Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Shiny Pokemon Random Encounters

Gone Airbourne

..I've never encountered a shiny pokemon. You guys are extremely lucky. I don't know what I'd do if I encountered a shiny. I'd be like

"OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMIIIIIIIGAAWWWWD!"

I love random encounters so much! :3 I having been trying the masuda method for a shiny zangoose atm... @ like 600 something eggs to xD. Shiny zangoose is just beastly

Posted Image

I have been softresetting for shiny electrode in SS to...

Posted Image

I dont care for shinies that much. I really dont see the appeal in hunting them down. I could totally just hax them all anyway.

I have caught a few of them, not counting the red Gyrados in S/G/C. First one I can remember was a Sunkern in Crystal. And I also got a Timburr in White.

Zoroark looks absolutely amazing as a shiny! Its so awesome! Posted Image

Posted Image

Just look at this thing!

Its so BA!

Edited by Kirby
  • Brohoof 1

My first one was a Wurmple. Caught it when I was playing Sapphire at a restaurant. Later evolved it into a Beautifly.

In Leaf Green, I caught a shiny Raticate in Cinnibar Mansion.

Later on the same Sapphire game, I was searching for a shiny Swablu, and I actually succeeded! I've since evolved it.

The most amazing find was on Pearl. I'd beat the game by then, but was going through Victory Road for training. I encountered a shiny Steelix, and caught it. But later that same day, I aimed to get Magnezone in my Pokedex by training a Magneton in that one area you have to be in for Magneton or Nosepass to evolve. I did so by fishing with a Super Rod, and I ended up encountering a shiny Whiscash, which I caught.

On Heart Gold, I encountered a shiny Seviper... in the Safari Zone. I don't think I need to say what happened.

• Brohoof 1

When I was little I managed to find a "glittering" Tentacruel in either Yellow or Silver, I don't remember anymore. I am pretty sure that was that generation's shiny, but I can be wrong.

Still, I am really proud of managing to catch a glittering Tentacruel xD

Shiny Haunter in Silver, way back when.

Shiny Slugma in Ruby

Shiny Tentacool in Leaf Green

Shiny Koffing in Emerald via Breeding

Shiny Rayquaza in Emerald. Forced Shiny.

A couple Shiny Bidoofs in PLatinum.

Shiny Garchomp on PLatinum (GTS)

Shiny Unown in Platinum.

Shiny Kirlia in Platinum.

Shiny Deoxys in Platinum. (GTS).

Edited by Mare in the Moon
  • Brohoof 2

When I was little I managed to find a "glittering" Tentacruel in either Yellow or Silver, I don't remember anymore. I am pretty sure that was that generation's shiny, but I can be wrong.

Still, I am really proud of managing to catch a glittering Tentacruel xD

Probably was Silver. Shiny Pokemon weren't introduced until the second gen. (Gen I Pokemon could have the data corresponding to a shiny, but it isn't noticeable unless you trade them to a Gen II game)

Probably was Silver. Shiny Pokemon weren't introduced until the second gen. (Gen I Pokemon could have the data corresponding to a shiny, but it isn't noticeable unless you trade them to a Gen II game)

Thanks to clearing that out then :)

First shiny Pokemon I EVER saw, waaaaaaay back in the days of early Silver.

Posted Image

I didnt play much Pokemon back then, except Blue, and we ended up getting this guy by glitching the Time Capsule and trading [][][] 'M [][][] from Blue to Silver.

Well, I remember that when i was 7 I got my brand new copy of LeafGreen for the Gameboy, and after like 2 years or more of playing that awsome version, i was trying to get all the Unowns and a Shiny Meowth appeared, i wasn't sure if it was shiny because i wasn't paying attention (at that time i didn't know about the sparkles effect) So i tought it was cool, so, yeah i captured it and showed it to my friends. Also, 1 week later i found a freakin' gold spearow, I catched it and i think 3 years ago i found out what was a shiny pokemon, i felt very lucky!

• Brohoof 1

First legit shiny was a tentacool. Caught in my soul silver. He is so awesome, though I wished I did have a more useful pokemon for a shiny. Sorry Shiny. :(

I've played over 500 hours in Pokémon Sapphire and haven't found a single freaking one...! AUGH!

The only non-Gyarados one I encountered was in Diamond.

