Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My first Pony art with Drawing Tablet. Thoughts?

Trixiefan

Hey Everypony!

I just bought a new bamboo tablet and thought i might try a pic for you. It is from the Episode "the secret of my excess" and the actual drawing is of spike's sapphire cupcake :D any feedback. I am not a great artist and haven't tried to use my laptop to draw before XD

post-8341-0-76444000-1347738764.png

• Brohoof 7

I think a little more care could get you places as I'm seeing little lines between the darkest, and the nest darkest shades you used.

Edited by Pix3M
  • Brohoof 1

Damn you made me hungry! Haha it looks really good. Have you made alot of art before you had a tablet? It looks like you have :P

Good work!

• Brohoof 1

Ok i will answer questions!

First from Pix3m: Well i guess i should improve on that i'll take it into consideration on my next drawing XD

Ok now Devious Detonation: I have a really weird method XD i draw a frame in Cs6 flash and use windows snip tool to paste it into a .png file. Basically i use flash for the brushes that smooth cos they really help :P

Then from Mr Nibblers (cool name BTW) I havent done any other art i got this because i thought it would be a good skill to have in life to be able to draw on a computer not just paper and canvas

Ok that seems to sum up thanks for the Feedback XD

Yours Cool-ly

Trixiefan

Wow i like it alot actually if you dont mind me asking what program that is too. Im trying to get into drawing ponies aswell but i cant draw in real life so on comptuer like photoshop or illstartor would be really good for me

Wow i like it alot actually if you dont mind me asking what program that is too. Im trying to get into drawing ponies aswell but i cant draw in real life so on comptuer like photoshop or illstartor would be really good for me

Ok well i reccomend you start off simple. Get to grips with Microsoft paint ( i had too and it looked awful) but then maybe try Paint tool SAI or GIMP (don't laugh XD) either of those are ok then if you get really good purchase Illustrator like you said. See how you go :P

Trixiefan

Haha, this is cute, I loved Spike's cupcake. The best cupcake.

This is pretty good for your first try. :D

I hope I see more from you, this is pretty nice.