ooc [OOC, Signups Closed] Train Ride Headed West (On hold)

Ganaram Inukshuk

I do recall Ganaram saying something about disregarding the two-post rule when the activity is low... Makes enough sense to me. :B

Anyway, I believe the Manehatten group better wait for @AnonyPoni to catch up now since all the attention was brought to that bad guy of his.

Sorry I've been really busy and haven't been able to post. Not to mention my new computer getting destroyed today.

Anyway, it'll try to post a bit later today.

At this rate I'll be typing on my tablet :P

• Brohoof 2

Fortunately by tonight, I'll have a much better computer to use, and that'll be the final laptop I ever have to use.

A few notes:

- I had specifically stated that the two-post rule can be disregarded when there's not enough activity or if there's not enough people at the moment. A two-way conversation falls under that exception, as with a two-way conversation that's planned ahead of time.

- I had drawn up a diagram last night illustrating where everypony is in their respective cars, not that it would matter (not).

- (Yes, that was a double negative.)

- I'm still not hearing everyone's opinion on who should be the leader: Me, motion, or a group of us.

- Speaking of planning ahead of time, we've been stuck ion day 1 of the RP for months, and we have lost our sense of RP-time. Unless one of our characters is a night owl, do you wanna plan out the remaining hours of RP day 1 in some semblance of detail such that we know what to do and we don't have to be stuck like this all the time?

What is the current RP time right now, 13:00~14:00 more or less? The characters left Canterlot shortly after having breakfast, wasn't it? And we were even planning on having the Manehatten group to have to sleep in Manehatten (though that part can be disconsidered, if anything), so we could either prolong the train segment or find something interesting to do inside the town before the night.

The one thing I had 'half-planned' for the train was to make Amber's saddlebag be stolen by a random passenger. Though, if you think it's better to not do that, no problem at all~

What is the current RP time right now, 13:00~14:00 more or less?

Let's make a few assumptions with the time, and just roll with it:

- The RP began at 08:00, with the passengers arriving on board.

- The trip to Canterlot took one hour, so we'll assume they arrived at a little past 09:00.

- Their meal, we'll also assume, took another hour, but let's assume the ruckus, delivery, and stopovers at the stores, prolonged their stay by 30 minutes.

- (I work by units of a quarter, a half, and a full hour.)

- The divergence begins when Ganaram and company board the wrong train. We'll assume that's 10:30, considering the time that's elapsed, and it makes for a reasonable departure time.

- The rest of the group are still in Canterlot and are held up by the crazed salesmare. The entire ruckus is another 15 minutes, and that includes the guard telling Beat and the others to leave. They leave at 10:45 or maybe 11:00, and considering the repairs, that sounds somewhat reasonable.

Let's go into detail.

11:00+:

- Ganaram and the others realise they're on the wrong train. Plus, I had explicitly written:

He opened a nearby window and stuck his head out, looking for two things: Where the sun is and where the back of the train is. He figured it was about almost noon, so the sun should be overhead, but slightly to the east.

11:30 or 12:00:

- It took that long for the others to cry their eyes out for the Manehattan Train.

- The Appaloosa group should be on board on the train by now.

12:00+:

- Rook realises he loses his journal. Ganaram has to pee again.

- Jade is all flared up in anger. (Yeah, I had to.)

12:15:

- Jade is getting himself drunk. Draco tries talking to him. And gay.

- Ganaram throws a chair, Bolty and Amber go -_(\ , Gem comes into play, and Beat needs an asprin.

-----

So right now, it's about a bit past noon right now. Due to timezones (assuming Equestria has timezones; It wouldn't make sense if there weren't, because in the US, it's because of the trains that we need to recognise the importance of timezones during the 1800s), the times of each train is probably like this:

Manehattan: 13:30, assuming the Manehattan train has already crossed the timezone border.

Appaloosa: 11:30, though this train will need to cross many timezones. Cue the jet lag.

