I'll be honest if there's one thing i miss it's the humor. College students are humorless slabs of paper.

Can't complain. It's neat to get an education and have something to do during the days - it gives my days a schedule so I don't have to just loaf around all the time. While some things are highly stressful and frustrating, I prefer going to school instead of just doing nothing. Maybe a suitable amount of education will make it easier to find a job in the future too.

On 6/1/2018 at 3:55 PM, Stone Cold Steve Tuna said:

I used to be just like you. I hated school with a fiery passion. Wait until you get into the real world. You will beg to go back to school. Life hasn't even begun to kick your ass yet.

This. The game hasn't even begun yet. You're all still in the tutorial. 

As for the topic, public school, especially in the US, is trash. It's too crowded, most teachers don't give a shit, and classes that teach you actual life skills (home ec, shop classes, workforce prep courses, etc.) are now few and far between. 

One thing I've pondered is cutting the school day in half and having some students come in at different times of day. Shorter classes would help with short attention spans. Quality over quantity. 

• Brohoof 1

As my nephew, Percy, told me about this topic "school sucks! You have to wake up super early, go to stupid classes, and eat trash!". I can see where he's coming from, infact if you do research, you can see that the American education system was built to teach children how to work at factories. Clearly not for the 21st century

I like school for the most part. It can get boring after awhile but if you find something you like, it is amazing.