Pinkamena- Cupcakes Song

BookWorm

FAIR WARNING: "Cupcakes" related material.

I feel like this has been done somewhere before, but I couldn't resist writing it anyway. In the spoiler box is a parody of the Pinkie Pie smile song rewritten to fit Pinkamena. I hesitated to post this, and I feel like no amount of "WARNING: CUPCAKES" signs are enough but I also put too much work into it to not share it. So... LOOK OUT IT'S CUPCAKES! BETTER WATCH YOUR SIX, 'CAUSE THE CUPCAKES ARE ON THE LOOSE! MY EYES! THE CUPCAKES! OHHHHHH NOOOOOO, IT'S CUPCAKES TIME! I SCREAM, YOU SCREAM, WE ALL SCREAM FOR CUP... SCREAM... CUP... CAKES! Hey, I just joined steam and my user name is so cool, wanna know it? It's bongobananza1213! ... WITH CUPCAKES!

:blush:also, um... I need to tell you, if you don't mind... there's, uh... there's cupcakes material... MEEP!

It's really not that bad; I just want to keep this away from people who might have their perception of Pinkie Pie ruined... again. Anyway, here it is. I hope you like it! Well, not in the sense that... just... DISTRACTION! (Disappears in cloud of smoke).

Pinkamena- Cupcakes Song (Come on Everypony Die, Die, Die)

My name is Pinkamena (Hello?!)

And I am here to say (Where are you?!)

I’m gonna make some cupcakes out of all of your rema-aaains!

It doesn’t matter now (Come on, now!)

If you can run or hide (Howdy!)

‘Cause chopping up my friends is just what I am here to do!

‘Cause I love to slice you wide, wide, wide!

Yes I do.

It fills my heart with sunshine all the while!

Yes it does.

‘Cause all I really need’s a butcher knife

For these happy friends of mine!

I like to hear you scream (Awesome!)

I love to see you bleed (Rock on!);

The mixture of your blood and tears

Is Pinkamena’s dream (hoof-bump!).

But if you are a fighter

And you refuse to shout

I’ll work real hard and do my best

To turn that tough frown inside out!

‘Cause I love to cut your face, face, face!

Yes I do.

Carve it up from ear to ear, and leave no trace!

Just give me all that pretty face, face, face

And you’ll fill me with good cheer!

It’s true; some days are dark and lonely

And maybe you feel sad

But Pinkamena will prove to you that it isn’t that bad;

There’s one thing that makes me happy

And makes my whole life worth while

And that’s when I get a new victim and make them die!

I really am so happy

Your death fills me with glee;

I give a knife, I take a life

And that’s so special to me.

‘Cause I love to make you bleed, bleed, bleed!

Yes I do.

Tell me, what more can I say to make you see

That I do.

It makes me happy when you bleed, bleed, bleed

Yes it always makes my day!

Come on everypony die, die, die!

Fill my heart up with sunshine, sunshine!

All I really need’s a batch of cupcakes

Of these happy friends of mine!

Come on everypony die, die, die!

Fill my heart up with sunshine, sunshine!

All I really need’s a batch of cupcakes

Of these happy friends of mine!

Yes a perfect gift for me (come on everypony die, die, die)

Is a helpless, stranded pony (fill me heart up with sunshine, sunshine)

To make me happy as can be (All I really need’s a batch of cupcakes…)

Die, die, die, die, die!

Come on and die!

Come on and die!

Edited by BookWorm
  • Brohoof 2

Half of what I say is meaningless, but I say it so that the other half may reach you.

I love this song. I have been known to enjoy the darker side of this fandom, such as the ask paranoid twilight or ask lil miss rarity tumblrs. This needs to be set up with some legit music and a good singer. Shame I can't do either...

• Brohoof 1

a>

Nice work man! It fits so well! The one thing that stood out to me is this line: "I give a knife, I get a life". Maybe "I get a knife, I take a life", it just seems to make a little more sense. Otherwise, really good job!

Is it bad if I sung this while reading and listening to the original song?

• Brohoof 1

7Crdz3K.png

I love this song. I have been known to enjoy the darker side of this fandom, such as the ask paranoid twilight or ask lil miss rarity tumblrs. This needs to be set up with some legit music and a good singer. Shame I can't do either...

Thank you! I'm glad you like it. Singing it would be easy with a karaoke version of the smile song and a good singer. I'd be so happy if someone actually did that.

Nice work man! It fits so well! The one thing that stood out to me is this line: "I give a knife, I get a life". Maybe "I get a knife, I take a life", it just seems to make a little more sense. Otherwise, really good job!

Is it bad if I sung this while reading and listening to the original song?

Thank you! I made the line "I give a knife, I get a life" to mirror the original ("I give a smile, I get a smile"), but I see how saying take instead of get would make more sense. I'll make that change. Also, as to singing it to the original, I'm actually glad it fit well enough to do that. It's a great feeling when something I write is interactive on that kind of level.

Half of what I say is meaningless, but I say it so that the other half may reach you.

Thank you! I made the line "I give a knife, I get a life" to mirror the original ("I give a smile, I get a smile"), but I see how saying take instead of get would make more sense. I'll make that change. Also, as to singing it to the original, I'm actually glad it fit well enough to do that. It's a great feeling when something I write is interactive on that kind of level.

Welcome ^~^

It only has a few kinks (or it could just be my bad singing lol. Im no singer.) to it, otherwise it does indeed fit really well. Mostly when saying "Pinkamena" instead of "Pinkie" or "Pinkie Pie".