Let's assume the Manehattan train takes about 2 or 3 hours. That means, they'll arrive at about or around 14:00. The Appaloosa train will take longer (all night), so we'll say it arrives at Appaloosa in the morning, say 09:00. For the Manehattan train, it's currently 12:30 minus the timezone discrepancy, and they have been on the train for about 1.5 hours, so they have another hour left of travel. Let's set a timeline like this (and it's in Manehattan time):

- 14:30 - The Manehattan disembark, only to find that the next train that goes to Appaloosa is scheduled to leave tomorrow. They have the rest of the day and most of next morning to wait: 15:00 to 07:00 the next day.

- We'll assume the Manehattan group find a motel to stay in at about 16:00, and they go to bed at about 22:00. They'll have to get up pretty early to catch the train.

The Appaloosa train is rather similar, except they're confined to a single train, not an entire city. The following is instead in Ponyville time:

- 12:30 - Gem complies with Beat's demand and gets the guy an asprin. In doing so, she also heads out to see the other ponies and calls Jade a girl.

- Dinnertime should be around 17:00 to 19:00. Their bedtime is around the same time as the Manehattan group.

I can make an hour-by-hour timeline, and then we can all fill it with different events of what we want to do, then we can use that as a guideline on what to execute for the RP itself. Example:

- 12:30 - Gem gets Beat an asprin, after which, she heads to the back of the train to see the other ponies.

- 13:00 - Gem finally gets off of work, but is essentially stuck with the others.

- (I don't have much planned for this, though.)

For Ganaram, it's similar, but it's still not thoroughly planned out.

This is where we have a problem: We don't know what to do, so we wait for someone to figure it out for us, then we just roll with it. I don't wanna have it be passive like this, so for Rook, Bolty, and Amber, I need to know what you plan to do with the thug. My plan is to have Ganaram be beaten up, but then Amber to do something to make the thug withdraw.

Similar with Beat, Jade, and Draco. We need a general hour-by-hour plan for the RP.

• Brohoof 1

So I posted something. You guys can join in the hot pursuit with that new goon-ish guy. 

If you guys dont like the idea of a fun chase in a train, electrobolt can hit him with another train or something....

Edit: I meant chair, but if he can hit him a train that'd be funny :P

Edited by AnonyPoni

So I posted something. You guys can join in the hot pursuit with that new goon-ish guy. 

If you guys dont like the idea of a fun chase in a train, electrobolt can hit him with another train or something....

Edit: I meant chair, but if he can hit him a train that'd be funny :P

lolwut... Another train? xD Anyways, I was considering having Electro chase him down and attempt to leap on him... Only to fall short or jump face-first into a wall, heh

• Brohoof 1

I have an idea for the goonish pony well here it is.

what if the unicorn teleports to the apploosa train group he brings the journal with him. But then he get's knocked out by Draco because he startled him.

• Brohoof 1

I have an idea for the goonish pony well here it is.

what if the unicorn teleports to the apploosa train group he brings the journal with him. But then he get's knocked out by Draco because he startled him.

^^^ I like this idea because it gives Rook a reason to stick with group. Though, I'm not sure how they would know where he went...

Well if I may I have an idea for that too what if rook had a tracking rune placed onto his journal.

Well... If he had done that in the first place, would he have been trying to look for the journal in the first place, unsure of where it had gone? If you ask me... I don't quite think that would make much sense :/

I'm not against it, but I'd like it to take the remainder of the train ride time.

Unless we crash into another train, which is what I will go against.

Anyways, I was considering having Electro chase him down and attempt to leap on him... Only to fall short or jump face-first into a wall, heh

Which should work, as well.

I kinda see teleportation spells as requiring a lot of concentration and focus, and even with a pony like Twilight, it'd only be short-range. To aim at a moving target is trickier; The trains are moving at probably 50 or 60 MPH with respect to the ground, so if you use one train as a reference point for the other, either train is moving at up to 120 MPH relative to the other.

Not sure if it'd work, unless there's some sort of dark exotic magic involved... Or if it's teleporting just the journal. (Whatever magic is used to send letters to Celestia, I think of it as being reserved for only that purpose, unless it's an entire conspiracy, which I don't know how it would possibly fit, and could make things a bit complicated...)

Well if I may I have an idea for that too what if rook had a tracking rune placed onto his journal.

Rook would need to have the tool to sense the tracker, unless he lost that, too.

If he had done that in the first place, would he have been trying to look for the journal in the first place, unsure of where it had gone? If you ask me...

Seconded. Then again, we're still working things out.

I like the idea of a chase~ 

An idea I have for Rook to decide to stick with the group would be to have the journal damaged or even destroyed in between all that chaos, so Rook would get mad and go like "You guys owe me now, I won't leave you alone until you find a way to repair my journal" or something like that... Just a silly idea. :B

Also, um... Amber has been calling Ganaram "Anagram" for quite a while now... Will he ever get mad?  :P

Oh, one more thing...

Amber's band, Coal Dust, headquarters (an apartment) is in Manehatten. She could invite the group to spend the night there so they don't have to pay a motel or anything. How about it?

• Brohoof 1

An idea I have for Rook to decide to stick with the group would be to have the journal damaged or even destroyed in between all that chaos, so Rook would get mad and go like "You guys owe me now, I won't leave you alone until you find a way to repair my journal" or something like that... Just a silly idea. :B

Heh... I was just reminded of Pokemon because of this bit... What with Misty following Ash and co. because Ash borrowed Misty's bike, only to have it damaged by Pikachu's Thunderbolt, the flock of Spearow, and the crash... :P Anyways, I'll think of a post now

And so I posted... This is, what, the third time I had Electro's face get smacked into something? Yeah... I guess that's his theme for this RP: lots of facial-related pains...

Also, holy crap... REALIZATION STRUCK ME!!! Guys... We have the same pony teams in each train!

Trains: Manehatten   -   Appleloosa

M/Earth: Electrobolt  -   Beat Spark

M/Peg. : Ganaram    -    Draco

M/Uni.  :  Rook          -   Jade Flare

F/Uni.   : Amber        -    Gem

Yeah... We each have 4 ponies in each train... 3 males, 1 female... One Earth Pony, one Pegasus, and two Unicorns... Also, the females are both unicorns! And I only NOW noticed this!!!

• Brohoof 4

An idea I have for Rook to decide to stick with the group would be to have the journal damaged or even destroyed in between all that chaos, so Rook would get mad and go like "You guys owe me now, I won't leave you alone until you find a way to repair my journal" or something like that...

Also, um... Amber has been calling Ganaram "Anagram" for quite a while now... Will he ever get mad?

Amber's band, Coal Dust, headquarters (an apartment) is in Manehatten. She could invite the group to spend the night there so they don't have to pay a motel or anything. How about it?

Not that I'd ever be able to track things down, but that's sorta what happened in an episode of Regular Show, except the owner of the journal (diary, actually) was on a vacation. I wouldn't call the idea necessary, but collateral damage is inevitable. The extent of it is really the only wildcard here.

I'll probably have Ganaram ask why that is, however, it wouldn't matter since Ganaram is an anagram of the word anagram.

Motel or old place, either way works.

Heh... I was just reminded of Pokemon because of this bit... What with Misty following Ash and co. because Ash borrowed Misty's bike, only to have it damaged by Pikachu's Thunderbolt, the flock of Spearow, and the crash... :P Anyways, I'll think of a post now

And so I posted... This is, what, the third time I had Electro's face get smacked into something? Yeah... I guess that's his theme for this RP: lots of facial-related pains...

That's always a running gag, apparently; First day of starting a new region, a bike gets destroyed.

The other gag would be Ganaram always going to the bathroom.

And holy sh!t to your observation; I never would've noticed that, either.

