Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

web What irrates you about YouTube?

Reecejackox

• 3 weeks later...
On 2022-10-08 at 11:14 PM, Sparklefan1234 said:

The thing that irritates me the most is when you have to scroll through the Youtubers stupid beginning or mid-video advertisements. 

"I know you want to keep watching this video but let me take a moment to tell you about..." SO irritating! :dry:

Agreed. I came here for a video not an ad for NordVPN or Stamp.com.

• Brohoof 3

@ggg-2 And here is what gets more trickier: Those YouTube videos have made you remember the exact sponsorship (their internet address/names) and now promote them here on the forum (free of charge, without you getting anything) :mlp_wat: You see how YouTube manages to infiltrate your own defenses towards those ads?

• Brohoof 1

Moments ago, PastelBread said:

Oh man I forgot about the spam bots!!! Those are also terrible!

Yea, the spammers who use the YouTuber's icon and try to fool you that you have won something in exchange for your credit card, those are just sad! I was hit by two of those replies last week.

• Brohoof 1

The politics of it.

Stupid awful/inappropriate censorship, the algorithm, and also demonetizing people wrongfully. I wish they had a competitor to make them work for people.

• Brohoof 1

On 2022-11-18 at 1:01 AM, Splashee said:

Ohoho! This one is a classic:

Trying to change volume with the keyboard keys, just to move the video time line instead :stressed::stressed:

Oh I DESPISE that! It happens to me all the time :angry:

Here's another thing that I've experienced: no longer does YouTube give you a five-second countdown before an ad starts. Nay, now it springs it on you out of nowhere. So I'm stuck being on my guard at all times in case an ad I DESPISE shows up. :okiedokieloki:

It won’t let you translate comments in the live chat. Some of us were asking for a YouTuber to allow the option for us to donate. One of the mods responded in the live chat but it’s in another language. It would be nice to know what the moderator said in response. It won’t let me copy and paste comments from the live chat either so I can’t even put it in a translator. 

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
(edited)

Nothing. Also, I don't watch much content anymore. I feel old, and I just saw what an otter is capable of doing to a baby seal the other day. There is no hope for this world.
Also, youtube is full of influencers. So, it is just another kind of war going on over there. It's all the same under a different skin. Always instigating and causing bother.

So, I hope they can at least reflect on their actions and pray to the Lord for sincere forgiveness. The good Lord. Jimmy Bong. Bringer of weed.

Edited by They call me Loyalty

The excessive amount of advertisements. I hate listening horses or relaxing music like Serenity from Fire Emblem Shadows of Valentina, only to be interrupted every minute with damn ads :Angry-zip:

• 3 months later...
16 minutes ago, Fluttershutter said:

So we all know by now that youtube is messing with the ad blockers.:angry:

Any ideas how to get around that?

I've been using uBlock Origin for a long time and haven't experienced any tomfoolery from YT. Ads get blocked and my experience isn't diminished. If I turn it off, then the ads come back, turn it on and all the ads are gone.