music ambient track i made a couple of months ago

termenchecks

http://soundcloud.com/zylomafoni/while-the-neighbors-were-gone

the original mp3 file is 24 minutes long and if i decided to shorten it down on any program then my computer would crash since it's so big. so i decided to make a "field recording" of it in my room and that actually improved it alot.
(yeah i got nowhere else to post this.)

edit: just noticed that it's very silent. you might have to turn up the volume. Edited by anonymstol
  • Brohoof 1

Reminds me of the hangar music from MGS: Peace Walker.

Good stuff man. Although that ringing in the background hurts my head.

Here, listen to this. This is what I was talking about.

Edited by Kestrel

Although that ringing in the background hurts my head.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZkbdhrJKB4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

ringing? do you mean the static fuzzing? personally i love it. it gives the song much more personality.

No, not the fuzzy, I like that too. I meant the ringing. Like the sound when you get hit in the head REALLY hard. Maybe it's just the recording.

No, not the fuzzy, I like that too. I meant the ringing. Like the sound when you get hit in the head REALLY hard. Maybe it's just the recording.

i have no idea what your talking about man. but yeah it's most likely the microphone. although i like to make REALLY high frequencies (about the same pitch in the flutes they use on dogs) with my synth and put it in some songs just for the hell of it.

This is really calming. It reminds me of a series of fascinating albums done by Dr. Jeffrey Thompson with ambient music designed to stimulate the brain in different ways. Dr. Jeffrey Thompson maps brainwaves of patients in various states of mind and converts the maps into inaudible pulses of sound. The theory is that, when embedded into ambient tracks, the brain will pick up on the pulses and mimic them. He has albums for everything from delta wave sleep to meditation. The ambient style of those tracks sounds a lot like what you did, so it's probably worth a look (if not for the theory, then for the music).

This is really calming. It reminds me of a series of fascinating albums done by Dr. Jeffrey Thompson with ambient music designed to stimulate the brain in different ways. Dr. Jeffrey Thompson maps brainwaves of patients in various states of mind and converts the maps into inaudible pulses of sound. The theory is that, when embedded into ambient tracks, the brain will pick up on the pulses and mimic them. He has albums for everything from delta wave sleep to meditation. The ambient style of those tracks sounds a lot like what you did, so it's probably worth a look (if not for the theory, then for the music).

i actually got inspiration from (myself) jean michel jarre (geometry of love album) and steve roach. but i will deffineatly check that guy out. i love it when artists does something interesting with their tracks other than just make music.