Let's also look at relative ages: Ganaram 19, Amber 19, Rook 19+, Bolty 15; Jade 17-19, Gem 19, Draco and Beat 20+. The old ones are on the Appaloosa train, with the younger ones on the Manehattan train. (Did we ever record down ages...? I remember seeing a few concrete numbers with some of the bios, but for some, it's just a range between two numbers.)

-----

A few notes with my upcoming post:

- There are coffee stirrers that are essentially little straws.

- Yes, I named one of the stewardesses.

Two things for reference here:

* Apart from having a girl's name and a penchant for flowers, Jade isn't particularly effeminate.

* Jade is 19 as of this rp. (specifically, he's a few weeks shy of his 20th birthday; he was banished a couple months after he turned 17, ergo he's been living in Ponyville for almost three years. Overspecificity is fun)

Also, as for leadership, I'm in favor of us doing what we have been doing: we deliberate on what to do, and then have a game master enforce it. So it doesn't matter to me if Ganaram or Motion is the leader here.

Sorry guise, I would have posted earlier, but I had such a bad night of "sleep" and was feeling kinda zombie'ish yesterday.

I'll be posting very soon today though~ My next post will contain a bunch of drawings (ruining more OCs, yay) and a bunch of emotions as well.

Ok, I think i can figure out a way to get the whole transportation thing to work. Right now, i'm typing up a post where Rook is in hot pursuit of the goon. I imagine they're going to get to the engine and have a little fight.

Let's imagine that Rook actually does a good job at fighting this pony who is bigger than him (i'll do that in the post). The goon then teleports himself and the journal somewhere else*. He'll leave behind a clue, probably a letter, which says that the goon needs to go to Appaloosa; Or better yet, they can interrogate the other goon that Ganaram knocked out! Rook'll now stick with the group since they now have a common "destination" and they can help him out... hopefully.

*it's not exactly important WHERE the goon goes, just that he was headed for Appaloosa. He can teleport himself directly there, or onto the train so the other group can interact with him. Or, he can just teleport off the train and make his way to Appaloosa. It's not exactly important how, since it's not under the main lens of the RP

• Brohoof 2

Or better yet, they can interrogate the other goon that Ganaram knocked out! Rook'll now stick with the group since they now have a common "destination" and they can help him out... hopefully.

I'm more for interrogation; It takes more RP-time (and we can have a little fun with our methods), and by the time they're done, they'll be at Manehattan already.

Question: Is the direction of the chase (towards the engine or towards the back) relevant? Unless there's something special at either end, I don't think it is.

My following post (sometime tonight) will continue the current events.

Edited by Ganaram_Bloodrune
  • Brohoof 1

Um... @, may I ask...

Do you mind to prolong the train ride segment with the Manehatten group a little bit more, or do you want to get to the destination asap? Because Bolty and I were planning a comedy-packed scene where Amber's saddlebag would be stolen, and it would even involve the former accidentally-wet bed inside the bedroom. It can happen during the fight scene, if anything. :B

• Brohoof 1

Do you mind to prolong the train ride segment with the Manehatten group a little bit more

I wouldn't mind.

Ganaram and Rook are engaged in a chase; Beat's waiting on Gem to bring him a painkiller; Jade and Draco* are chatting; Why not Bolty and Amber on their own shenanigans?  :P

Correction: Were chatting.

• Brohoof 1

img-1039416-1-dsc00945vi.jpg

Not sure how you guys are seeing things compared to how I'm seeing things, but this is how things look like, as far as I can tell.

(This was drawn about two days ago, so it ain't really up to date.)

@Electrobolt, you may now begin your segment.

-----

On Gem's end, she's been working overtime because the train was, let's say, understaffed, and she was the only one who knew about wiring and circuitry. She didn't anticipate Beat's hairdryer to short out, well, everything, which just added to her stress. (Just a characterisation thing for Gem's end.)

Ganaram's end, I think you know.

(And yes, Gem's horn IS bandaged up.)