Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

web What irrates you about YouTube?

Reecejackox

Faces on every thumbnail. The quest to get attention. The "don't forget to like share and subscribe" line that shouldn't be needed. YouTube not helping its community. Ads. Automatic copyright strikes. No dislike counter.

That's all? :P No. I'll find more later.

• Brohoof 2

- Like, subscribe, and/or ring the bell (notifications)

- Clickbait thumbnails and titles

- Illogical copystrikes and copyright claims

- 2 ads and/or ads that are 10 seconds or more and un-skippable

That's what I can think of right now, as I'm sure there are much more things about YouTube that bothers me.

• Brohoof 1

I use adblocker, but once I watched a YT video on a STB (no adblocker), the ads annoyed me to no end. If there was no other way to avoid ads, I would probably record the Youtube videos I want to watch to a VHS tape just so that I could fast forward tough the ads.

"Don't forget to like, share and subscribe, and also turn on the notifications" - no thank you, I don't want to get bombarded by emails or other forms of notification just because a video is posted. Most of them are not time sensitive anyway, there is no difference is I watch today or in a week.

Videos getting taken down for whatever reason. This does not happen too frequently, but that means that I get complacent and do not download every video I watch, then I get annoyed when I find out that some video I want to rewatch got taken down.

The way comments are sorted which makes it rather difficult to have a meaningful discussion. 

Age restricting videos. Thankfully the download script can bypass the restriction. I am not providing Youtube with my ID.

The fact that Youtube tries to hide demonetized (by choice of the uploader or not) videos.

The reasons for why some videos get demonetized.

The censorship

Creators can only use swear words so often and have to be incredibly careful with words if they don’t want to get demonetized.

It’s ridiculous.

The thing that irritates me the most is when you have to scroll through the Youtubers stupid beginning or mid-video advertisements. 

"I know you want to keep watching this video but let me take a moment to tell you about..." SO irritating! :dry:

• Brohoof 1

You guys already covered most of it, just left out that videos made for YouTube kids can't be added to a playlist, I also respect the people that put their ads at the end of the video...

• Brohoof 1

COPPA

Literally killed dozens of comment sections because of faulty AI systems that should be human reviewed. YouTube is making us creators pay for their huge mistake. 

I'm glad YouTube is trying to make it a clean platform since I have a zero tolerance for profanity. 

Yes, ads are a huge pain, especially when I'm on mobile. 

• Brohoof 1

For a while I was reading the comments on every video I watched and I noticed a lot of them sound the same. That's OK, people have similar thoughts on similar topics. Then I encounter a comment that I have certainly read before. It has a whole life story to it (it isn't a meme copy-pasted). It seems authentic the first time it is read but when I see it months later on a different video, and this phenomenon happens at least three times with different comments and commenters, I lose trust that the whole section isn't just bots angling to persuade me.

The constant reminders to subscribe. Even the subtle little icons, animations, that are thrown in your face, to make you, do the only right choice.

You get this animation of a hand with a thumbs up, a mouse cursor, and it clicks the hand, and then moves over to the red subscribe button. It tells you, how to like and subscribe to this very video you are watching, because you are going to do it, right? Right??

Spoiler

subscribe.thumb.jpg.81e64168cd77234a9381507035f9523d.jpg

• Brohoof 1

- Obnoxious thumbnails really fucks with the algorithm promoting clickbait

- Autoflagging channels. Either it's flagging videos for adult content when there is none, or marking videos as for children just because it's animation. Really obvious no human being actually looks at them

- Algorithm promoting just the absolute worst people. Can't watch a video about Star Wars without getting bombarded by some loser screaming about TLJ

Edited by Megas
  • Brohoof 1

The last couple of videos I watched yesterday were trying to be clever with the “like share and subscribe” and was absolutely insane with Patreon supporter names over the entire screen.

This is YouTube right now. :yeahno: