ooc [OOC, Signups Closed] Train Ride Headed West (On hold)

Ganaram Inukshuk

(1000th reply)

SO after Rook and Ganaram beat up that guy and he teleports, how do we get Amber and Electro involved in the interrogation (of the old guy)? Do they find the stuff first?

SO after Rook and Ganaram beat up that guy and he teleports, how do we get Amber and Electro involved in the interrogation (of the old guy)? Do they find the stuff first?

The old guy, you mean that first thug that punched Rook?

I believe we're free to work with that... Amber and Electro went to find something to tie him up while he was still unconscious, but they got involved in another kind of issue and most likely forgot about the goon. By now, he might have already woken up and fled. :P

But we'll decide that after we deal with the two other bandits (the one that stole the journal and the other that stole the saddlebag). I'm assuming that they both ran towards the engine, so we will all meet there.

Also, just a quick question... Do the cities in Equestria have phone booths in the street?

I was thinking of one group trying to contact the other by using public telephones so they can talk about their lost luggage. That way we can "re-interact" sooner, because I personally don't like this constant distance. :c

The ponies could also have cellphones, but I doubt they know each other's numbers... Unless Gem calls Ganaram.

What do you think?

Also, just a quick question... Do the cities in Equestria have phone booths in the street?

I was thinking of one group trying to contact the other by using public telephones so they can talk about their lost luggage. That way we can "re-interact" sooner, because I personally don't like this constant distance. :c

The ponies could also have cellphones, but I doubt they know each other's numbers... Unless Gem calls Ganaram.

Ganaram never brought a cell phone, and even if he did, he probably wouldn't know Gem's number. Gem doesn't even have a phone; She has something else. Phone booths, I wouldn't imagine there would be many, especially in the low-population areas. If any, there'd probably just one booth in Appaloosa, but more commonplace in Manehattan.

What about on the train? That becomes an issue... Unless the unicorns can somehow talk to one another telepathically.

I think we should assume of what it is provide in the show, we never saw a phone in the show for what I know, so we shouldn't have phones in the RP.

Imagine, if we add phones, then we would have TV, internet and whatnot (though Electrobolt and Amber passion for videogames should be an exception)

just wondering, if you guys noticed my post lol XD

What about on the train? That becomes an issue... Unless the unicorns can somehow talk to one another telepathically.

I actually mentioned something like that long time ago.

Jade could try and contact Amber via magic; Their horn could act like some kind of antenna.

I think we should assume of what it is provide in the show, we never saw a phone in the show for what I know, so we shouldn't have phones in the RP.

Imagine, if we add phones, then we would have TV, internet and whatnot (though Electrobolt and Amber passion for videogames should be an exception)

just wondering, if you guys noticed my post lol XD

I, for one, think it's fun to be creative and add non-canon stuff to the RP. For Amber's apartment in Manehatten, for instance, I was intending it to have all those latest technology you normally see in a rock star's house, such as big flat HD TV's, remote controls for everything, and whatnot. :P

But well... It does sound a little weird, I guess. If anything, we can go with the telepathy method. I just wanted a way for the groups to interact with each other sooner.

I think I see another problem with trying to communicate telepathically right away: The times between each half is now offset; It's afternoon in the Manehattan half and evening in the Appaloosa half. Maybe we'd be better off if the Manehattan half tried to communicate the following day.

And would any of the unicorns have a telecommunication spell? Gem "could", but she doesn't have the "phone numbers" of anyone on the other train.

Lol Well I was thinking that Draco's wing would be broken in three places. So Motion when Draco comes into one of the shower stall. He'll be without his scarf and his bandages. Heh wanna know the song he's humming and no he won't sing it atleast not yet. I'm planning to make the Apploosa trip not so depressing.

Edited by dragon4111

I think I see another problem with trying to communicate telepathically right away: The times between each half is now offset; It's afternoon in the Manehattan half and evening in the Appaloosa half. Maybe we'd be better off if the Manehattan half tried to communicate the following day.

And would any of the unicorns have a telecommunication spell? Gem "could", but she doesn't have the "phone numbers" of anyone on the other train.

Jade was a sorcerer's apprentice before he was exiled, so he'd be the most magically apt. I'd say the communication spell only works if both unicorn's know it, and already know each other are and where they are. I imagine it would be a rare ability, which is why Equestria bothers with a postal system and not some sort of unicorn fax service. Jade would know the spell since he's a mary sue alumni of the academy for gifted unicorns, and Amber probably would since formerly being in a band would've made it handy to be in quick communication with other ponies. Amber probably remembers Jade from while they were traveling to Canterlot, and could assume that he would be in Appleloosa by now.

As for the technology, I like to imagine that the technology would vary from place to place: Manehatten with a 1920s style aesthetic, Appleloosa with 1880's Old West technology (no running water, steam is the most advanced technology, and so on). Either way, few electronics except when it would be funniest.

• Brohoof 2

I like to imagine the communication / telepathy spell as an actual "phone call" of some sort. The "phone number" of each unicorn is registered within their own magical aura, and a unicorn is able to easily identify another's aura when they use magic or by eye contact only, kinda automatically, depending on how good of magicians they are.

...That's the concept of it I had in my mind. If it sounds way too far-fetched, perhaps... :|

If anything, the spell can work with an area of effect somehow.

