Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Best way to make a presentation about bronies

YoureDown

I've been planning to make a presentation to my class about the show and the brony community, and I have been granted the option to do one soon. I've looked at some of those that exist already, but I want some advice on how you recommend showing them the show, and the fandom. They already know I'm into MLP:FIM, but they dont know anything about it. they have only seen me go onto EQD or play some music at times.

• Brohoof 4

Well, can I ask, what's the subject? Like is it a media class? Either way, just talk about the community, and don't mention the show, unless it's related to the community. I recommend showing them some art, some iconic fanfics, and then the more insane brony projects. Then compare them to other fandoms and show that you're exactly alike, so there's no need to kill us for watching the show.

• Brohoof 5

Well, can I ask, what's the subject? Like is it a media class? Either way, just talk about the community, and don't mention the show, unless it's related to the community. I recommend showing them some art, some iconic fanfics, and then the more insane brony projects. Then compare them to other fandoms and show that you're exactly alike, so there's no need to kill us for watching the show.

Well, you will be surprised, but I was allowed to do it in citizenship class. well, the teacher wanted me to also bring up a question to the class, something that can cause a debate or discussion about something "higher" than just the topic, which can bring us to talking about maybe social norms, or stuff like that.

Usually, when I make a presentation , I always try to make my public laugh. It's the best way to keep their attention and make it interesting.

Anyway, since the show had a reputation of being "girly" before, I'd show the transformation it had by comparing a scene from the older generations to the new one or something like that and afterwards about the impact it had on society. Maybe sparking a debate about the trascendence of common male stereotypes (Men don't watch girly stuff and such)

I'll refer to this video (maybe it's not a presentation about a social theme but it's worth watching)

• Brohoof 5

I'd also start by showing them a scene or two from the old series' and then comparing it to the new one.

You could then go into explaining what a brony is, why they watch the show and then maybe discuss what stereotypes follow bronies (eg. they're feminine, anto-social etc.) and our beliefs, philosophies and all that.

Show them how creative we are by showing them fanart and maybe a few pmvs. I'd definitely bring up one of the many documentaries that are being made (or have been made) about us (Bronycon the documentary, Ballad of the brony, Music is magic).

Finally, make it clear that we have a special bond (as fans) with the creators of the show and that they have mentioned us and have done many things just for us.

Anyway, that's all I can think of now.... good luck with your presentation!

• Brohoof 1

Thank you everyone who replied to my original post. I will use your feedback in order to make the presentation as good as possible. Now for the time limits, I will have around half an hour, so if I'm going to add PMV's I will have to see about short ones, and will probably only be able to link to ballad of the brony etc...

If anyone wants to help me in the presentation, by posting links here, adding some lines I should say or anything else that I should keep in mind, post it here, after all, its about us, and I want it to be done as good as I can possibly make it.

Well I would put in there somewhere in your presentation a viewpoint from their shoes like, "Alright, I know what you are thinking. My Little Pony? Isn't that a little girl's doll?" then go from there.

Well I would put in there somewhere in your presentation a viewpoint from their shoes like, "Alright, I know what you are thinking. My Little Pony? Isn't that a little girl's doll?" then go from there.

Yeah, thats exactly what I had in mind. I actually thought about starting with a pretty awesome PMV, and then talking to them in a humorous way.

Well it has to do with the subject make it realted something like Agrument for why my little pony is not just for little girls and use the bronies as a comminuty also be papprerd for laughter

I'm even more than prepared for laughter. I will probably laugh myself from the situation lol.

Presentation status: page 1 and 2 done. :D

Good luck with the whole thing. PMVs are always a good place to start. Got any specific one in mind?

Also, is it going to be recorded or anything? I'd love to see how it turns out.

Good luck with the whole thing. PMVs are always a good place to start. Got any specific one in mind?

Also, is it going to be recorded or anything? I'd love to see how it turns out.

Well, I was thinking of a PMV that I found yesterday on EQD. not anything too special, but uses a pretty known song over here.

http-~~-//youtu.be/BNyt89eTMWg

Any other suggestions?

And I plan on somehow recording it. hope the teacher allows me.

the video

Yes, that´s the best presentation ever. It inspired me to make a pony biology-related presentation.

Make the presentation funny, entertaining, and not too serious. You can use some of the stereotypes like "Bronies are considered to be fat, anti-social, gay, old guys but hey, look at me! I´m a sexy ladies man, a party animal!" <= ok that´s maybe too much but we understand each other, right? ;DA

About the video: THIS one is epic enough. ;)

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrTBgTCs-Ew

Edited by Suntouched Coco
  • Brohoof 1

Well, I was thinking of a PMV that I found yesterday on EQD. not anything too special, but uses a pretty known song over here.

http-~~-//youtu.be/BNyt89eTMWg

Any other suggestions?

And I plan on somehow recording it. hope the teacher allows me.

A few presentations on youtube use AlexS' glitch remix of the MLP intro for their introduction.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=2R677MV--WI

The PMV you picked though also looks great.

EDIT: I second the awesome trailer posted above. It's freaking EPIC!

Edited by Demiurge

A few presentations on youtube use AlexS' glitch remix of the MLP intro for their introduction.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=2R677MV--WI

The PMV you picked though also looks great.

EDIT: I second the awesome trailer posted above. It's freaking EPIC!

Yeah, had that in mind aswell, though im not sure if the glitch remix whould open it, but it will be in there somewhere.

Yes, that´s the best presentation ever. It inspired me to make a pony biology-related presentation.

Make the presentation funny, entertaining, and not too serious. You can use some of the stereotypes like "Bronies are considered to be fat, anti-social, gay, old guys but hey, look at me! I´m a sexy ladies man, a party animal!" <= ok that´s maybe too much but we understand each other, right? ;DA

About the video: THIS one is epic enough. ;)

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrTBgTCs-Ew

Wow. That will probably be what ill use at the end. gives a nice and action filmy feel. By the way, I have to sub to that guy now.

hmmmm my guess, the only thing you MUST have is confidence and SWAG! without those your presetation would be pretty average. Now for support content, you obviously need a power point, but use as least text as possible, and use images of ponies macros to support your presentation, that's fun, straightforward and easy to understand.

Support yourself on images, gifs and videos, short videos, use short video clips of the best scenes of the show to support your theory, and involve the audience, ask questions to them, and you see that they will be hooked XD

So I have an idea of what I want it to be, finally. now, If anyone can help me gather the best songs/PMV's/anything else that exists and is related to ponies, I would greatly appreciate it. Anything Alex S./tombstone/archie is welcome, simgretina and others are also awesome.

By the way, tombstone lives in my country (Israel), so if you can suggest something that would be best to show to non-bronies by him, it would be awesome.

I would give a brief summary on the show, then go into who the characters are. Then talk about the community, such as the history of it and stuff.

this depends in what kind of approach he wants to give into the presentation, he said it was about bronies, so I think it should be focused on the phonomenom :/

characters can be aboarded too, but I has to be kind of brief.

As far as music goes, I'd suggest you show them a bit of everything to show how diverse we are.

Show them some Tombstone (I'd say "September" or "Octavia's overture". Maybe even "dubstep dishwasher")

Mandopony ("Loyalty", "Rainbow Dash's Theme" and "A long way from Equestria" are my favorites)

WoodenToaster ("Beyond her garden" and "Love me Cherilee")

SimGretina ("At the gala 20% cooler remix)

Omnipony ("Time is running out" and "Clouds")

Forest Rain ("Trixie", "Memory Lane", "Join the Herd")

MicTheMicrophone ("Nightmare Night", "Beyond her tomb", "Sonic rhyme-boom")

There are many more but these were the ones that came to mind. Basically you want as much variety as you can fit in.

As for PMVs and other videos, I can't really remember any specific ones but TheMovieBrony (http://www.youtube.com/user/TheMovieBrony/videos?flow=grid&view=0) has a bunch of videos containing the top 10 pony videos of each month. I'm sure you can find something there.

this depends in what kind of approach he wants to give into the presentation, he said it was about bronies, so I think it should be focused on the phonomenom :/

Agreed. I would love to make it about the show more, but my teacher will not approve that, so I am doing it about the sub-culture and its effects and social norms.

Yeah I guess your right. I was thinking about most of these presentations I've seen they give brief descriptions of characters.
  • Brohoof 1

Agreed. I would love to make it about the show more, but my teacher will not approve that, so I am doing it about the sub-culture and its effects and social norms.

I agree, you should focus more on the community, why? you would give us a good name, and change your classmates perspectives if they were negative, besides, you could convert a few ones into bronies :P

wear a pony shirt with a suit :)

Theres too much good music too fit! remember, this is a presentation, cant be long. max length that i can plan on is half an hour. I could talk about it for hours, showing different songs, but I need to somehow choose only some. Bronies, why are we so amazing?!

Well, one thing I will be able to say at the end of the presentation, is that I enjoyed every second making the presentation.

I agree, you should focus more on the community, why? you would give us a good name, and change your classmates perspectives if they were negative, besides, you could convert a few ones into bronies :P

wear a pony shirt with a suit :)

Sadly, the school requires us to wear uniforms. so no pony shirts. and I sure hope that I will be able to show people how awesome bronies are. But I dont like the "convert" term. It isnt like turning someone into an undead minion. He's realizing something worth realizing. I think enlightening is a better term, wont you agree?

• Brohoof 1