Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Good prices for art commissions?

Ad Foedera Cresco

To frankly put it, I'm wondering if I should start setting a pricing on art commissions for future works? (for when I get a graphics tablet) If I were to set a price for commissions right now, I wouldn't want it to be too high because I only can photo edit.

Do you guys think I should start setting a price on Art commissions? I'm still insure on the subject and need some feedback if you'd please :)

Here's an example of what I could do with vectors or anything people give me to edit for them:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm thinking prices should go from

Cell shading: $1 (80 points)

Soft shading: $3 (240 points)

Soft shading & Lighting: $5 (400 points)

Soft shading & Lighting W/ reflective lighting & hair: $10? $7? (800 points, 640 points)

I can add the backgrounds and all that too like my picture, :) This is mainly for when I get a graphics tablet for custom art, unless right now'd be good too. I don't want to be cheap ^_^

Edited by Ad Foedera Cresco
  • Brohoof 1

mmm I've had difficulty setting prices myself from time to time. A good method is to try it out and see what works set a price you think is reasonable and see how much work you get. If you don't get enough work either the price is too high or the work is simply not in demand. If you get swamped with work raise the price little by little till you get something you can manage.

• Brohoof 1