Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What irrates you about yourself?

Reecejackox

The fact that I'm a perfectionist, so everything I do needs to be exactly the way I want to be. I have OCD as well, which makes that problem even worse. I've learnt to accept and learn from my mistakes over the years, so I have gotten a lot better with that luckily, but it's just one of those things that still irks me. :adorkable:

• Brohoof 1

17 hours ago, Cash In said:

The fact that I'm a perfectionist, so everything I do needs to be exactly the way I want to be. I have OCD as well, which makes that problem even worse. I've learnt to accept and learn from my mistakes over the years, so I have gotten a lot better with that luckily, but it's just one of those things that still irks me. :adorkable:

I understand how you feel. Being a perfectionist can be challenging because we always want things to be just right. It's even tougher when you have OCD, as it intensifies the desire for perfection. However, it's great to hear that you've learned to accept and grow from your mistakes. Over time, you've become better at handling these situations. Still, it's normal for certain things to bother us despite our progress. Just remember to be kind to yourself and acknowledge the progress you've made.

• Brohoof 1

18 hours ago, favoritandart said:

I understand how you feel. Being a perfectionist can be challenging because we always want things to be just right. It's even tougher when you have OCD, as it intensifies the desire for perfection. However, it's great to hear that you've learned to accept and grow from your mistakes. Over time, you've become better at handling these situations. Still, it's normal for certain things to bother us despite our progress. Just remember to be kind to yourself and acknowledge the progress you've made.

Very true. Sometimes it's all too easy to forget how far we've really come. :rarity:

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

That in the end. I cannot help but love myself above everything else, except perhaps for my mother. She gets me every single time I am mad at her. And how can you get mad at her? Really, she is like a girl. I love her so much. I love her too much, actually. But I made a promise to my grandpa, so... This is it. It hurts me still. But yeah. Everyone else, not a single damn given. And that is perhaps because I am a selfish bastard, because of how selfless I am. And that is the reason I hate myself so much. Because I love myself too much. And so on and so fort. But what I am doing, I do it for her. This shitty act, all that. It is all for her. To save the girl.

And now that I think that I am finally dying. Well, I want to go before she does. I could not bear seeing her leave. Meanwhile, I cannot let her go, either. Nor she wants to let me go. So, there it is again. How selfish I am. Nothing that can be done, really. Especially, because she sacrificed every single relationship in her life for me. But it couldn't be. It wasn't meant to be. At least not this time. But let me be honest, for once. Had we not been damaged, already. I would have gone all in. But that is just human nature. And I am the living proof that this is true, so we are not so different in the end. Different forms of the same.

Edited by They call me Loyalty

There's actually many things;
Easily influenced by others {manipulated etc}
Anxiety, depression, but the worst of all is accidentally hurting others with my pain - like.. outbursts that are out of my control.. even though it's been getting better, i think?
the pain and getting sick often,
My whole image {the way i look} because of having been bullied my self image is at zero 24/7 <3

but i'm glad aswell that i got to use my voice and open up with @Princess Silky & friends

• Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...

Anxiety is a BIG one then hearing voices, sounds or seeing things… doing random sign language in public or laughing like a dolphin… almost punching people sometime or giving hugs im so scared I’m gonna hug a complete stranger basically being myself in public. Also I’m fat. :awwthanks:

• Brohoof 2

I do sometime hate having inconsistent moods without a reason: it would just happen.- one day I’m fine or just normal and the next, my mood will go unhinged and I’d actually like it to be. But by the time it got “turned” off it leaves me feeling bad. It would be nice to keep my mood consistent. 

“So most of the times
I would say I'm a pretty bright person, uh
Easy to get along with, you know?
And most of the times, I do smile a lot, I reckon
But then you know, sometimes I'm, hmm, well

Sometimes I'm
I'm better left alone
Sometimes I'm
I'm waiting for you to go
Sometimes I'm
Just hoping that you would know
Sometimes I'm
I'm wondering, how did I get this

Gun to my head in the first place?
I'm doing just fine
I got myself in this rat race
Who cares about the time?
I'm breaking down to my old ways
Just falling out of line
I smile and tell you I'm okay
No, no, really“- DPR

My age and my stage in life. I shouldn't be a student anymore. I'm almost 30 but I've been plagued with bullcrap circumstances. I have to continue to see people younger than me live the life I wanted ages ago. I'm ***ing overdue but instead am over-debted. I feel like I've lost a good amount of years to this.

9 minutes ago, Savygriffs said:

The fact that I constantly worry that I'm annoying my friends whenever I talk to them. :/ 

Oh my gosh, same here. I have that same exact fear with my friends.

Edited by Magic Note

7 hours ago, Savygriffs said:

The fact that I constantly worry that I'm annoying my friends whenever I talk to them. :/ 

7 hours ago, Magic Note said:

Oh my gosh, same here. I have that same exact fear with my friends.

On 2023-09-12 at 9:20 PM, Sparklefan1234 said:

"What irrates you about yourself?"

I enjoy talking to my friends on MLP Forums so much but I worry every single time I start a conversation that I'm bothering them. :(

We all share the same irritating fear! :sunny:

• Hugs 1

On 2023-09-20 at 7:24 PM, DubWolf said:

My age and my stage in life. I shouldn't be a student anymore. I'm almost 30 but I've been plagued with bullcrap circumstances. I have to continue to see people younger than me live the life I wanted ages ago. I'm ***ing overdue but instead am over-debted. I feel like I've lost a good amount of years to this.

I feel this, too. But you can't change the circumstances you have been dealt with, and neither can I change mine. We can't change the years wasted. No matter what I do I still have years of school ahead of me, and I'm almost 35. It's frustrating, but... can't change the past. Those years are gone. but I, in my specific circumstances, have newfound joy for life going forward, because I learned that my issues that held me back for so many years weren't even significant, and now the dark cloud over my head is gone and I can live for the future for the first time in a decade and a half. That also means I'm a decade and a half behind so many others... But as I said, can't change that. I've spent too much time living in the past, so I won't live in the past of those wasted years, either.

Your circumstances are no doubt very different from mine, but I hope you can also let the past go and move forward.

• Brohoof 2