• Brohoof 1

I like to imagine the communication / telepathy spell as an actual "phone call" of some sort. The "phone number" of each unicorn is registered within their own magical aura, and a unicorn is able to easily identify another's aura when they use magic or by eye contact only, kinda automatically, depending on how good of magicians they are.

I imagined Gem being able to do the same, but the "phone number" registration spell, I imagined, would have to be a very powerful spell.

How far the two callers are could affect how much concentration is needed.

Oh, and I haven't been able to think up a good fight scene; That's why I haven't done anything for Ganaram and Rook yet.

I imagined Gem being able to do the same, but the "phone number" registration spell, I imagined, would have to be a very powerful spell.

How far the two callers are could affect how much concentration is needed.

Oh, and I haven't been able to think up a good fight scene; That's why I haven't done anything for Ganaram and Rook yet.

I'll see what I can drum up a bit later. Hopefully my post will be of more quality.

Maybe I should play a bit if ACIII to help me out....

Note to @, I need to take control of your character for a bit if I just want to get the fight scene done. If you object, the whole thing will take too long  <..< 

sooo, yeah

EDIT: Tell me ASAP if you're ok with this, since I dont want to get in trouble like last time

Edited by AnonyPoni

I have no objections.

Ganaram's not one to fight directly, but he can be retaliative through whatever he can get ahold of, or he could try bringing somepony down to the ground.

@,

I don't know what you have planned, but at this point, the thug that Ganaram and Rook were pursuing left the scene. Ganaram's looking for any hint for where the thug went, so that leaves Bolty and Amber's thief.

• Brohoof 1

Well, we were planning on moving the saddlebag thief into the same room as the thug - the engine room - so we could have an action-packed 4v2. :P

But now that the thug is gone... Hm... I was thinking of having the thief surrounded by the four ponies, then he chickens out and gives the saddlebag back. That way we won't need another fight sequence and we can do that time-line skip already~

Feel free to control him, if you want. I don't think I have anything to post: Amber is just running right behind Electrobolt.

Also, there's still that first thug lying unconscious somewhere... He isn't tied up yet. :|

And the college semester begins again. Luckily, no morning classes and fewer nighttime classes for me.

What was it...? Oh yes. I don't think it's necessary to go things hour by hour, because that'd make the RP too tedious. In fact, I think having these time jumps would make things faster, though the first one made things a bit asynchronous...

In case I forgot to mention this or you guys forgot, between the time the Manehattan passengers get off and when Amber finds a place to stay, we really don't need to outline all that much. The thug's gone, the second thug's probably gonna get a face full of door, and after that, we can jump a few hours ahead; We can say that the group had lunch/dinner/some other snack during that time.

And the Appaloosa train; Gem's gotten up, and Beat's gotten up to take a shower. As far as I can tell, Jade and Draco are still asleep or are somewhere else.

Question: Does everypony on the Appleloosa train have their own sleeping rooms, or is there a sleeping car (like in Over a Barrel), or is everypony sleeping in the main seating area?

Question: Does everypony on the Appleloosa train have their own sleeping rooms, or is there a sleeping car (like in Over a Barrel), or is everypony sleeping in the main seating area?

There's supposed to be a dedicated sleeping car, like on the Manehattan train, but at least half of the passengers on the Appaloosa train fell asleep in the passenger car, as far as I can tell.

seriously I wish all of you could draw, or at least try, I have almost no idea what's happening on the Manehattan train because TL;DR, It's not like I am not interested, it's because I'm not an avid reader, I read by convenience and I really want to know what's going on, but re-reading all the posts again doesn't sound like a lot of fun D:

WHY YOU GUYS DON'T WANT TO DRAW, EVEN STICK PONIES, I DON'T MIND

Am I the only one that feels like the RP is dying or going TOOO slow?  :huh:

WHY YOU GUYS DON'T WANT TO DRAW, EVEN STICK PONIES, I DON'T MIND

It's because my only drawing tool is MS Paint... And... Even with a mouse I suck at it...

Am I the only one that feels like the RP is dying or going TOOO slow?  :huh:

Totally my bad, I meant to post to give Drizzle an opening to post as Amber, but... Heh... Silly me, I forgot to post... ^^; Took care of it now, though...

I made a quick post and now I'll have to be off for three days. :(

My family suddenly decided to go on a trip and I'm obviously being dragged along against my will... *sigh*

I'm leaving right now. If you guys wanna do the skip already, go ahead - you can even control Amber if needed. But I'll be back in three days.

I'll just throw this out as a fail-safe in case I forget: Ganaram and the four others find each other in the engine; Ganaram tells Amber what happened and they go back to (I don't know which thug) to interrogate.

I apologise in advance in any lack of activity on my part; I've been involved with a mix of college and mod documentation. What do I mean about mod documentation? You'll see what I mean once it's out.

Well, I'm stumped. I was originally going to have it that the mook who stole Rooks diary teleport to the Appleloosa train (unintentionnaly, his first words being "What the? THIS isn't Miramare...", and that would give a reason for Rook to pal along to Miramare (as Amber would horncall Jade, who'd bring up this strange pony who suddenly appeared in front of him with a book he was violently protective of).

Until I realized that the timeskip would make it infeasible. xP

What do you guys think? Should I go ahead and do it (as hackneyed as it is) for the sake of defibrilating this rp?

(I would, of course, come up with a valid reason for why he accidentally ended up on the train instead of his intended destination)

Edited by Jadefire