Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My Little Dashie Original Music

Derpy Dash

So today I finished my very first original song, which I decided to make as a tribute to my favorite fan fiction, My Little Dashie.

I was originally going to make it a PMV, but decided to just keep it as a song.

I titled it "Not A Mare Of Many Words"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldXU6XJXTyw

Now, if this song were to be put over the story, it would begin right after Dashie and the others disappear from Dad's house. He walks around to find all evidence of Dashie gone, then goes to the photo album. He finds and reads Dashie's farewell note when the piano part starts. after he reads the note, he puts it back in the book, and turns the page to see a filly Dashie smiling back at him. This is where the song ends.

Please leave some feedback for me, as this is the very first song I wrote on my own.

Thanks for listening!

~Derpy Dash

Made with Reaper and Sony Vegas

• Brohoof 4

It is. It really is. It was incredibly painful to read, in much the same way that one of the most loving sensations you'll ever experience is holding your own child in your arms, which, oddly, is pretty much what the story is about at the best and the worst of times.

Thank you for sharing, Derpy Dash. It's always nice to have little reminders of such a monumental experience.

• Brohoof 1

It is. It really is. It was incredibly painful to read, in much the same way that one of the most loving sensations you'll ever experience is holding your own child in your arms, which, oddly, is pretty much what the story is about at the best and the worst of times.

Thank you for sharing, Derpy Dash. It's always nice to have little reminders of such a monumental experience.

Thank you for that. :)

I hate it when people say that My Little Dashie is overrated and not sad at all, to me it's not just a story and means so much more.

It scares me a little bit when people go into something without allowing themselves to experience the full intentions behind that project. To read My Little Dashie but close yourself off, it becomes an entirely different experience. It's like warping straight to the last level of a video game, turning on god mode, .. "There. Done. WTF was that? That was horrible!"

I also wish everyone luck who is making a fan movie of the experience.

Thank you for that. :)

I hate it when people say that My Little Dashie is overrated and not sad at all, to me it's not just a story and means so much more.

I personalty didn't read the story all the way... I already been told the ending and never really took the chance to read it all the way. Its not overrated but I can't get myself to really give it more of a chance to finish it myself sad stories aren't my cup of tea I might be able to not stop thinking about it for weeks.

Emotional as I am sometimes I prefer not to continue.

*Reads My Little Dashie

*Cries myself to sleep

*Thinks that I finally kinda got over it, maybe

*Finds this

*Cries

*Cries some more

Seriously though, that fanfic id the best one I've read. Great tribute to it man, I love the song. It really captured the moment how I imagined it. :,)

I also wish everyone luck who is making a fan movie of the experience.

Speaking of that, I found this while searching 'My Little Dashie' on Google. Thought I'd share it.

Posted Image

Turns out this actually is legit, and they're down to post-production. Apparently all they have left is to animate Dashie.

I'm gonna cry so hard when I watch it.

(edited)

*Reads My Little Dashie

*Cries myself to sleep

*Thinks that I finally kinda got over it, maybe

*Finds this

*Cries

*Cries some more

Seriously though, that fanfic id the best one I've read. Great tribute to it man, I love the song. It really captured the moment how I imagined it. :,)

Speaking of that, I found this while searching 'My Little Dashie' on Google. Thought I'd share it.

Posted Image

Turns out this actually is legit, and they're down to post-production. Apparently all they have left is to animate Dashie.

I'm gonna cry so hard when I watch it.

Holy.. crap...

I cannot wait for this...

Even though I know I will cry, I cannot wait.

And thanks for the feedback. :)

EDIT: Just did some research on the movie, and found out that they are nearly finished with the final draft of the script and the production is on schedule. :)

Edited by Derpy Dash

• 2 weeks later...

I love this song!!!

I never read the fanfitson before, but the song still made me want to cry! Send a link to my profile, please!

Edited by AppleandDashFan247

This song is absolutely beautiful! I love the piano in this song and even though I haven't read the fanfic (I will after hearing this song) I can gather the mood and atmosphere of the moment you are trying to capture! Keep up the good work! :)

This song is absolutely beautiful! I love the piano in this song and even though I haven't read the fanfic (I will after hearing this song) I can gather the mood and atmosphere of the moment you are trying to capture! Keep up the good work! :)

Thanks! I'm already working on writing a new song, and also me and my friend are rewriting Rainbow Factory by WoodenToaster to play together (Piano, Trumpet, Clarinet, Bass, Violin) Gonna be soo awesome! :wub:
  • Brohoof 1

Very nice, especially for a first song. Always good to see media being done to bring out emotions from stories or art into the audible realm. Good job :3

Very nice, especially for a first song. Always good to see media being done to bring out emotions from stories or art into the audible realm. Good job :3

Thanks. :) I hope to improve my writing skills as time goes on, maybe make some more elaborate stuff with more than 2 voices.

Thank you for listening and leaving some feedback!

Also congrats on becoming a brony :D

• Brohoof 1

Thanks! I'm already working on writing a new song, and also me and my friend are rewriting Rainbow Factory by WoodenToaster to play together (Piano, Trumpet, Clarinet, Bass, Violin) Gonna be soo awesome! :wub:

I can't wait man! It sounds like its going to be really awesome :wub: ! I will just have to sit and wait now :)

i cant wait fo the movie. the fanfic was seriously amazing and it was the first thing that got me close to crying in my whole life when it comes to sad stories. good job on the music.