Posted Image

The plague of the sea has never looked so fabulous~!

• Brohoof 1

I've had one shiny encounter, in the original gold version game i came across a blue electrode in team rocket's hideout, the one in mahogany town, it then used self destruct :(

On the good old Gold too T.T! I'am current;y softresetting for one in my ss version & I made sure it did not have selfdestruct.

(edited)

LOLOMGWTFDAIRYQUEENBBQ I caught shiny growlithe in fire red!?!? GOIN TO CELADON TO BUY MEH FIRE STONE!!! WOOOOT!!!

DUDE That is so AWESOME!!! congrats! I HAVE to see a picture ASAP ;)! When did you catch it just now?!?!! that is so awesome man :D!! Edited by GoneAirbourne

(edited)

LOLOMGWTFDAIRYQUEENBBQ I caught shiny growlithe in fire red!?!? GOIN TO CELADON TO BUY MEH FIRE STONE!!! WOOOOT!!!

DUDE That is so AWESOME!!! congrats! I HAVE to see a picture ASAP ;)! When did you catch it just now?!?!! that is so awesome man :D!!

lol I was so happy I jumped in the air and dropped my gameboy I almost died but then I remember I saved whew!

That is so awesome & a shiny growlithe at that! you are so lucky :D!!!! Edited by GoneAirbourne

DUDE That is so AWESOME!!! congrats! I HAVE to see a picture ASAP ;)! When did you catch it just now?!?!! that is so awesome man :D!!

Its kind of late so im not gonna go looking for my phone but man im so happy I was walking through that little area protected by the cut trees to avoid trainers and I found it. I only had one three pokeballs with me though so I had to use clefairy to weaken it...

GONNA GET SHINY ARCANINE!!!

I might not evolve it this early though because I usually wait til level fourty before I use stones... Im so hyped right now I cant even explain I keep singing the lyrics from that one rocky song...

Im the best around! nothins ever gonna bring me down!

Im all like :D

Lol I think im gonna start soft reseting on pearl... Im guessing it will take about four days but it will be worth it Shiny giratina...

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Its kind of late so im not gonna go looking for my phone but man im so happy I was walking through that little area protected by the cut trees to avoid trainers and I found it. I only had one three pokeballs with me though so I had to use clefairy to weaken it...

GONNA GET SHINY ARCANINE!!!

I might not evolve it this early though because I usually wait til level fourty before I use stones... Im so hyped right now I cant even explain I keep singing the lyrics from that one rocky song...

Im the best around! nothins ever gonna bring me down!

Im all like :D

Lol I think im gonna start soft reseting on pearl... Im guessing it will take about four days but it will be worth it Shiny giratina...

You know while you caught that I was just softreseting for electrode on SS... ahh I can't wait xD! I'm trying to do at least 100 SR's per day so i do not burn out :) but once again brohoof's to your SHINY GROWLITHE :)!

Posted Image

Edited by GoneAirbourne

You know while you caught that I was just softreseting for electrode on SS... ahh I can't wait xD! I'm trying to do at least 100 SR's per day so i do not burn out :) but once again brohoof's to your SHINY GROWLITHE :)!

Posted Image

Ohhh man it looks like jolteon... on steroids!!

I wish there was a pokemon RP Im gonna make one!! I'll send a link here if any of you guys wanna join it...

PLEASE JOIN IT!!!

http://mlpforums.com/topic/27228-pokemon-s1-rp/

So basically what you do is pick seven pokemon from kanto/johto then order them from 1-7

number one will be your starter and the other six will be caught in order. All we have to do is pick a kanto city then get our starters

then go after the pokemon league trophy. (BTW the pokemon you choose can be from any region including the starter... oh and they dont have to be original starters they just have to be first evolution.)

I hope somepony joins this but if not I wont feel to bad.

Edited by SolarWind

played over 600 hours in White and I haven't found one yet

I found a shiny Sentret, Spinda, Caterpie, Ledyba, Drowzee, Can't remember any others, but the three last ones i listed were found in emulators. for some reason I keep on finding shiny pokemon in emulators more often than when I use my DS :angry:

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

After 800 soft resets I finally got shiny giratina. I also eveolved that shiny growlithe btw :D now im after shiny ponyta but thats the hard... After that im gonna get shiny scyther/porygon from game corner!

• Brohoof 1