• Brohoof 1

7Crdz3K.png

Even though i sometimes do enjoy the darker side of the fandom that doesn't mean im not left disturbed sometime (Yes im talking about Cupcakes the movie The Rainbow Factory and the .MOV series)

So I'm guessing this was no exception? Anyway, that's not only completely understandable it's also part of the desired effect. Stories like Cupcakes have always been around to creep people out, like ghost stories and H.P. Lovecraft. If I read this to someone and got no reaction then I either did a bad job writing or my dear friend has a few mental issues to sort out. Anyway, thank you for reading it!

Welcome ^~^

It only has a few kinks (or it could just be my bad singing lol. Im no singer.) to it, otherwise it does indeed fit really well. Mostly when saying "Pinkamena" instead of "Pinkie" or "Pinkie Pie".

Yeah, it still bugs me that I had to use Pinkamena even though it's one syllable too long. Using "Pinkie Pie" would undermine the effect of the song, though. That, and I'd like to keep Pinkie Pie and Pinkamena as mutually exclusive characters in my mind. Even though Pinkamena evolved from Pinkie Pie she has really become her own character in a way. Pinkie Pie is adorable, and would never kill anyone. Pinkamena, on the other hand... well, she's a whole different batch of cupcakes.

Besides the issue with Pinkamena being too long, what are the other kinks? I may be able to find a way to reword it to make it fit better. Also, I say this a lot, but thank you for your critique. Your tips and comments help me make my work 20% cooler.

• Brohoof 2

So I'm guessing this was no exception? Anyway, that's not only completely understandable it's also part of the desired effect. Stories like Cupcakes have always been around to creep people out, like ghost stories and H.P. Lovecraft. If I read this to someone and got no reaction then I either did a bad job writing or my dear friend has a few mental issues to sort out. Anyway, thank you for reading it!

Yeah, it still bugs me that I had to use Pinkamena even though it's one syllable too long. Using "Pinkie Pie" would undermine the effect of the song, though. That, and I'd like to keep Pinkie Pie and Pinkamena as mutually exclusive characters in my mind. Even though Pinkamena evolved from Pinkie Pie she has really become her own character in a way. Pinkie Pie is adorable, and would never kill anyone. Pinkamena, on the other hand... well, she's a whole different batch of cupcakes.

Besides the issue with Pinkamena being too long, what are the other kinks? I may be able to find a way to reword it to make it fit better. Also, I say this a lot, but thank you for your critique. Your tips and comments help me make my work 20% cooler.

Totally sorry for taking so long to reply, I fell asleep XD

"‘Cause now you’re in my basement and I’m plotting your demise." - This feels really odd to sing to the tune. Possible change could be: "'Cause chopping up my friends is just what I am here to do.".

"Burst it out from ear to ear, and leave no trace!" - I know it follows the song, but "Cut it off from ear to ear--" would just make more sense. It's not an extreme problem or anything, but I just thought I would bring it up.

"I like to see you bleed (Rock on!);" - A really small thing, but could say "I love to see you bleed" just to follow the original a little closer.

"But Pinkamena will go prove to you it isn’t that bad;" - Hard to fit within the timing of the original, well, for me atleast. I managed to get this to fit and feels a tad bit better to me: "But Pinkamena will prove to you that it isn’t that bad;". Again, that's just me and my weirdness acting up.

I do believe that is everything.

• Brohoof 1

7Crdz3K.png

hey this is cool :D

especially seen as cupcakes was one of if not the first thing i saw from the fandom, anything to do with it has a special meaning ><

• Brohoof 1

CW0AMZO.jpg?1?4895

Have ANY questions about Christianity? INBOX ME!         

Totally sorry for taking so long to reply, I fell asleep XD

"‘Cause now you’re in my basement and I’m plotting your demise." - This feels really odd to sing to the tune. Possible change could be: "'Cause chopping up my friends is just what I am here to do.".

"Burst it out from ear to ear, and leave no trace!" - I know it follows the song, but "Cut it off from ear to ear--" would just make more sense. It's not an extreme problem or anything, but I just thought I would bring it up.

"I like to see you bleed (Rock on!);" - A really small thing, but could say "I love to see you bleed" just to follow the original a little closer.

"But Pinkamena will go prove to you it isn’t that bad;" - Hard to fit within the timing of the original, well, for me atleast. I managed to get this to fit and feels a tad bit better to me: "But Pinkamena will prove to you that it isn’t that bad;". Again, that's just me and my weirdness acting up.

I do believe that is everything.

Alright, thanks for your advice. I'll make those changes as well. I may not use the exact wording, but it'll be close to what you suggested. Here's an extra bro-hoof for all your help as well! /) I almost offered you a cupcake until I remembered the context of this thread.

hey this is cool :D

especially seen as cupcakes was one of if not the first thing i saw from the fandom, anything to do with it has a special meaning ><

Thank you! I must say, though, that Cupcakes was probably the worst way to get introduced to the fandom, ever. Like "Hey, you should check out the brony community, they're awesome people!"

"Alright!"

Turns on internet machine: "Pinkamena wants to make you a cupcake!"

But it's not like I can claim a different story, since my introduction to the fandom was the .MOV series, so it's all good. And I'm glad you liked my parody, as well. Thank you for commenting!

How fiting that the young Pinkamena would get a lovely llttle song for herself. O but how is she to know if you don't tell her how bout you head over to her tumblr and give it to her i'm sher she'll move you done the list for it...

I myself did enjoy I do hope that you may make other songs for the other yes...

• Brohoof 1

How fiting that the young Pinkamena would get a lovely llttle song for herself. O but how is she to know if you don't tell her how bout you head over to her tumblr and give it to her i'm sher she'll move you done the list for it...

I myself did enjoy I do hope that you may make other songs for the other yes...

Pinkamena has a tumblr? I'll go check that out. Thanks for mentioning it!

lol what the heck? That's really good actually, nicely written and good for a dark-humored laugh. :lol:

Thank you! I was worried people would get offended. It's cool that people are enjoying it, instead.